+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Raga of songs

vijay (@ 68.5*) on: Sat Oct 23 23:28:03 EDT 2004

Vel, you dont have to bother about my contribution to ROS (or TFMDF in general), its all there in the archives. As for what those ppl who contributed to your list, mostly out of pity, really thought about you and your list, you wouldnt want to know(I know a couple of them personally). And I clearly remember suggesting a disclaimer to your so-called raga database which you even gladly accepted and have conveniently forgotten now :-))

Regarding my posts on IR or whatever MD 6 years back I dont care or dont even remember. I have never claimed anywhere that I am not an IR fan(if anything, the reverse is true), so all the digging you do might prove nothing. But none of us at any point of time attempted to bombard a neutral thread like ROS with mundane songs of one MD with lengthy pretentious raga names attached to them while ignoring other MDs.
    We always opened separate threads in the main section for discussing any particular MD-related songs. (And worse, in your case, you have your own IR-bajanai thread for ragas in forumhub which YOU started and a separate IR-bajanai mandapam aka His holiness Shri Ilayaraja Yahoo fans club :-)))

So overall, I could care less about your comments on posts or other stuff.

Vel (@ 219.*) on: Sun Oct 24 08:31:49 EDT 2004

"....Vel, you dont have to bother about my contribution to ROS (or TFMDF in general), its all there in the archives..."

Thats exactly what i am talkin abt mate...its all probably there in the ARCHIVES only...Nothing much worthwhile for the past 2 years huh? Oh really, NOTHING, apart from the ‘ottai record’ type stale postings abt ‘IR-NOWADAYS-IS-MEDIOCRE” rantings.

Also on a similar token, can you pls excuse me and pls not bother by constantly bragging abt my "excess-contribution" vis-a-vis IR or "non-contribution" vis-a-vis OTHER MDs? It sucks big time.

"...As for what those ppl who contributed to your list, mostly out of pity, really thought about you and your list, you wouldnt want to know(I know a couple of them personally)..."

ENNA SIR POOCHAANDI KAATREENGALA? It does not really matter whom u know personally and whom u dont.... I already advised you to stop talking like a "self appointed" MOUTHPIECE for OTHERS in ROS thread. … Ungalukku 10 pera personal'aa therinjirundha enakku atleast 2 peraavadhu therinjirukaadha sir...I too have corresponded personally with REAL KNOWLEDGEABLES (e.g. say isairasigai, and as I said, such genuine ppl, though have frankly expressed displeasure at ILAIYARAGAM being Pro-IR-Centric, have also gone out of their way to contribute to my list and have all shared their knowledge with us LEARNERS here)….I can spot the difference between a constructive suggestion and ACIDIC STOMACH JUICE secretions. Pls dont try to append/add ur name to the list i gave (Isairasigai, Rgpm Sundar, Indrajith etc)...U belong to the CROWD. Just like ME. PERIOD. I am not bothered what u personally know, it all boils down to how much you have bothered to SHARE what little you KNOW.

"...And I clearly remember suggesting a disclaimer to your so-called raga database which you even gladly accepted and have conveniently forgotten now :-))..."

And you conveniently forgotten that the DISCLAIMER put on the site very clearly states that readers should use their own discretion/judgement and that the list shud be used only as a reference...Adhu unga kannula padaadhe ?

"...I have never claimed anywhere that I am not an IR fan..."

Then by the same logic, have i ever come to you and claimed that i am NOT a fan of MSV/GR/KVM? I have told u very specifically (more than 10 previous occasions now) that i dont hate MSV/GR/KVM, but it is just that i am able to relate better to IR songs more than other MDs. Its a simple thing that you just dont seem to be able to comprehend/digest for some strange reason.

"...But none of us at any point of time attempted to bombard a neutral thread like ROS with mundane songs of one MD with lengthy pretentious raga names attached to them while ignoring other MDs..."

When u sit and pretentiously analyse APRIL MAYILE and attribute some strange (dumb) reason to conclude that "only IR can do such a thing" and make many more such 'very-mature' claims [in one single page (http://tfmpage.com/forum/17033.5982.3.html)], why shud we lay-people avoid analysing a RARE SCALE, just bcoz YOU are OBLIVIOUS/SCARED/IGNORANT abt it…..STRANGE REALLY...Thats sounded goddamn MEGALOMANIACAL to me..

"...We always opened separate threads in the main section for discussing any particular MD-related songs...."

