+ Reply to Thread
Page 126 of 138 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast
Results 1,251 to 1,260 of 1379

Thread: Raga of songs

Quote Originally Posted by thumburu
    From film "Unnaal Mudiyum Thambi" , "Maanida sevai drohama , Kalaivani" , sung by KJY. Is the raga of this song "Dharbaar" coz it sounds like that to me?
    Its Poornachandrika. The raga popularisd by telisi rama.

RR, Thanks a lot

Hai everybody, I am coming after al ong gap. Of late I am facinated by the song - "poongatre Konjam Unmai solla" from the film Friends
    I am hearing it atleast 3-4 times a day. Can someone give the raga of this song and its corresponding Hindustani raga also?

poongarte konjam.... Hindustani AHIR BHAIRAVI/Carnatic Chakravagam.

http://www.dishant.com/mailsong/38683.html
    zindagi ko.... Shri.Yesudas from Alaap.

nee paadhi naan....Shri.Raaja
    Ullathil nalla ullam... Shri.MSV....

(My ears will appreciate little more resonance for this particular song . Ghazal king has been displayed feeble (fine orchestration) vennilvae... ,yedho oru pattu...,hai ram e kya...Uyire uyire(pathos) Ghazal king is employed at rt range & resonance:thumbsup: , mood preserving orchestration, appealing lyrics naan poyee 2-3 times andha songs kekkaren! OK vaa!! You have a blast with Shri.Ilayaraaja) :wave:

:!: :lol: i wont give the example of 'ullathil nalla ullam' which T.N.Seshu publicly called to be sarasangi and not chakravagam 8-)

:!: :!:

does anyone know what raaga sahana and mayilirage are based on?
    Ghajini in Hindi Kills. What an interpretation.

Sahana ...from film Sivaji is Ragam SAHANA (Sahara... by Vijay Yesudas version has Raga -kundala varali thiruppavai laced in the middle)

WRONG WRONG ops:

Quote Originally Posted by baroque
    Sahana ...from film Sivaji is Ragam SAHANA (Sahara... by Vijay Yesudas version has Raga -kundala varali thiruppavai laced in the middle)

Mayilirage.... & the other song from the same movie is a restructured tune of Rahman's konjum minakkale.... tune contaminated with ambience of rag madhyamavati.
    i dont quite understand what you are saying. restructured tune of konjum and contaminated (i dont think that having a raaga resemblence means contaminating)? :?

Friend, I didn't say anything wrong.

But My RAGA LABLE IS WRONG ops: OK!!

Quote Originally Posted by baroque
    Friend, I didn't say anything wrong.

Let me put it this way.

Songs run on ambience of rag madhyamavati to my ears, I tend to hum konjum .......when I listen to the compositions.

OK!!
    sry didnt mean to offend, i just didnt understand what you meant by contaminated. thats y. neways thx.

+ Reply to Thread