MrJudge
10-11-2008, 01:34 PM
Guys,

Please continue the discussion here.

viraajan
10-11-2008, 01:44 PM
Mine is the first post :boo:

Times of India: 11-10-2008 :)

Disclosing that he had never attended music classes, one of the Kollywood's top music directors Yuvan on Thrusday said, "I only know the basics. Music is like an ocean and I fell into it".

Releasing the audio of Ajith's Aegan at a simple function held at the office of an FM station in the city, he revealed that Ajith was pleased with the music of the movie and added that his favorite song in the movie was a jazz number called "Hey Baby".

"This song was recorded in London and has been inspired by a song in Mumbai Express that my dad recorded in New York" he said.

When media persons asked him why he often went abroad to compose music, the music director replied, "I want to be away and alone. That is the reason I go abroad. But it all depends on my mood. There have been occasions when I have returned without having composed anything"

Yuvan also said that he was doing his first album in Hindi which would focus on relationship problems of youngsters.

When journalists asked him to name the song that he often hummed, the soft spoken musician hesitated, smiled and replied "Hey Saala..."

MrJudge
10-12-2008, 06:22 PM
intha vAram silambAttam (18th) release Agumla?

karthik_sa2
10-12-2008, 07:47 PM
am desperately in need of a melody number from yuvan now...

vasanth2006
10-12-2008, 08:38 PM

Most of the yuvan fans say this now..... Hope Ilaiyaraja's number in silambattam and SMS satisfy.....

itsmuls
10-13-2008, 06:22 AM
Yesterday in Manada Mayilada, it was said by Dance Master Kala, that Music is done by Yuvan for Silambattam. As a pre-release, dance was choregraphed for the song "Where is the Party" even before the release of the music and the movie.
The song seems to be good only which has Mass appeal and sure superhit. The recording quality was poor other than drums beat and lyrics nothing was heard.
Hope the CD would come with good quality recording.

viraajan
10-13-2008, 07:09 AM
Yesterday in Manada Mayilada, it was said by Dance Master Kala, that Music is done by Yuvan for Silambattam. As a pre-release, dance was choregraphed for the song "Where is the Party" even before the release of the music and the movie.
The song seems to be good only which has Mass appeal and sure superhit. The recording quality was poor other than drums beat and lyrics nothing was heard.

is that an english song?

viraajan
10-13-2008, 07:11 AM

idha than nan kadandha irandu maadha kaalamaga pulambi kondu irukkiren :rotfl:

SMS - one melody for sure.
Silambattam - i hope Ilayaraja song is a melody. coz the female singer is Shreya Ghosal :redjump:

Mahen
10-13-2008, 02:13 PM

Silambattam - i hope Ilayaraja song is a melody. coz the female singer is Shreya Ghosal :redjump:

I cant digest IR singing a love duet with shreya ghosal :D But their duet song in ajantha was quite nice..

viraajan
10-13-2008, 02:15 PM

I cant digest IR singing a love duet with shreya ghosal :D But their duet song in ajantha was quite nice..

Thats exactly i felt after i heard that Ajanta duet. It was quite ok if not great :)

Sanjeevi
10-13-2008, 02:38 PM
Now I feel yuvan songs are getting noisy. Once upon a time he was famous for songs with clear vocals to listen and for stunning melodies like Kadhal valarthen. Now there is that MD?

viraajan
10-13-2008, 02:42 PM
Now I feel yuvan songs are getting noisy. Once upon a time he was famous for songs with clear vocals to listen and for stunning melodies like Kadhal valarthen. Now there is that MD?

Avar hip-hop/rap/jazz-nu poikittu irukkaru...
neenga solra indha madiri melodies ellam inime varuma-nu konjam doubt than sanjeevi :(

Namma katharadhu ellam avara kaadhula vizhadha :banghead:

viraajan
10-13-2008, 02:50 PM
Kadhal valarthen-ku yen poreenga...

Even last year, we had "Paravaye", "Para pattampoochi", "Sanjaram", "Pesugiren", "Ariyadha vayasu", "Ayaiyo" were outstanding melodies with mild music not masking the lyrics. but now :(
He is not the same after Saroja.

vasanth2006
10-13-2008, 05:03 PM
Kadhal valarthen-ku yen poreenga...

Even last year, we had "Paravaye", "Para pattampoochi", "Sanjaram", "Pesugiren", "Ariyadha vayasu", "Ayaiyo" were outstanding melodies with mild music not masking the lyrics. but now :(
He is not the same after Saroja.

Guys,

Definitely he will come back with stunnnig melodies.... dont worry...these scripts and directors require this kind of music... so he provided.... check this year's vazhthukkal and YNM..... Lets hope for good melodies in near future....

MrJudge
10-13-2008, 05:44 PM
Come on guys, Yuvan has done what the director asked for aEgan. I was worried about it in the beginning because RS was working with Yuvan for the first time. But the album has turned out real good. If some one asks for pOgAthEy kinda songs he will give without any doubts.

vasanth2006
10-13-2008, 05:58 PM
I was worried about it in the beginning because RS was working with Yuvan for the first time.

From yuvan's interview in the audio release......Before this film itself, they were planned to do a album..... :)

MrJudge
10-13-2008, 06:18 PM
From yuvan's interview in the audio release......Before this film itself, they were planned to do a album..... :)

Yes, but I don't think it was materialized. They also tried their hands in the Dhanush movie parattai engiRa azhagu sundaram but both opted out later. So this is the first time they worked together and completed it.

vasanth2006
10-13-2008, 07:11 PM

is that an english song?

Here you go for complete song..... http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=BCYODVKR

p.s : Vinith, this song is not for you..... :)

Thanks to orkut fans....

vasanth2006
10-14-2008, 12:59 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/16504.html

Cine Critics Award Distributed
[Monday, October 13, 2008]
The people of Cine Journalists Association (CJA) presented the Cine Critics Award to the outstandingly talented people of the film industry on 12th October, at Four Frames Theatre, Chennai. The function was presided over by A Thamizhanban, head of the association and Veteran director K Balachandar graced the event by distributing the awards.

'Paruthi Veeran' made a hat-trick by bagging three of the awards for the best movie, best director Ameer and best actress Priyamani. Jeeva starrer 'Katrathu Thamizh' comes second with the best script writer for director Ram and best cinematographer for Kathir.

The best actor award went for Sathyaraj for his close to life portrayal of characters in 'Periyar' and 'Onbathu Rubai Notu'. Venkat Prabhu was the recipient of the best screenplay writer for 'Chennai-28' and Viji for the best dialogues in 'Mozhi'. The duo Yuvan Shankar Raja and Na Muthukumar has made sensational chartbusters and has now bagged the awards together for the best music director and the best lyricist respectively.

:clap: :clap:

Finally yuvan got his recognition for his unmatchable output in 2007...... :D

pratap
10-14-2008, 04:25 AM
Vijay TV la Yuvan Round poikitturkku. When is yuvan coming? Any idea ?

MrJudge
10-14-2008, 08:21 AM
Here you go for complete song..... http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=BCYODVKR .

Thanks for the song, waiting for the CD before passing any comments....

A.ANAND
10-14-2008, 08:22 AM
hatts off to yuvan for best md in 2007
:2thumbsup: :clap:
parutheeveran and katrathu tamil one of my fav.yuvan's album in 2007 :cool2:

viraajan
10-14-2008, 08:34 AM
Here you go for complete song..... http://www.megaupload.com/de/?d=BCYODVKR

p.s : Vinith, this song is not for you..... :)

Thanks to orkut fans....

sokkka... sonneenga ba... :bow:

correct... :ashamed: this song is not for me... idhu than andha remix song ah :roll:
More simbu than yuvan :hammer:

MrJudge
10-14-2008, 09:24 AM
idhu than andha remix song ah

No, this is not the one. Remix is another mass song, nalam thAnA.

viraajan
10-14-2008, 09:38 AM
idhu than andha remix song ah

No, this is not the one. Remix is another mass song, nalam thAnA.

Yes. Nalam thana remix, i know.

Idhu remix illaya? Appa suttuttan :hammer:

ennamo pannalam, disco-vukku pogalam is a very famous ghaana tune :hammer:

konjam time kodunga.... i'll check this out :(

vasanth2006
10-14-2008, 11:10 AM

:bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:

I am more excited.......

Guys, Here you go........

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/super-singer-5/

MrJudge
10-14-2008, 06:08 PM
silambAttam audio will be launched on Oct 17th....
2 more days to go.... :cool2:

karthik_sa2
10-14-2008, 07:40 PM
I am more excited.......

:D 8-)

vasanth2006
10-15-2008, 05:07 AM

:bluejump: :redjump: :bluejump:

I am more excited.......

Next part.....

http://tamil.techsatish.net/file/super-singer-6/

Until this episode, the following songs were sung by participants....

janauary matham (mathangi has sung this song)

samikitta solli
kannan varum varai
kan pesum varthaikal
en anbe
pogathey
ninaithu ninaithu (sujatha's fav)
arariraro
Yaro yarukkul ingu
Nenjodu kalanthidu
pesugiren (sujatha's fav)
Vallava
kanda naal mudhalai
puthu kadhal kalamithu
iru kangal sollum
kana kanum kalangal

MrJudge
10-15-2008, 10:45 AM
Any paper ads for day after tomorrow's release guys?

viraajan
10-15-2008, 10:54 AM
No paper ad :(

viraajan
10-15-2008, 01:29 PM
:redjump: :bluejump:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/42327.html

Sarvam - on the go :)

Expecting another "Yedhedho" :)

xml
10-16-2008, 12:03 PM
VP is directing two movies.

http://tamil.webdunia.com/entertainment/film/featuresorarticles/0810/16/1081016045_1.htm

MrJudge
10-16-2008, 06:02 PM
silambAttam audio release postponed-A? :banghead:

K
10-17-2008, 07:11 AM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/heroes/2008/10/16-simbhu-dances-to-a-rajini-song-in-silambattam.html
Vachika va Unna mattum Remix in Silambattam

MrJudge
10-17-2008, 10:05 AM
'silambAttam's songs will be like Vijay movie songs and you will hear a different Yuvan' - Simbu in his recent interview to AV.

will silambAttam be a hattrick for Yuvan-Simbo combo music-wise??

xml
10-17-2008, 12:58 PM
YSR signed a new move "16".
Chennai 28 and Saroja fame Shiva is starring. Directed by Sababathi who directed Punnagai poove.