You don’t own ROS thread, do you ?...Let bb/rajaram/other admin come and even post one single line saying that,

a) i shud force myself to talk abt OTHER MDs too,NOT JUST IR

b) and i shud only TALK abt those RARE scales that will NOT scare/flabbergast/annoy/intimidate the "i-know-only-30-keerthanais-so-entertain-my-ego-within-this-boundary" people here (especially you and your aides)

Let them post this. And i swear, if they did, i will quit visiting this forum the very next moment. I will also withdraw my thread in forumhub. Seri dhaane? You dont have to poke in your unwelcome nose anywhere unnecassarily.

"...And worse, in your case, you have your own IR-bajanai thread for ragas in forumhub which YOU started..."

Yes, and million thanks for not stopping by therein. Its heartening to see that thread being spared by you. That bhajanai-madam will save a lot of trouble sans any "TEXTBOOKISH" abhaswarams from YOUR side, as is now typical of you :-))

"...So overall, I could care less about your comments on posts or other stuff..."

Ada ponga sir...Comedy panaadheenga...Ennamo unga post'aa ellorum vizhundhu vizhundhu padikira maadhiri :-)))

THODARUM

Vel (@ 219.*) on: Sun Oct 24 08:52:22 EDT 2004

Thumburu,

I am not forcing ILAIYARAGAM database down anyone's throat here, am I? Gone are the pre-historic days in TFMPage wherein i used to flaunt the ILAIYARAGAM URL whenever i got the chance. I dont do it anymore & i am sane enuf to know that that is not the way you make ur site popular....

Today, if someone is using the database, its under their own individual choice to USE or DISCARD it entirely or the specific entries therein. Thats that, so simple. Who is forcing anybody here?

Vel (@ 219.*) on: Sun Oct 24 12:24:46 EDT 2004

And thumburu,

You say that the natural course wud be to include OTHER MDs in order to swell-up my database. Well, in case i do it, i will only have to populate it with IR songs...For the simple reason, ilaiyaragam, the website, is just not abt carnatic ragas alone. The database list that many here are mad abt, is just a part of my personal site dedicated to maestro. See ilaiyaragam homepage for other contents (ringtones, research articles by various authors, celebrity fans page, some religious stuff etc etc...) So if u see the homepage, u will unerstand that the premise of the site is beyond merely the ILAIYARAGAM database, which is just a part of a typical fan's website.

So how at all can the the database include other MDs at all? ilaiyaragam is a site for ilaiyaraja, with just that one page wherein i have dedicated for carnatic. Not vice-versa - ie, Its NOT A CARNATIC SITE wherein ppl can accuse me for focusing only on ilaiyaraja.

:-) Dont you see the difference?

Vel (@ 219.*) on: Sun Oct 24 12:32:02 EDT 2004

vijay (@ 68.5*) on: Sun Oct 24 13:19:07 EDT 2004

Vel, I didnt go about and dig all the garbage you have posted for the last several years:-)) So lets leave it at that. I didnt evn bother read what you dug up and dont even know or care to know whether its my post or someone else by the same name. Anyways whatever I posted regarding ONLY IR songs were all mostly in IR-related threads in the main section, not in ROS. Simple point, yet it seems to, escape you everytime. And as for your comments on my tune, I didnt ask for it neither do i care for it.

Neither bb or admin have the time and resources to monitor each thread. But You and your likes have already done your "contribution" by putting off several ppl here. Some of us are thankfully having useful discussions either over emails or phone from time to time or in a place free from your immature rantings. And if I havent posted much here for the last 2 years its because for the last 2 years all the regular ROS'ers have'nt been posting regularly here too, thanks to ppl like you. No, I dont own ROS thread(neither did I claim that I did). You may continue to "analyze" Kaali perungaaya dabba or other thagara dabbas at your own free will, who is going stop you? :-))

J (@ 61.6*) on: Sun Oct 24 14:19:38 EDT 2004

1 . ore manam ( villain )
    2 . mugham yenna ( subash )
    3 . yaaro nee ( sullan )
    4 . kavithai iravu ( sullan )

does anyone know the raagas of these songs ?

Vel (@ 210.*) on: Mon Oct 25 03:48:10 EDT 2004

"...I didnt evn bother read what you dug up..."

It was not meant for YOU to read dear old-horse, it was posted for OTHERS DFers to see and make their judegments..

