+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 138 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 24 64 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Raga of songs

Quote Originally Posted by RR
    Srini: I think all of them (& more) are available on coolgoose.

http://as01.coolgoose.com/music/category.php?id=10003
    My first try was in coolgoose. but I cud nt find these songs there.
    We are what we do repeatedly.Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Often the songs in random categories. Have you browsed thoroughly? Anyway, I may have some of them. I can send you.

Quote Originally Posted by RR
    Often the songs in random categories. Have you browsed thoroughly? Anyway, I may have some of them. I can send you.
    That would be great. please do send them to shree_123@indiainfo.com.
    We are what we do repeatedly.Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

I've become curious, and maybe raaga whiz kids like Indrajith could clarify: is the song 'Kaathal Oviyam Kanden' (Kavikkuyil) based on any raagam? I highly doubt that the correct designation for the song is Hameer Kalyani, as Vel's database suggests, as the song uses the notes of the mela Harikhambhodhi, with a trace usage of Ni3.

Nitya, it sounded Behag-ish to me. But your points are valid.

Quote Originally Posted by Srini
    Yeah, Mappilaiku and 'Ramanin' are all great numbers.

BTW, I happened to listen to 'Endrendum ananthame.......valibathin rasanai' . This song is sung by malaysia vasudevan. Am unable tofind the name of the film. Can somebody help me out?. a telugu actor sings this song in a stage, and ambiga watches it. Any idea what the film is?. The song sounded like mayamalavagowlai to me.

Srini, it is sarasangi.

Interested in discussing MS' TFM songs? you can listen to them here: http://tfmpage.com/mss/

What raagam is the song "Kalyana maalai kondadum penne" ? Is it Madhyamavathi?
    :roll:
    SP.Ram

Re: Newbie

Quote Originally Posted by ramsp35
    What raagam is the song "Kalyana maalai kondadum penne" ? Is it Madhyamavathi?
    :roll:
    Sindhubhairavi touches with few natabhairavi like usages (ri2 in both arohanam & avarohanam)

Quote Originally Posted by Srini
    Can you tell me where i can download these songs :

1. Kanavu ondru - oru odai nathiyagirathu (I just downloaded another song , 'thendral ennai' from this movie. If any of you is searching for it, its at artika.net. but this is the only song avlbe there)
    2. kaadhal kavithaigal from gopura vasalile.

Also, I guess,the first one is malayamarutham and the second mayamalavagowlai. am i right??

Kanavu ondru thondrudhe - is revathi

You r right abt kaadhal kavidhaigal being MMG.

+ Reply to Thread