MrJudge
10-18-2008, 07:25 AM
silambAttam's release is postponed to 20th of this month.

viraajan
10-19-2008, 05:10 AM
So, nalaikuu release ah :)

No Ads in paper :huh:

vasanth2006
10-19-2008, 05:48 AM

after hearing the samples, i dont have any expectation for this album(silambattam) except Isaignai's song....

for me Manmadhan(Exceptional album) > Vallavan ( it has execellent numbers such as loosu penne, vallava, ammadi athadi.... but as a album, manmathan wins...)

Vallavan > Silambattam?? :roll: ...we have to wait and see.... but I believe silambattam is sure shot commerical winner.... but quality wise :oops: (Simbu :twisted: ... verum kutthu patta vanguran)

p.s : Currently Aegan is slowly occupying my mind..... :)

MrJudge
10-19-2008, 06:33 AM
(Simbu :twisted: ... verum kutthu patta vanguran)

I think silambAttam will take Yuvan even more close to the B&C centers. I like that. :wink:

viraajan
10-19-2008, 02:42 PM

after hearing the samples, i dont have any expectation for this album(silambattam) except Isaignai's song....

for me Manmadhan(Exceptional album) > Vallavan ( it has execellent numbers such as loosu penne, vallava, ammadi athadi.... but as a album, manmathan wins...)

Vallavan > Silambattam?? :roll: ...we have to wait and see.... but I believe silambattam is sure shot commerical winner.... but quality wise :oops: (Simbu :twisted: ... verum kutthu patta vanguran)

p.s : Currently Aegan is slowly occupying my mind..... :)

Enakku suthama hope illa, but andha ilayaraja melody-ku than waiting :yes:

xml
10-20-2008, 04:23 AM
Goa is a youhful movie.
It will be a musical hit. No doubt.

http://www.tamil.cinesouth.com/masala/hotnews/new/18102008-3.shtml

viraajan
10-20-2008, 04:29 AM
Silambattam Audio launch today... Paper ad :)

MrJudge
10-20-2008, 04:36 AM
Silambattam Audio launch today... Paper ad :)

pOttu thAkku pOttu thAkku :D

MrJudge
10-20-2008, 12:26 PM
Are CDs available guys? Anyone tried? I am gonna try later today..

viraajan
10-20-2008, 03:18 PM
No judge. Dint get in the stores.

This audio stores never gives me the cd on date :hammer:

Audio release aagi 3 days kazhichu than varum :banghead:

MrJudge
10-20-2008, 05:58 PM
Silambattam's low profile audio release
October 20, 2008
Silambattam Audio Release

Audio of Silambarasan's Silambattam is released straight to the stores without any star-studded release event. The reason quoted being Silambarasan's non-availability owing to the busy schedules for the completion of the movie.

According to official sources, the movie's audio will be up for grabs in the shelves of leading music stores. There are 7 tracks in the album including the remix track 'Vachukava Unnai Mattum' sung by Silambarasan and the Silambarasan regular Suchithra. It could also be remembered that Ilayaraja has sung a romantic number for Silambattam.

Silambattam, with Silambarasan, Sneha, and Sana Khan in the lead, is slated for a November release.

MrJudge
10-20-2008, 06:20 PM
Silambattam Songs Released

Padma Iyer [October 20, 2008, 9:09:39 PM]

The music of Simbu's next film Silambattam was released through various radio channels today, keeping with the trend of releasing music of movies through FM channels. The songs of Silambattam are already rocking the radio stations.

The CDs and cassettes will be available in stores from tomorrow. The movie, produced under the banner of Lakshmi Movie Makers, is the directorial debut of Saravanan. Dheena has composed the music. Simbu has experimented with different looks for this film. He movie is expected to be a high point in his career. Mumbai girl, Sana Khan makes her debut with this movie.

interz
10-20-2008, 09:03 PM
Silambattam Songs Released

Padma Iyer [October 20, 2008, 9:09:39 PM]

The music of Simbu's next film Silambattam was released through various radio channels today, keeping with the trend of releasing music of movies through FM channels. The songs of Silambattam are already rocking the radio stations.

The CDs and cassettes will be available in stores from tomorrow. The movie, produced under the banner of Lakshmi Movie Makers, is the directorial debut of Saravanan. Dheena has composed the music. Simbu has experimented with different looks for this film. He movie is expected to be a high point in his career. Mumbai girl, Sana Khan makes her debut with this movie.

Who did really compose the songs?? ONe source saying YUVAN other source saying Dheena...

viraajan
10-21-2008, 03:41 AM
It's yuvan Interz. No doubt in that :)

MrJudge
10-21-2008, 05:21 AM
Who did really compose the songs?? ONe source saying YUVAN other source saying Dheena...

:lol: Yuvan has composed it but looks like the confusion still exists in the media. Does Padma Iyer read only the old promos/news? :evil:

MrJudge
10-21-2008, 08:22 AM
Got the CD... has only five songs not seven. It is mixed at NYSA, mumbai. :D

viraajan
10-21-2008, 08:24 AM
:clap: judge....

how abt the songs.. :roll:

MrJudge
10-21-2008, 08:27 AM
viraajan,

I haven't listened to it fully. I listened to the IR number only. I will upload low quality version this afternoon.

viraajan
10-21-2008, 08:28 AM
viraajan,

I haven't listened to it fully. I listened to the IR number only. I will upload low quality version this afternoon.

:ty:

PM me once it is up :)

inetk
10-21-2008, 09:33 AM
Nooru.
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/10/21/music-review-silambaattam-tamil-yuvan-shankar-raja/

MrJudge
10-21-2008, 09:46 AM
album averagennu thONuthu.....

interz
10-21-2008, 09:52 AM
Just listened to the SILAMBAATTAM songs on galatta,

My pick is "Where is The party", quite funny lyrics and interesting orchestration.

"Vechukkava Vechukkava" doesnt sound bad either, i particularly like the rhythm.

Nalamthaana remix is the most dissapointing track of Silambattam movie songs. Nalla remix panna mudiyatta, vera paadu pannungo, ippidi nalla paattugala kedukka vendango.

I wouldnt compare Silambaattam songs with Aegan songs. Silambattam seems like a movie which requires folkish kind a songs.

MrJudge
10-21-2008, 10:18 AM
Uploaded the songs, visit;
http://yuvan.wordpress.com/2008/10/21/silambattam-mp3s/

MrJudge
10-21-2008, 10:25 AM
"Vechukkava Vechukkava" doesnt sound bad either, i particularly like the rhythm.

Actually I was mad when listening to it for the first time but sounds good in the second listening.

vasanth2006
10-21-2008, 02:06 PM
I like the folk melody machan machan.... :)

popeye11
10-21-2008, 02:24 PM
Judge Thanks for posting the songs man.

I Absolutely love, Machan Machan.. esp the Konnuputta Part
Hero intro song typical U1-Simbu style, barring vechikava this album is sure shot hit! IMO.

MrJudge
10-21-2008, 02:31 PM

Hero intro song typical U1-Simbu style, barring vechikava this album is sure shot hit! IMO.

Yes, the pallavi is a bit of disappointment but konnuputta part is just too good. I like the charanams but lyrics for this number is very very average. :| mAnE, thEnE words :evil:

popeye11
10-21-2008, 03:02 PM
Ha Ha Maane Thene.. i noticed that too .. didnt pay much attention to the lyrics.. its high time these guys stop using outdated stuff.. Did u notice the thanthana thananae part in tamilan song.. reminds me of that manmadan song .. looks like this album was done in such a haste...

karthik_sa2
10-21-2008, 07:25 PM
machan machan :musicsmile:

karthik_sa2
10-21-2008, 07:27 PM
where is the party is 8-)

Vivasaayi
10-22-2008, 04:54 AM
wheres the party is to rock :cool:

MrJudge
10-22-2008, 06:46 AM
I like nalamdhAnA, where is the party and machAn machAn. vechikkavA is not even a remix, it is just a remake, only Simbu's vocal and the female portions with chorus like effect are saving graces of this track.

MrJudge
10-22-2008, 08:11 AM
Bela Shende in machAn machAn :notworthy: She is too good in aEgan and also in silambAttam.

inetk
10-22-2008, 09:30 AM
I feel 'Where is the party' has the potential to be a massive hit, like Nakka Mukka. Its a simple, catchy track and plays intelligently with a very familiar Tamil folk song for instant connect. The folk tune was made popular by (I think) Pushpavanam Kuppusamy, as also 'used' by Adityan in Amaran (Chandirane sooriyane).

viraajan
10-22-2008, 11:32 AM
I just gave one listen to "Where's the party song" when samples were released. Shift-Deleted it from system and waited for original. I think i'll do the same now :huh:

Interesting Beats are the only plus point here... Tune is ok to some extent... (Folk with mordern beats :) ) Singers are the big minus - irritating male voice and the most irritating female voice...