"...Some of us are thankfully having useful discussions either over emails or phone from time to time...."

If its gonna be the kind like your EXPERT ANALYSIS OF APRIL MAYILE etc etc, pls distribute such stuff strictly over ur own network of private emails or phone only....]

"...And as for your comments on my tune, I didnt ask for it neither do i care for it..."

Appada, ippodhan puriyudhu pola...Unga tune'a pathi pesina mattum kobam varudha, adhe maadhiri dhaane aduthavangalukkum...For EACH his OWN, purinjikonga. I still maintain that CONSTRUCTIVE criticisms from PEOPLE who were really willing to share their knowledge, is always welcome. Adhu theriya vendiyavangalukku already theriyum.

So I wont take up cowardly indirect references anymore. PERIOD. And i have already mentioned that you and me belong to the CROWD, so its not fair to try to append ourself with list containing names like isairasigai, rgpm sundar or indrajith. As i said already, they mix constructive criticism with valuable contribution...and it is very different from ULCERIC STOMACH JUICE SECRETIONS.

So, if it has not yet entered your divine-head, let me repeat again, your highness...I too hold similar sentiments, with my database list or in general my posts as you do with your TUNE and YOUR SINGING. And NEITHER DID I ASK for your comments or requested u to give marks abt my knowledge of OTHER MDs, and i dont care either. GET THAT STRAIGHT. I pretty well know who will the right people to ask such questions.

Next time around, please think twice before alluding to other people's posts / abt their focus or non-focus abt IR or OTHER MDs / or spitefull venomous remarks abt OTHER'S KNOWLEDGE (However bloated ur OWN EGO may be).

i think i shud stop this here. Brave men fighteth not the "dead" snake....:-)))

P.S.
    [Hey, in all sincerity, ur rendition WAS INDEED TEXTBOOKISH, and didnt quite gel with the emotions/colours that the lyricist UDHAYA has conveyed so well nor did justice to ur tune...also improve your TAMIL ucharippu..Well anyways, thats your botheration mate..No hard feelings]

Pradeep (@ 202.*) on: Mon Oct 25 05:32:14 EDT 2004

Indrajith,
    **I dont really understand how you people Mark the Shatjam from a film song that you listen Just like that. ( if it does not use tanpura or anything of that sort to Fix the scale**

I have seen some singers start singing swaras just like that when they hear a song..mostly in competition shows(without a chord/tanpura)..not sure whether its experience or previous knowledge of the song.

To add to the above query a stupid question..Does a pallavi of a song always gets centred and come back to Sa or a P for that sruti/scale.
    on the other hand are there film songs which starts with "ma" and does sancharas back to "sa".. for that scale it would be nice how to find the Shatjam for these songs

vijay (@ 68.1*) on: Mon Oct 25 12:51:00 EDT 2004

DIG:

Vel, I never commented directly about your Ilayaragam database in the current debate(I even remember correcting/commenting about your database quite some time back. In fact I have even posted in your forumhub quite long time back. Like I said, you can always check the archives). My comments were mostly about your posts here in ROS thread. Also I wasnt "angry" at your comments on my tune. You are welcome to call it as garbage if you want to. But since you addressed ME in your comments about my tune(and not the other DFers) I just responded by saying that I couldnt care less about your comments, purinjudha? :-)
    Also I never intended to "append" my name to any list here nor did I claim that I am a "knowledgable". Its all a figment of your imagination. You seem to be desperate to create an issue here since no one bothers to visit your "Carnatic ragas in IR songs" thread. I see that thread is as deserted as ever with the only post which made sense was by another sensible person named "Unbiased fan" who has echoed similar sentiments to mine :-)) But to find out if someone is "knowledgable" or not, how knowledgable are you to judge that? Idikkudhe..:-)) Did I claim anywhere that I belong to the "knowledgables" list? No, so stop putting words in my mouth. I just mentioned that I know a couple of people personally as friends from that list you mentioned, thats all.

As for that April Mayile I didnt even know or bother to find out if it was really my post or someone else. Doesnt make sense for me to dig up 6-year old posts and find out why I posted that way 6 years back. We are talking about your current posts not about your 6-year old posts so lets keep it that way. Even if I had praised IR fanatically it would be in an IR-related thread in the main section not, in ROS. Get that into your head and we'll move on. I dont wish to debate this any further here.

Others, sorry for the unwanted commercial breaks, pl. carry on with the main agenda :-)

+ Reply to Thread