+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 138 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 23 63 113 ... LastLast

Thread: Raga of songs

Quote Originally Posted by Srini
    I heard the song 'Raaja Raani Jacki' from the film 'Netrikkan'. Really good song. I was wondering if this song is based on any raaga... Any Idea??
    Metoo like that song. Raga.. hmm, no idea. But 'maappillaikku' is a good one in this movie. we've discussed enough though.

Yeah, Mappilaiku and 'Ramanin' are all great numbers.

BTW, I happened to listen to 'Endrendum ananthame.......valibathin rasanai' . This song is sung by malaysia vasudevan. Am unable tofind the name of the film. Can somebody help me out?. a telugu actor sings this song in a stage, and ambiga watches it. Any idea what the film is?. The song sounded like mayamalavagowlai to me.
    We are what we do repeatedly.Excellence then is not an act, but a habit.

Quote Originally Posted by Srini
    Yeah, Mappilaiku and 'Ramanin' are all great numbers.

BTW, I happened to listen to 'Endrendum ananthame.......valibathin rasanai' . This song is sung by malaysia vasudevan. Am unable tofind the name of the film. Can somebody help me out?. a telugu actor sings this song in a stage, and ambiga watches it. Any idea what the film is?. The song sounded like mayamalavagowlai to me.
    movie: kadal meengal.

In case you haven't seen, do check out the two series 'Rajanna Raja thaan' and 'Pick of the week'. http://www.tfmpage.com . Lot of raga-based discussions.

Pick of the Week/Siriya Paravai (Antha Oru Nimidham)

I've seen the SOTW thread, and I've actively participated in that thread, active DFer that I am. It's awesome, with some entries that even Vel sir hasn't touched on.

Okay, new subject:

Remember how Mr. Vijay was saying that many Tamil songs cannot accurately be mapped to any raagam, e.g., 'Aathaara Suruthi' (Konji Pesalaam), 'Nenjodu Kalanthithu' (Kaathal Konden), 'Thillana Thillana' (Muthu), etc.? He's right. And in regards to his words, the song 'Siriya Paravai' from Antha Oru Nimidham comes to mind. You know how everyone's been mapping it to Charukesi raagam? Only the second charanam can be mapped to that raagam. I think it's foolish to say that the whole song is Charukesi raagam. Any thoughts?

foolish? can you explain pls.

my 2 cents: scale is not raagam. Just because a 'dappanguthu' song falls into S R1 G3 M1 P D1 N3, we can't call it as MM gowla raga. Maybe 'MM gowla based' is acceptable.

Well, if you're familiar with Charukesi raagam, you know how it sounds. In 'Siriya Paravai', only the second interlude and charanam sound like Charukesi. The rest of the song sounds like something else, some minor scale.

Can you tell me where i can download these songs :

1. Kanavu ondru - oru odai nathiyagirathu (I just downloaded another song , 'thendral ennai' from this movie. If any of you is searching for it, its at artika.net. but this is the only song avlbe there)
    2. kaadhal kavithaigal from gopura vasalile.

Also, I guess,the first one is malayamarutham and the second mayamalavagowlai. am i right??

please add 'Sorgame endralum' (ooru vittu ooru vanthu) and 'sintiya venmani' (poonthota kaavalkaran) to my above list.

Srini: I think all of them (& more) are available on coolgoose.

http://as01.coolgoose.com/music/category.php?id=10003

+ Reply to Thread