Nalam thana - as i said earlier is utter garbage... shame on Yuvan!

MrJudge
10-22-2008, 12:23 PM
virraajan,

This is pakkA commercial album and these two songs are way above the standard for that genre. Both are good IMO.

viraajan
10-22-2008, 12:26 PM
That was just my opinion judge :) . I dint like them :(

viraajan
10-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Yogi for pongal :)

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/42519.html

MrJudge
10-22-2008, 01:34 PM
appa yOgi music should be released in Dec last week /Jan 1st week... 8-)

viraajan
10-22-2008, 02:01 PM
appa yOgi music should be released in Dec last week /Jan 1st week... 8-)

:notthatway:

I'm expecting it by mid of Dec :yes:

MrJudge
10-22-2008, 05:44 PM
viraajan,

If it releases in the middle, that is fine too. My guess is the last week of Dec. This album will have gAnA songs, may be one melody at the most.... My other guess is yOgi soundtrack will be opt for the movie puthupEttai. Songs are recorded in France, so I am expecting good quality recording too. :D

K
10-22-2008, 06:22 PM
Sillambattam is in Standards of D.Iman I rate 1.5/5

AEGAN is far better when compared to Silambattam, Yuvan Please stop working with Simbu.

rashid2raj
10-22-2008, 10:31 PM

AEGAN is far better when compared to Silambattam, Yuvan Please stop working with Simbu.

You better go home and sleep. YSR-Simbhu combo is ROCKING every time. Even Silambaattam is so great, being a commercial one. DAMN,

Simbhu-YSR, for me the next Shankar-Rahman

YSR - SIMBHU rules, and will always do :wink:

rajasaranam
10-23-2008, 05:14 AM
'Where is the party' is rockin. This song is gonna be the anthem of the dance floors soon. :)
Overall the album is pucca commercial one and I see Yuvan slowly embracing Raaja's style in composing. :notworthy: good for us! ;)

Sanjeevi
10-23-2008, 05:17 AM
I feel 'Where is the party' has the potential to be a massive hit, like Nakka Mukka. Its a simple, catchy track and plays intelligently with a very familiar Tamil folk song for instant connect. The folk tune was made popular by (I think) Pushpavanam Kuppusamy, as also 'used' by Adityan in Amaran (Chandirane sooriyane).

The folk tune is very familiar to me since it is singing by 'Pattimars' on my local town's festival called 'Mullaikattu' or 'Mulaippari'. So the credit for the folk tune should go to none other than tamilnattu pattimargal

Sanjeevi
10-23-2008, 05:19 AM
I happy for 'Where is the party' is getting good 'mass' reviews here, can it beat 'Ammadi Aathadi' mass?

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 05:35 AM

My wish is Simbu works with Yuvan for every movie of his. I guess silambAttam will be the best of Yuvan's commercial work so far, this album will be a huge hit in B&C centers. Yes, this is definitely a hat-trick for Yuvan-Simbu combo.

aEgan's subject is different, so don't compare that with silambAttam.

K
10-23-2008, 06:33 AM
Just think of the quality of Yuvan and compare with Silambattam, this is utter crap not even a quality composition in this album, the songs may become hit or super hit but the quality? dont get emotional and say that it is like Shanker-Rahman combo, Simbu is not Shanker and Yuvan is Superior than Rahman in terms of musical quality(not technical quality). Panni kooda serndha Singakutty mathiri iruku Simbu Yuvan combo.

viraajan
10-23-2008, 07:22 AM
Just think of the quality of Yuvan and compare with Silambattam, this is utter crap not even a quality composition in this album, the songs may become hit or super hit but the quality?

I completely agree with you K especially with the highlighted point which is exactly my opinion too. In fact, i raised the same question in last thread of Yuvan. I would give ZERO marks when in comes to quality for few songs in Silambatam. Thankfully, the matured orchestration in Machan saves the song.

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 08:08 AM
I don't care how many points you guys give, Yuvan needs to do this kinda albums side-by-side albums like katRathu tamizh to get his graph moving upwards. He is prolific and he needs to be versatile too.

rameshmanian
10-23-2008, 08:18 AM
Pls dont compare Rahman with Yuvan. Rahman is a genius like Illayaraja and Yuvan has miles to go to reach the stage where rahman and illayaraja are now.
Moreover both Aegan and Silambattam are utter crap and not having quality music which yuvan always tends to provide. Varanam Aiyram is MUCH MUCH BETTER than these two crap albums

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 08:23 AM
Pls dont compare Rahman with Yuvan. Rahman is a genius like Illayaraja and Yuvan has miles to go to reach the stage where rahman and illayaraja are now.
Moreover both Aegan and Silambattam are utter crap and not having quality music which yuvan always tends to provide. Varanam Aiyram is MUCH MUCH BETTER than these two crap albums

A request to you just like your request to us, please don't mention anybody's name with IR......

Mahen
10-23-2008, 09:29 AM

My wish is Simbu works with Yuvan for every movie of his. I guess silambAttam will be the best of Yuvan's commercial work so far, this album will be a huge hit in B&C centers. Yes, this is definitely a hat-trick for Yuvan-Simbu combo.

aEgan's subject is different, so don't compare that with silambAttam.

Judge, not necessarily crap songs are meant for B&C centres...MDs can come up with high quality music for B&C centres too i.e madhuraiku pogathadi, dhinam dhinam depavali...I feel that yuvan is just degrading himself by doing movies like silambatam..And judge, yuvan is musician not a politician...A top musician must have some kind of standards..

rajasaranam
10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
A request to you just like your request to us, please don't mention anybody's name with IR......
:lol: :notworthy:

nanchil_guy
10-23-2008, 11:06 AM
from the movies sandakozhi, vel, thimiru and thamirabharani i rememeber only two songs ( thavani potta deepavali and thaliye thevai illa) all other songs are crap IMO, but it doesnt matter att all.

all those films are hit and these comericial hits are the ones which keep yuvan at the top of the market not the quality songs from the movies like KT etc which were flops.

Its ironic but true that yuvan needs these kind of commercial movies to stay top on the market, so that he can get oppurtunity to score quality songs in other movies.

So if you want qulaity songs from yuvan , listen songs from films like KT,Raam etc while leaving the mass to get what they want.

rajaalltheway
10-23-2008, 11:07 AM
Silamabattam has just come out and people havent got enuff time to listen it twice and u are already using words like crap and mediocre..wow..we do have some great purists and isaignanis in the forum.For me thiss one of 2008s best commercial album by far,Machan machan s uber cool..ofcourse iam just a street kid who never gotta chance to listen Beethoven..but my NAD and JAMO setup simply rocks to Vechukkava..

itsmuls
10-23-2008, 11:17 AM
Goa' plot seems to be interesting. On reading this, I assure, you will smile. Hope to get good tunes from Yuvan.

http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/oct-08-04/venkat-prabhu-22-10-08.html

The plot of Venkat Prabhu's next movie!

October 22, 2008

Venkat Prabhu keeps surprising everyone. Saroja isn't what we expected, and yet when we saw it, we were pleasantly surprised. It was, among other things, an effective comedy. Now for his hatrick, he's preparing another offbeat comedy for Soundarya Rajinikanth's Ocher Studios and Warner Brothers.
The story concerns four guys without jobs searching for the perfect women. Their notion of perfect women is white women who will fall in love with them, and take them away to America. They set off on a trip to Goa looking for foreign women. Just as they are many unemployed youth with wild schemes and dreams like these, there are also Western women who believe that they should fall in love with Indian men and marry them. And so four such foreign women come to India looking for four eligible men. Prabhu will use an entirely new cast; only Premji will be there from his previous films. He is currently looking to cast four foreign actors to fill the roles of the heroines.

rashid2raj
10-23-2008, 11:22 AM
No one has said YSR is equal to Rahman, Shankar is equl to SIMBHU, :roll: However, what i meant was, that I'm ALWAYS looking forward to Shankar-Rahman combo. And, now, I'm having the same feeling with YSR-SImbhu combo. Movies like Manmadhan, Vallavan, was brilliant. Different, screenplay, and different scores. Even Kettavan, sample song made me feel in heaven. Though, we can't compare Silambaattam with Manmadhan, Vallavan, as it's not his own production, it's still making me feel, yahoooooooooooooooooooo inside :D

thamizhvaanan
10-23-2008, 11:50 AM
Just think of the quality of Yuvan and compare with Silambattam, this is utter crap not even a quality composition in this album, the songs may become hit or super hit but the quality? dont get emotional and say that it is like Shanker-Rahman combo, Simbu is not Shanker and Yuvan is Superior than Rahman in terms of musical quality(not technical quality). Panni kooda serndha Singakutty mathiri iruku Simbu Yuvan combo.
:rotfl:

evan ya inga Rahman pera izhuthadhu :evil: indha madhiri nansens ellam padika vendiyadha pochu :banghead:

Just like Judge's request, please dont use ARR's name along side with any other MD's name... ippo ellam avar level'ey vera :notworthy:

And times have changed... To mention IR's name along with ARR is a proud thing for IR. ARR has acheived so much and continues to break barriers like no other person in TFM history. :notworthy:

viraajan
10-23-2008, 12:02 PM
And times have changed... To mention IR's name along with ARR is a proud thing for IR. ARR has acheived so much and continues to break barriers like no other person in TFM history. :notworthy:

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

K
10-23-2008, 12:04 PM

just compare mature compositions of the present days MDs and judge it by yourself, i dont want to argue more on this carry on with healthy discussion. thank U.

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 12:18 PM
Slowly it has become a trend of mentioning their MD's name with IR to put down any new comers. :curse:

Sanjeevi
10-23-2008, 12:18 PM
pls don't compare any musician with other musician and stick with ysr new albums

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 12:19 PM

ithellAm anubavikkaNum :rotfl2:

thamizhvaanan
10-23-2008, 12:20 PM

just compare mature compositions of the present days MDs and judge it by yourself, i dont want to argue more on this carry on with healthy discussion. thank U.

What mature compositions? :lol2: Where? :rotfl:

thamizhvaanan
10-23-2008, 12:28 PM
You guys can laugh but the whole world knows that it has become the truth. Poona kanna moodikitta ulagamey irundiduchu nu nenachukumaam :lol2:

Try to talk of IR to any Northie,

"Ilayaraja? Who?"

"Oh!! you didnt know?? He is a brilliant music director. He is even compared with Rahman down south"

"Oh.. really??? Then he must be really great.. hmmm"

Thats what I mean :cool:

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 12:28 PM
Guys,

Vijay TV's diwali programmes announcement has Yuvan's music mostly, only two or three tracks from others, athu....

:clap:

Kumarappa
10-23-2008, 12:29 PM
Guys, you are crazy! Stop this nonsense here!
This is a YSR thread, keep talking about his albums and qualities without comparing to or even mentioning other MDs. That doesn't care. Everybody can mention his opinion but it's very unfair and absolutely unneccessary to talk about who's better than who and such stuff, please leave it.

Meanwhile, I think it's good for Yuvan to bring out such pakka commercial albums. Silambaatam will reach a large audience, IMO. I personally liked 'Machan Machan' and love 'Where Is The Party', rocking song!

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 12:31 PM
On Oct 25th, there is a special promo on Vijay TV for KPKP as part of the diwali programmes around 6pm. Don't miss it.

Looks like the movie will be released soon, may be in Dec/Jan... :bluejump:

viraajan
10-23-2008, 12:49 PM
:redjump:

Song clipping will be played... :boo:

viraajan
10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
http://visionofvinith.blogspot.com/2008/10/silambattam-yuvan-shankar-raja.html

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 12:55 PM
Song clipping will be played... :boo:

Most likely :D

Kumarappa
10-23-2008, 01:06 PM
In wikipedia Vijay's next movie 'Vettaikaaran' (after 'Villu') is listed under Yuvan's forthcoming albums. Can we believe this? I have some doubts....

And btw behindwoods has rated Silambaattam with 2.5 stars, just like Aegan!

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 01:17 PM
[tscii:fd44708a04]Simbhu's Silambattam
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, October 23, 2008]

It's been awhile since we saw Simbhu on screen and he is arriving shortly with his 'Silambattam'. Directed by cameraman-turned-director Saravanan, this Simbhu's next is produced by Muralidharan on Lakshmi Movie Makers banner.

Being the 25th production on the banner, the production house is meticulously making efforts to bring the movie grandly. Sana Khan, a model has been roped in to play the heroine for this movie which has musical score by Yuvan Shankar Raja.

'Manmadhan' and 'Vallavan' attained a niche for the Simbhu – Yuvan combo and the latest music launch of the movie didn't fall behind in satisfying the expectation of the audiences. The story is said to be set to be in a rural setting in the first half and later goes out into the metropolis.

An efficient role has been trusted to Prabhu and Sneha plays a cameo in the second half of the flick. The director assures that even though he's a cameraman, his work in 'Silambattam' will be that of a professional maker and not of a cinematographer. The man who beautifully portrayed the rustic rurality and urban life in 'Veyil' is Mathi who cranks the camera for this movie. This movie made as a clean entertainer, is to be out soon after Diwali. [/tscii:fd44708a04]

Vivasaayi
10-23-2008, 01:21 PM
You guys can laugh but the whole world knows that it has become the truth. Poona kanna moodikitta ulagamey irundiduchu nu nenachukumaam :lol2:

"Ilayaraja? Who?"

"Oh!! you didnt know?? He is a brilliant music director. He is even compared with Rahman down south"

brother...we are not talking about popularity here

apdi paatha shakeela is popular than mohan lal in tamilnadu..appo shakeela mohan lala vida bettera?

ARR fans have this habit of talking about popularity - which is absolutely out of context :lol:

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 01:27 PM
In wikipedia Vijay's next movie 'Vettaikaaran' (after 'Villu') is listed under Yuvan's forthcoming albums. Can we believe this? I have some doubts....

I think it is written/edited by one of Vijay's fans....not official.

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 01:35 PM
KPKP stills suggest it will have both kuthu songs as well as melodies:

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Gallery/tamil-movies/movies-4/kunguma-poovum-konjumpuraavum/index.html

thamizhvaanan
10-23-2008, 02:18 PM

"Ilayaraja? Who?"

apdi paatha shakeela is popular than mohan lal in tamilnadu..appo shakeela mohan lala vida bettera?

ARR fans have this habit of talking about popularity - which is absolutely out of context :lol:

Hey! Relax bro.... Actually you are talking out of context. I am not that foolish to claim that ARR is better than IR... chillara pasanga arguement!

What I did claim is that, people who still think ARR doesnt deserve to be spoken of in the same league as IR belong deserve a 100% quota in Dinasaur age. Its been ages since ARR has acheived greatness, reached out to a wider population, explored greater depths of music, scintillated and reached out to a lot more souls.

I said ARR has done so much that if anyone talks of IR in the same sentence as ARR, it would be a proud thing for IR not a disgrace as some of these guys would want to project. Anything wrong with that? :huh:

Now what is this unnecessary stereotyping of ARR fans and an intolerably ridiculous example of shakeela :evil: :banghead:

viraajan
10-23-2008, 02:55 PM

well said judge :lol:

viraajan
10-23-2008, 02:57 PM

:thumbsup:

viraajan
10-23-2008, 03:05 PM
I said ARR has done so much that if anyone talks of IR in the same sentence as ARR, it would be a proud thing for IR not a disgrace as some of these guys would want to project. Anything wrong with that? :huh:

Thamizh,

The only thing which bothered me is

To mention IR's name along with ARR is a proud thing for IR

This is certainly not the right way of comparing ARR and IR. Had this been the other way "To mention ARR's name with IR, its a proud thing for ARR", i would not have bothered at all!

Coz, IR had achieved almost everything in music by the time ARR entered.

Thats it!!!

Lets put a period and continue with YSR discussions!

sarna_blr
10-23-2008, 03:29 PM

Vignesh :rotfl: epdi ipdi :rotfl2:

MADDY
10-23-2008, 04:03 PM
Now what is this unnecessary stereotyping of ARR fans and an intolerably ridiculous example of shakeela :evil: :banghead:

its absolutely pointless to speak here.........by the way this is the language thats always used to bring down ARR........i have seen far more damaging and indecent attacks on ARR,his family and me,my family in this hub......why do u think, my blood boils when i read the letters IR and his family :twisted: ......pls dont get into a arguement with them, its fruitless and they lack basic decency to speak in a public forum

thamizhvaanan
10-23-2008, 04:53 PM

its absolutely pointless to speak here.........by the way this is the language thats always used to bring down ARR........i have seen far more damaging and indecent attacks on ARR,his family and me,my family in this hub......why do u think, my blood boils when i read the letters IR and his family :twisted: ......pls dont get into a arguement with them, its fruitless and they lack basic decency to speak in a public forum

Yes.. you are right but I would like to hear an explanation from vicky for one of his statement that made some of the "jingu chakku"'s ROTFL.

Shakila:Mohanlal != ARR:IR. While Shakeela is well known because of her kind of films, Mohan lal's popularity is supposed to stem from his acting skills. She sells a different thing he sells a different thing unlike IR and ARR, both of whom attract masses based on their music.

Summa udhaar'uku udharanam vida koodadhu... konjamachum udharanathula stuff irukkanum.. vivasaayi vevasthayoda thaan pesuneero!

thamizhvaanan
10-23-2008, 04:58 PM
This is certainly not the right way of comparing ARR and IR. Had this been the other way "To mention ARR's name with IR, its a proud thing for ARR", i would not have bothered at all!

Thats it!!!

Lets put a period and continue with YSR discussions!Leave it.. naan epadi maathi sonnalum adhum correctu thaan ren... neenga solradhu thaan correctu nu neenga solreenga. Vilakki payan illai.

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 05:40 PM

Yes.. you are right but I would like to hear an explanation from vicky for one of his statement that made some of the "jingu chakku"'s ROTFL.

appadiyE neengaLum "jingu chakku" MADDY-kku pOdAmA irunthA nalla irukkumnEn, enna nAn solRathu?? :lol:

thamizhvaanan
10-23-2008, 05:44 PM
thambi naan solradhu ellam sondha karuthu.. suya sindhana illama aduthavanga olarnadha quote panni rotfl podala... purinjudha?

karuthu othu poradhukaaga jingu chakku nu solla pudaadhu... matter iruka illayanu theriyamaley support panraanga paathengala.. adhaan jingu chakku :lol2:

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 05:50 PM
thamizhvaanan,

unga posttukellAm sonthamA message pOttu reply paNNa vEndAmnu nenaikkiren.. time waste Aguthilla... ada che 2 mins waste Ayiruchchu pArunga ippa intha messagekku :lol2:

thamizhvaanan
10-23-2008, 05:54 PM
atlast.. a mild hint of sanity :clap:

Keep it up :thumbsup:

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Somehow in Simbu's albums a few tracks are longer and don't end in 3 or 4 mins time, in silambAttam, nalamdhAnA is 6.20 mins long and 3 songs are 5+ mins.

MrJudge
10-23-2008, 06:14 PM
atlast.. a mild hint of sanity :clap:

Keep it up :thumbsup:

:lol: :rotfl2: :lol2:

Vivasaayi
10-23-2008, 06:26 PM

Shakila:Mohanlal != ARR:IR. While Shakeela is well known because of her kind of films, Mohan lal's popularity is supposed to stem from his acting skills. She sells a different thing he sells a different thing unlike IR and ARR, both of whom attract masses based on their music.

I just used that example for explaining that "popularity" is always a "useless" parameter.its not a direct analogy. :)

maddy,

ur blood boils when u hear ir nd his family names :lol: avunga ennanga panaanga? :roll:

p.s. I have great respect for Rahman as a person and ofcourse as a musician ...so i would never dare to compare like that :oops:

MADDY
10-23-2008, 06:35 PM
maddy,

ur blood boils when u hear ir nd his family names :lol: avunga ennanga panaanga? :roll:

i have seen far more damaging and indecent attacks on ARR,his family and me,my family in this hub

thamizhvaanan
10-24-2008, 03:48 AM
I just used that example for explaining that "popularity" is always a "useless" parameter.its not a direct analogy. :)

I disagree. When the personalities are contesting in the same field, popularity is "also" one among the parameters. If one compares a hockey player and cricket player and say that popularity is not the right parameter, its correct.. both are not contesting on level grounds.

Oru sathathirku Isai enra patathai tharadhey adhai ketkra makkal thaan.. So incase of music.. makkal theerpey magesan theerpu ... popularity is definitely a factor :cool:

crajkumar_be
10-24-2008, 05:03 AM
TV,
I agree with Vivasaayi that there is a problem if someone always brings up the 'popularity' trump card in games of one-upmanship, irrespective of the fact that they are in the same field etc...
I've said this before, if one says "Rahman is the best in the world because his is the music which moves me the most" or something like that its fine but not when someone has to go looking for youtube links and who-knows-whom-from-where stats etc.. that's a bit shallow IMO. I mean, of course A.R Rahman has reached where no Indian has reached in terms of fame and penetration etc but adha oru primary factor for forming opinion-a vechikitta it undermines Rahman's music of all things! IOW, its a nice thing to have, a great thing but if i were a Rahmaniac i would say "I would have placed Rahman this high even if he didn't have all these" :)

I disagree. When the personalities are contesting in the same field, popularity is "also" one among the parameters. If one compares a hockey player and cricket player and say that popularity is not the right parameter, its correct.. both are not contesting on level grounds.

Oru sathathirku Isai enra patathai tharadhey adhai ketkra makkal thaan.. So incase of music.. makkal theerpey magesan theerpu ... popularity is definitely a factor :cool:

MADDY
10-24-2008, 05:52 AM
TV,
I agree with Vivasaayi that there is a problem if someone always brings up the 'popularity' trump card in games of one-upmanship, irrespective of the fact that they are in the same field etc...
I've said this before, if one says "Rahman is the best in the world because his is the music which moves me the most" or something like that its fine but not when someone has to go looking for youtube links and who-knows-whom-from-where stats etc.. that's a bit shallow IMO. I mean, of course A.R Rahman has reached where no Indian has reached in terms of fame and penetration etc but adha oru primary factor for forming opinion-a vechikitta it undermines Rahman's music of all things! IOW, its a nice thing to have, a great thing but if i were a Rahmaniac i would say "I would have placed Rahman this high even if he didn't have all these" :)

i think TV used that point to drive home the quality of rahman;s music only......he means that lot of people acknowledge that his music is great, then whats the problem in putting him on par with IR........ofcourse ARR is not a gymnast that he attracted people with his acrobatic stuff, it is his music which has brought him all the fame.......

there are a lot of people who have felt ARR's music moves them the most..........i feel thats a good enuf evidence to form a opinion

crajkumar_be
10-24-2008, 06:07 AM
ofcourse ARR is not a gymnast that he attracted people with his acrobatic stuff, it is his music which has brought him all the fame.......
:lol: Of course!

i think TV used that point to drive home the quality of rahman;s music only......he means that lot of people acknowledge that his music is great, then whats the problem in putting him on par with IR........ofcourse ARR is not a gymnast that he attracted people with his acrobatic stuff, it is his music which has brought him all the fame.......

there are a lot of people who have felt ARR's music moves them the most..........i feel thats a good enuf evidence to form a opinion
Maybe i didn't phrase my post well enough.

"I would have placed Rahman this high even if he didn't have all these"

then whats the problem in putting him on par with IR
IMO, there should be none whatsoever even if one puts him above IR. To each, his/her own. I love the music of both but place IR a notch higher but to me, if someone were to say, "Enga aalu Ilaiyaan paattu innikki kooda ethanayo gramathu veetla olikkidhu..adhaan reachu... adhaan solren IR dhaan weightu", i would have a problem with that because i dont base my rating of IR *primarily* on whether someone in a remote village trips on his songs. Of course its a great feeling to know that, but i like music because i like it - others liking it or certifying it is secondary (important too, perhaps but secondary), especially when it comes to who is the best arguments.
IMO, music is experience and "feeling" more than anything else. 'Research ellam veliya irukku. Feeling ulla irukku' :)

I think problems arise because of statements like "MDs should compose like this in diff genres/styles rather than repeating the same thing for years" from one camp and "he is just a sound-engineer/synth kid" etc from the other...

P.S: Sorry for the dig. I rate Yuvan highly, especially in recent times but haven't listened to Silambattam, so can't comment...

MADDY
10-24-2008, 06:53 AM
IMO, there should be none whatsoever even if one puts him above IR. To each, his/her own. I love the music of both but place IR a notch higher but to me, if someone were to say, "Enga aalu Ilaiyaan paattu innikki kooda ethanayo gramathu veetla olikkidhu..adhaan reachu... adhaan solren IR dhaan weightu", i would have a problem with that because i dont base my rating of IR *primarily* on whether someone in a remote village trips on his songs. Of course its a great feeling to know that, but i like music because i like it - others liking it or certifying it is secondary (important too, perhaps but secondary), especially when it comes to who is the best arguments.
IMO, music is experience and "feeling" more than anything else. 'Research ellam veliya irukku. Feeling ulla irukku' :)

I think problems arise because of statements like "MDs should compose like this in diff genres/styles rather than repeating the same thing for years" from one camp and "he is just a sound-engineer/synth kid" etc from the other...

P.S: Sorry for the dig. I rate Yuvan highly, especially in recent times but haven't listened to Silambattam, so can't comment...

i understood ur POV since we have discussed this in our "sabai" and ur blog as well........ :lol: ARR fans do tend to latch on to this point primarily because its a special feeling to know ur feeling is being shared by people of different cultures and ethinicities.........and more so, because he is largely "under-recognised" in TN........its also understood that primary reason for supporting ARR is personally they have been moved by his music......theres no need to state it explicitly......but i do agree it becomes irritating for others after a point of time that ARR fans keeping taking it out......but that doesent evoke a "shakeela-mohanlal" analogy/comparison.....its so DISGUSTING.....

i totally agree on ur point of expecation and subsequent accusation on other camp.....some even wanted ARR to compose fusion according to standards....fusion-kku edhudaa standards :lol:

reg u1, somehow his music doesent hit me as hard as IR's or ARR's...........maybe i have too much of hatred in my heart for those folks :) IR's music ofcourse breaks that barrier and hits me :notworthy:

MrJudge
10-24-2008, 09:51 AM
[tscii:43070bdd2a]Yuvan completely dedicated to KPKP

Prasanna Singh [October 24, 2008, 12:11:19 PM]

Though Yuvanshankar Raja has decided to make a film on his own, he is completely devoted to his friend S.P.B. Charan’s film Kunguma Poovum Konjum Puravum (KPKP) at present. Yuvan is very keen on giving an excellent musical composition which will augment the appeal of KPKP’s beautiful storyline. And Yuvan, who normally composes tunes that sound so western, has lent a rustic flavour to KPKP’s songs.

Srikanth and Praveen, the film’s editors, are also working very hard to collate the scenes in a style that is different from other films. The film’s story, based on the experiences of a bunch of youngsters in the age group 18 to 22, has given them a perfect platform to work on.

All this sure augurs well for Tamil cinema. It looks like KPKP will go on to become an important milestone in Tamil cinema.

From Galatta.com[/tscii:43070bdd2a]

K
10-24-2008, 02:34 PM
not related to the topic but ellarum padinga but sanda podathinga please http://raviaditya.blogspot.com/2008/10/blog-post_12.html

the blogger expressing his views on music

littlemaster1982
10-24-2008, 02:56 PM
K,

Can you tell me what is the necessity of posting this half baked article in *this* thread?

viraajan
10-24-2008, 03:03 PM
reg u1, somehow his music doesent hit me as hard as IR's or ARR's...........maybe i have too much of hatred in my heart for those folks :) IR's music ofcourse breaks that barrier and hits me :notworthy:

Maddy, I remember you describing "Local IR" and "International ARR" few weeks ago. (The post was deleted by Mods) Now you are saying that you like IR music. If you like IR music what is the necessity of calling him "local" :huh:

app_engine
10-24-2008, 03:04 PM
not related to the topic but ellarum padinga but sanda podathinga please http://raviaditya.blogspot.com/2008/10/blog-post_12.html

Outrageously half-baked mind vomitting in a blog, abusing the freedom that Net gives:-(

Like LM said, what's the need to post this link in this thread?

MrJudge
10-24-2008, 06:02 PM
k,

However half-baked the blog is, couple of points he mentioned are facts.

K
10-24-2008, 06:24 PM
know what are all happening in the world, since the discussion came in this thread I posted it here padichoma rasichoma share pannoma nu iruntha nalam, I requested not to fight. Thank U.

Nerd
10-24-2008, 06:32 PM

The most disgusting blogpost that I have read in a long time. His comments about IR is also disgusting. This comment sums it up:
நீங்க குழந்தைப் பருவத்திலேயே மெனோபாஸ் ஆயிட்டீங்களோ?!!
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

MADDY
10-24-2008, 06:45 PM

Maddy, I remember you describing "Local IR" and "International ARR" few weeks ago. (The post was deleted by Mods) Now you are saying that you like IR music. If you like IR music what is the necessity of calling him "local" :huh:

i neednt reveal my true respect for IR's music in a u1 movie thread............i have written so many posts praising IR lavishly, ahh, i neednt prove it to u........atleast i dont pretend :)

MrJudge
10-24-2008, 06:54 PM
Looks like aEgan movie is good, and so is BGM :thumbsup:... So this is going to be a hat-trick for Yuvan-Ajith at BO. :2thumbsup:

pOttu thAkku
pOttu thAkku

viraajan
10-25-2008, 04:43 AM

i neednt reveal my true respect for IR's music in a u1 movie thread............i have written so many posts praising IR lavishly, ahh, i neednt prove it to u........atleast i dont pretend :)

:lol:

Well, you need not prove it to me... Your posts looked contradictory.... Since this is a public discussion, i thot of asking that question... :huh:

viraajan
10-25-2008, 04:44 AM
Looks like aEgan movie is good, and so is BGM :thumbsup:... So this is going to be a hat-trick for Yuvan-Ajith at BO. :2thumbsup:

pOttu thAkku
pOttu thAkku

If its a BO hit, I'll be very happy :redjump:

BGM pathi kavalaiye illa as it is Yuvan :boo:

MADDY
10-25-2008, 05:01 AM

Well, you need not prove it to me... Your posts looked contradictory.... Since this is a public discussion, i thot of asking that question... :huh:

where is the contradiction??? IR is pretty much local and survives on tamil film music........but that doesent make him a bad MD and i never said so.....he is a genius par excellence which i have accepted so many times............obviously when there are bad things told by u guys abt ARR, i have to coin terms like "local IR" to negotiate it..........

MrJudge
10-25-2008, 05:59 AM
If its a BO hit, I'll be very happy :redjump:

BGM pathi kavalaiye illa as it is Yuvan :boo:

Now lot of SMSs moving around to stop people going for this movie :roll:

MrJudge
10-25-2008, 06:26 AM
Looks like the movie is an average one, so keep my fingers crossed :roll:

thamizhvaanan
10-25-2008, 06:48 AM
TV,

Bala,
you have mistaken me. When did I indulge in one-upmanship?

I am not that foolish to claim that ARR is better than IR... chillara pasanga arguement!
I was just stressing on the fact that ARR is a colossus in his own right. He himself has set a high benchmark with which a lot of people might gauge IR. He has acheived so much and continuing to do so. So a statement like "Please dont mention ARR's name with IR" doesnt hold much substance.

Its funny to see people pouncing on the mention of popularity... Guys... we have numbers on our side and we flaunt it whenever we can.. whats wrong with it? I didnt say that ARR is better coz he is more popular than IR. Did you hear any ARR fan saying that he likes ARR only because he is popular? :huh: We are just stating a fact, not deriving an inference out of it, yet so much of noise is made everytime we do so. There is only one reason and its scientific name is "abdomenum burnosys" :lol2:

Naan theriyama thaan ketkren.. "ARR is popular" nu solradhu abathama illa chance kedaikkum podhelam ARR a belittle panradhu abathama? :huh: En indha one sided support? :huh:

thamizhvaanan
10-25-2008, 06:52 AM
Speaking of "flaunting of numbers" IR fans do bring up the stats of number of songs composed by IR every month. Do we bring up the issue of quality? :huh: Accept it and move on. adha vittu shakila urmila nu compare panradhu... :x

viraajan
10-25-2008, 08:42 AM

where is the contradiction??? IR is pretty much local and survives on tamil film music........but that doesent make him a bad MD and i never said so.....he is a genius par excellence which i have accepted so many times............obviously when there are bad things told by u guys abt ARR, i have to coin terms like "local IR" to negotiate it..........

Thats the word which bothered me... Thats not the right word you can use to describe IR...

This is what your post was in "Saroja" thread... Not verbatim!!

"Its Local IR and his sons who survive on films' success..."

//Seri vidunga maddy.... I know who started this in Saroja topic. Nobody bashed up ARR in that topic... :)

mahen01
10-25-2008, 09:44 AM
I live in Sydney. Egan is released. But there is an sms circulating that Ajith and Arjun made a statement "That they dont care about the conflict in Eelam and killing of Tamils". And so many Eelam Tamils returned their tickets back. Im not going to the movie till I varify the information. Hope its just a roumer. If its true.. collections are going to be average for Ayngaran Internationals.

crajkumar_be
10-25-2008, 10:09 AM
TV,

Bala,
you have mistaken me. When did I indulge in one-upmanship?

TV,
No, I didn't mean specifically you. I used it in a general context - meaning, when we deal in one-upmanship (i'm no exception) or maybe thats not the right expression. NOM

MADDY
10-25-2008, 11:36 AM
Thats the word which bothered me... Thats not the right word you can use to describe IR...

This is what your post was in "Saroja" thread... Not verbatim!!

"Its Local IR and his sons who survive on films' success..."

//Seri vidunga maddy.... I know who started this in Saroja topic. Nobody bashed up ARR in that topic... :)

so?? is thundu and stuff rite adjectives for ARR?? have u ever questioned it??? y asking me now? even now look at the language IR-family fans use ex: the blog link provided by K......it stresses the fact that IR-family fans lack basic decency to speak in public forums or blogs...........

and all i can say is, hub didnt start with that saroja thread, these fights have a 10 yr history where once HUB server crashed because of excess posts reg IR-ARR fights :lol: .......so what u r seeing now is just a small piece of "peaceful" times

viraajan
10-25-2008, 12:16 PM
Maddy,

Yes. I've questioned ppl who spk against ARR. I'm very much sure that I dont use any such word to describe ARR. In fact, few months ago, when a person (i dont want to mention his name), in this Yuvan's topic bashed up ARR using harsh words, I was one who put DIG by saying, "Please do not use such words and bash up the ARR here. ARR is a legend". I'm not against ARR!

Even now I'm saying, to me both IR and ARR are legends! It's my personal opinion that I keep IR in 1st position followed by ARR. No one can question!

MADDY
10-25-2008, 12:48 PM
Maddy,

Yes. I've questioned ppl who spk against ARR. I'm very much sure that I dont use any such word to describe ARR. In fact, few months ago, when a person (i dont want to mention his name), in this Yuvan's topic bashed up ARR using harsh words, I was one who put DIG by saying, "Please do not use such words and bash up the ARR here. ARR is a legend". I'm not against ARR!

why did u laugh for a yucky/indecent shakeela/mohanlal comparison against ARR.....it means u r acknowledging that filthy comparison.....though we like someone from other camp, sometimes we have to post/react the way we do in HUB.....hope u understand

see vinith, i know u and vasanth2006 - the respect u guys have for ARR..... :) .......

K
10-25-2008, 12:58 PM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-reviews/reviews-2/aegan-review.html 1.5 for AEGAN

K
10-25-2008, 01:03 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14784482&ctid=5&cid=2429

karthik_sa2
10-25-2008, 08:09 PM
ppl say aegan is only average..judge u were cent percent right on RS....however hey sala ,odum varayil song rocks in theatre...intro music'um semma gethhamaam...yuvan is getting praised in almost all the reviews....

karthik_sa2
10-25-2008, 08:17 PM
The music of Yuvan is ok, thanks to the picturisation of Raju Sundaram

haha....typical sify...

xml
10-26-2008, 02:10 AM
By seeing the above posts I clearly understand YSR rules TFM and he much bothers all.

Those who disagree please open a new thread to post aginst YSR. Just see what response you get there.

In fact we don't have time to actively participate in the forums. Very busy with listerning new YSR albums.

Aegan will be No.1 album among the Divali release.
Silambattam is bet albums.

viraajan
10-26-2008, 07:59 AM
Maddy,

why did u laugh for a yucky/indecent shakeela/mohanlal comparison against ARR.....it means u r acknowledging that filthy comparison.....though we like someone from other camp, sometimes we have to post/react the way we do in HUB.....hope u understand

see vinith, i know u and vasanth2006 - the respect u guys have for ARR..... :) .......

Look at the post of Thamizh. Does it make any sense? North-la pona IR, ARR-ku equala-nu ketpangalam... So ARR is better than IR-aam! What naansenss :evil:

The comparison whic Viv posted evoked laughter... Of course, TV's post needs that kinda response... It doesn't mean that i'm laughing coz ARR is compared with Shakeela! That comparison is only for Popularity and Quality not for ARR and IR. :) :)

viraajan
10-26-2008, 08:01 AM
ppl say aegan is only average..judge u were cent percent right on RS....however hey sala ,odum varayil song rocks in theatre...intro music'um semma gethhamaam...yuvan is getting praised in almost all the reviews....

I was skeptical about RS... :evil:

Average? :(

Will it be commercially successful? :roll:

littlemaster1982
10-26-2008, 01:50 PM
Look at the post of Thamizh. Does it make any sense? North-la pona IR, ARR-ku equala-nu ketpangalam... So ARR is better than IR-aam! What naansenss :evil:

Did you read the post (I have quoted below) by Thamizh or not? You just didn't follow the argument and now dragging this unnecessarily.

Hey! Relax bro.... Actually you are talking out of context. I am not that foolish to claim that ARR is better than IR... chillara pasanga arguement!

What I did claim is that, people who still think ARR doesnt deserve to be spoken of in the same league as IR belong deserve a 100% quota in Dinasaur age. Its been ages since ARR has acheived greatness, reached out to a wider population, explored greater depths of music, scintillated and reached out to a lot more souls.

viraajan
10-26-2008, 02:06 PM
LM, don't come to a conclusion just by sayin that I'm dragging it unnecissarily.... It's not my wish to drag the topic... In fact I tried to stop this on 8th page itself, but in vain.... :huh:

"Ilayaraja? Who?"

This is what he said first for which Vivasayi replied, which i acknowledged!

littlemaster1982
10-26-2008, 02:44 PM
The post I've quoted came after this. Thamizh has explained clearly, but still you want to justify Vivasaayi's post and your reaction to it. Well, if that makes you happy...

thamizhvaanan
10-26-2008, 04:26 PM

I am not that foolish to claim that ARR is better than IR... chillara pasanga arguement!
Do you guys suffer from Selective Blindness or what :banghead:

Umpteenth time I have to repeat that I never said ARR is better than IR. That would be treading into the territory of personal opinions whereas what I am concerned with, are irrefutable facts. And that irrefutable fact is that ARR is a benchmark of his own, a benchmark with which IF ilayaraja is compared, it will be a proud thing for IR in its own right... ARR IS NO WAY INFERIOR TO IR... period .. :cool:

viraajan
10-26-2008, 06:21 PM
Unmaiya sonna Justification-a? :huh:

I've told you why i acknowldged Viv's post earlier in this discussion!!! Thamizh explained it... Thats different... But I've told the reason for my reacion very clearly... (Idhayum justification-nu solladheenga)!!!

Thamizh,

Selective blindness?? For me??? :lol:
The same answer applies to you... Its your post on ARR's popularity and Viv's reaction that evoked laughter!!! Later, you have posted this... Did i say no to it??
I wanted to acknowledge Viv's post... Adhu criminal kuthama? Illa, does it mean that am against ARR??? Yenga ippadi...

Seri, ithoda niruthikkuvom... :) Lets forget about it!!!

Lets discuss about YSR!!! :)

viraajan
10-26-2008, 06:34 PM
Hey guys,

Yuvan's interview on Isaiaruvi TV at 6PM on Diwali... Dont miss it... :) :)

kham
10-27-2008, 04:05 AM
No one has said YSR is equal to Rahman, Shankar is equl to SIMBHU, :roll: However, what i meant was, that I'm ALWAYS looking forward to Shankar-Rahman combo. And, now, I'm having the same feeling with YSR-SImbhu combo. Movies like Manmadhan, Vallavan, was brilliant. Different, screenplay, and different scores. Even Kettavan, sample song made me feel in heaven. Though, we can't compare Silambaattam with Manmadhan, Vallavan, as it's not his own production, it's still making me feel, yahoooooooooooooooooooo inside :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

kham
10-27-2008, 04:07 AM

ya Judge v too enjoy ur comics :lol: :lol: :lol:

kham
10-27-2008, 04:12 AM

Thamizh,

The only thing which bothered me is

To mention IR's name along with ARR is a proud thing for IR

Thats it!!!

Lets put a period and continue with YSR discussions!

Dude, even v dont want to compare IR with ARR coz ARR hav achieved so much more than IR

kham
10-27-2008, 04:13 AM

Summa udhaar'uku udharanam vida koodadhu... konjamachum udharanathula stuff irukkanum.. vivasaayi vevasthayoda thaan pesuneero!

:thumbsup: Nethi Adi

kham
10-27-2008, 04:19 AM

Well said MADDY... I cant stop laughing... :lol:

kham
10-27-2008, 04:23 AM
Maddy,

The comparison whic Viv posted evoked laughter... Of course, TV's post needs that kinda response... It doesn't mean that i'm laughing coz ARR is compared with Shakeela! That comparison is only for Popularity and Quality not for ARR and IR. :) :)

Dude, its obvious... Coz Northies Know N Like ARR more than IR...

Y do u tink Aamir, Subash Ghai, Ashuthosh, Mehra spend months in Chennai????

crajkumar_be
10-27-2008, 08:47 AM
Maddy,
"kids" tholla thaanga mudiyalennu annaikke sonnen, othukkareengala? :razz:

rashid2raj
10-27-2008, 07:02 PM

Nee enna periya ivar'aah, sirikkerathekku? Kham kham. I just told my opinion ! Podaaang ! :lol:

kham
10-28-2008, 03:03 AM

Nee enna periya ivar'aah, sirikkerathekku? Kham kham. I just told my opinion ! Podaaang ! :lol:

ha ha... i just saw dat highlighted part whr YSR-Simbhu combo hav been compared too... Sirippu thannala vanthicchi... :lol: :lol: :lol:

MADDY
10-28-2008, 05:58 AM
Maddy,
"kids" tholla thaanga mudiyalennu annaikke sonnen, othukkareengala? :razz:

//adhula paarunga, enakku irukkura perundhanma, en pasangalakku illa :lol: //

//disgr//guys, time and again, its been requested not to bring ARR's name here.......however healthy is your intention, it turns out to be a big mudslinging competition and unneccessary and harsh words are told abt genuises whom we respect.......please refrain from using ARR's name here.......//end disgr//

rashid2raj
10-28-2008, 03:13 PM

ha ha... i just saw dat highlighted part whr YSR-Simbhu combo hav been compared too... Sirippu thannala vanthicchi... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aha! It just shows that you're unable to read properly. What i said was that, I and nobody else, but, I, got that feeling when watching Simbhu-YSR movies. I never compared their abilities with each other.

Try this website: www.learntoreadfree.com - A free website to teach children to read! :wink:

kham
10-29-2008, 03:38 AM

Aha! It just shows that you're unable to read properly. What i said was that, I and nobody else, but, I, got that feeling when watching Simbhu-YSR movies. I never compared their abilities with each other.

Try this website: www.learntoreadfree.com - A free website to teach children to read! :wink:

He he dude... first u shud seriously learn or understand english m8... Coz i din laugh for comparing, but i laughed for ur opinion... Seriously when i tink abt ur feeling of dat combo i cant stop laughing :lol:

vasanth2006
10-29-2008, 07:13 AM
Yuvan gave interviews for the following channels for diwali...

Isaiyaruvi
Jaya
Imayam
Raj
Mega
SUN (brief interview for silambattam)......

Simbu told that he wanted a song for silambattam within 4 days....Yuvan refused... thats why simbu suggested that to remix the "Vechikkava" song...

It seems Simbu gave very less time to yuvan for silambattam.....And the scenario forced to do the remix..... :)

vasanth2006
10-29-2008, 07:16 AM

I was skeptical about RS... :evil:

Average? :(

Will it be commercially successful? :roll:

I am happy that songs are choreographed well.....

What is the BO status of this movie?

vasanth2006
10-29-2008, 07:24 AM

Yes, the pallavi is a bit of disappointment but konnuputta part is just too good. I like the charanams but lyrics for this number is very very average. :| mAnE, thEnE words :evil:

Its a clever rehash......just check "kalai mudhal malai varai" phrase from loosu penne song..... :)

viraajan
10-29-2008, 09:06 AM
:exactly: Vasanth. What you said is right.

But, Machan song is the best.... I loved its orchestration.. Yuvan's maturity sparkles... especially in the second interlude... IR - :bow:

viraajan
10-29-2008, 09:09 AM
Yuvan gave interviews for the following channels for diwali...

Isaiyaruvi
Jaya
Imayam
Raj
Mega
SUN (brief interview for silambattam)......

Simbu told that he wanted a song for silambattam within 4 days....Yuvan refused... thats why simbu suggested that to remix the "Vechikkava" song...

It seems Simbu gave very less time to yuvan for silambattam.....And the scenario forced to do the remix..... :)

Yes. I watched it. However, i'm not ready to accept it. Coz, Yuvan composed all the songs of Saroja in just two days. No remix was done. Cant he do the same here. Simbu would have requested that remix. Time-illangaradhu ellam, chumma :wink:

anyways, this is just my guess... :) :)

sgmsin
10-29-2008, 09:31 AM
Malika Ilove you song from aegan played in isai aruvi channel frequesntly and songs seems to so impressive.

rashid2raj
10-29-2008, 10:03 AM

He he dude... first u shud seriously learn or understand english m8... Coz i din laugh for comparing, but i laughed for ur opinion... Seriously when i tink abt ur feeling of dat combo i cant stop laughing :lol:

Then it's funny, you used the word "compared" ... & when i think of your ability of understanding, i can't stop laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try this then: BYBERRY MENTAL HOSPITAL (http://home.comcast.net/~guitarsavior4/) Best of luck ! :wink:

nanchil_guy
10-29-2008, 11:00 AM
msn says the movie Aegan is crowd puller among the Diwali releases. Even though Yuvan did less no of movies this year so far, almost all of 'em are hits ( this time commercially too !!!).

viraajan
10-29-2008, 11:05 AM
msn says the movie Aegan is crowd puller among the Diwali releases. Even though Yuvan did less no of movies this year so far, almost all of 'em are hits ( this time commercially too !!!).

YNM, Saroja and now Aegan :thumbsup: - Commercially success!!!

Vazhthugal was the only flop..sorry... utter flop :lol:

kham
10-29-2008, 11:06 AM

Then it's funny, you used the word "compared" ... & when i think of your ability of understanding, i can't stop laughing :lol: :lol: :lol:

Try this then: BYBERRY MENTAL HOSPITAL (http://home.comcast.net/~guitarsavior4/) Best of luck ! :wink:

u hav visited loadsa places like dis ha??? good good...

So dont u hav da same feeling towards s.a.chandrasekar - vijay anthony movie??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

MrJudge
10-29-2008, 12:57 PM
Simbu would have requested that remix. Time-illangaradhu ellam, chumma :wink:

anyways, this is just my guess... :) :)

Simbu remix kettrukkalAm but not a remake. None is changed in this version, I think time is the problem. If not, they would've added atleast some rap bits to it. So I accept Simbu's words :)

rashid2raj
10-29-2008, 02:25 PM

u hav visited loadsa places like dis ha??? good good...

So dont u hav da same feeling towards s.a.chandrasekar - vijay anthony movie??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

No, haven't visited these places, but don't worry, i'll see if i have time for visiting you at Byberry Mental hospital. Which room, you're in? I feel sorry for you. I think, what you're trying to say is, that you admire s.a.chandrasekar - vijay anthony movies, but don't have the balls to realize the fact. Poor Kham :roll:

viraajan
10-29-2008, 02:42 PM
Yuvan's exclusive interview in today's TIO, Chennai edition...
Epaper not found...

Here is an excerpt of it :)

I believe my brother KR is more talented than me. The only grudge is that he did not get a proper break. Otherwise he would have maed a mark in the industry.

Switching from one movie to another is quite a challenge. I found it difficult earlier, but now I have got used to it. Once a movie is completed, I never listen to the songs again. This way I can bring novelty to my songs.

When I work with young directors, I get innovative ideas. I gave a different composition to Tamil MA but unfortunately, the songs did not do well.

// I completely agree with this point :( At first that KR is not talented... But later, i realised that he is more talented. his orchestrational ability - :thumbsup:

Dad is very fast and can complete a song in 15 minutes. I am now following his footsteps.

When questioned about Premji's assistance and his future, yuvan replies "Yes. Premji was assisting me. He is shaping up well and I wish him good lucj".

I am working on a hindi movie starring Govinda. The director had liked my song "Arabu naade" and has asked me to redo it in Hindi. In Tamil, my hands are full with projects like Vettaikaran, Sarvam, 16, Goa, Muthirai, Maa and KEttavan.

popeye11
10-29-2008, 03:04 PM
Yuvan's exclusive interview in today's TIO,
I am working on a hindi movie starring Govinda. The director had liked my song "Arabu naade" and has asked me to redo it in Hindi. In Tamil, my hands are full with projects like Vettaikaran, :shock: Sarvam, 16, Goa, Muthirai, Maa and KEttavan.

Looking forward to howz he gonna do to aVijay Starrer after the Puthiya Geethai disaster - Hope he comes out with a blockbuster in the likes of Billa

Mahen
10-30-2008, 02:38 AM
Here vira...Taken from film section
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOI&BaseHref=TOICH%2F2008%2F10%2F29&ViewMode=GIF&GZ=T&PageLabel=21&EntityId=Ar02100&AppName=1

MrJudge
10-30-2008, 05:06 AM
vEttaikkAran by Yuvan?? who is the director of that film?

MrJudge
10-30-2008, 07:50 AM
[tscii:3f1c9ab5b7]"Vijay is currently busy with Prabhu Deva’s Villu which will be
wrapped up soon. After this his next project would be Vettaikaran for A V M
films to be directed by Babu Sivan, a former associate of Dharani."[/tscii:3f1c9ab5b7]

viraajan
10-30-2008, 09:24 AM
Here vira...Taken from film section
http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Default/Scripting/ArticleWin.asp?From=Archive&Source=Page&Skin=TOI&BaseHref=TOICH%2F2008%2F10%2F29&ViewMode=GIF&GZ=T&PageLabel=21&EntityId=Ar02100&AppName=1

:exactly: and :ty:

vasanth2006
10-30-2008, 12:31 PM
Dream : To compose tunes for Will Smith..... :D

vasanth2006
10-30-2008, 12:32 PM
I am working on a hindi movie starring Govinda. The director had liked my song "Arabu naade" and has asked me to redo it in Hindi.

There was one news about sunny deol movie.... I think that movie is dropped....

Anybody knows details about this Hindi movie?

itsmuls
10-31-2008, 07:53 AM
yuvan planns for justin timberlake
guys yuvan has planned to pull in JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE for his SONY ALBUM(named
THE WORLD)he is working out for it and isn't very confident abt it
fingers crossed!!

he says he is surely gona feature an international artist in the album!!!!

Source : Orkut Yuvan Community

krish244
10-31-2008, 08:36 AM
Just listened to Silambaattam songs. I liked machaan machaan and where is the party songs. Machaan is a typical yuvan melody and IR has sung it nicely (though a little strained sometimes). Bele Shende's has a sweet voice (so similar to Shreya) and sings nice too (need to improve pronounciation though). An alternative to Shreya. Bad its only one stanza.

"Where is the party" is fun for its lyrics and the way Mukesh sings it.

thanks,

Krishnan

viraajan
10-31-2008, 12:14 PM
Yuvan's Interview in AV today :boo:

Questions about his new incarnation as Producer :)

Few points:

He has acted in a video album (hindi) for sony. That has come out really well he added.

Reunion with Selva is in God's hands. (He has not stated that he'll not join hands. So chances are there :D :D ) (News on another page: Selva to join hands with ARR for his next movie.)

MrJudge
11-03-2008, 07:03 AM
fingers crossed!!

I hope he gets some international artiste on board and flies high! appuram oruththanum international fame paththi vAi thorokka koodAthu :)

MrJudge
11-03-2008, 07:23 AM
silambattam songs are on the loop now.....

"where is the party" is the first techno-kuthu in tamil. Yuvan :thumbsup:

kham
11-03-2008, 07:26 AM
fingers crossed!!

I hope he gets some international artiste on board and flies high! appuram oruththanum international fame paththi vAi thorokka koodAthu :)

Muthalla ellam supama nadakkattum... recently namma pritam thambi kooda snoopdogg kooda collaborate panninaru... its all nothing these days pa...

vigneshram
11-03-2008, 08:26 AM
I'd been staying away from "Silambaattam" album coz of all the negative reviews in the hub.
After a couple of hearings, I love the songs.

We people didnt complain when Versatility-personified Raja churned out pucca dappankuthu songs that made front benchers to shake their legs and at the same time, composed carnatic based eternal classics, lapped up by music connoisseurs. I don't understand why people here discuss about quality and all in Yuvan's music. Do you want him to be join the league of HJ and SAR?

While Kattradhu tamizh album proved his mettle in matured composition as required by the script, such mass albums have wider reach and will definitely take him to the masses.

sibicalls
11-03-2008, 09:21 AM
fingers crossed!!

Namma poi yaaravathu ennoda vela paaka vaanganu solrathu oru Variety... There is another variety who is automatic choice and people come looking for him to Chennai.. 8-) Danny Boyle, Andrew Lloyd, Lord of the Rings wanted to work with one person..Same goes withTamil directors Gautham, Selvargavan etc.. I think its self explaining

Tamilan
11-03-2008, 12:32 PM
I like Nalamthana and guess it will be bigger hit than other songs

ayyo ayyo aatha murachu murachu paatha :lol:

vigneshram
11-04-2008, 02:23 PM
But for the cheap lyrics by GA, I love "Nalamdhaanaa". Its a sure shot hit.

Kumarappa
11-04-2008, 03:34 PM
One more for Yuvan:

Gautham Menon had decided on the name Surangani for his next film with Ajith, if sources are to be believed. However, the name seems to be already registered by Miracle Films. Surangani is expected to go on the floors some time soon. Suresh, a debutante, will wield the megaphone in addition to donning the grease paint for the lead role Surangani .

will have two heroines – Meenatchi and Padmapriya in the lead roles. Yuvan Shankar Raja will score the music for the film. It is said that Surangani will be a big budget film.

Source: http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/nov-08-01/ajith-04-11-08.html

MrJudge
11-05-2008, 04:09 AM
Namma poi yaaravathu ennoda vela paaka vaanganu solrathu oru Variety... There is another variety who is automatic choice and people come looking for him to Chennai.. 8-) Danny Boyle, Andrew Lloyd, Lord of the Rings wanted to work with one person..Same goes withTamil directors Gautham, Selvargavan etc.. I think its self explaining

At first, I didn't want to respond to your message, but..... if you have forgotten, go read somewhere how he got opportunities to do his Vande madaram for Sony and Bombay dreams for AL and also how keen he was to bring in nusrat ali fateh khan for his BD album. Because nusrat ali fateh khan is internationally known figure in the west. I don't think nusrat ali fateh khan was running to him chennai voluntarily... :lol2:

Yuvan is just 29 years old, it doesn't matter if someone comes here or he goes somewhere, he will achieve more fame than any tamil mds pretty soon. Just watch!

kham
11-05-2008, 04:50 AM

At first, I didn't want to respond to your message, but..... if you have forgotten, go read somewhere how he got opportunities to do his Vande madaram for Sony and Bombay dreams for AL and also how keen he was to bring in nusrat ali fateh khan for his BD album. Because nusrat ali fateh khan is internationally known figure in the west. I don't think nusrat ali fateh khan was running to him chennai voluntarily... :lol2:

Yuvan is just 29 years old, it doesn't matter if someone comes here or he goes somewhere, he will achieve more fame than any tamil mds pretty soon. Just watch!

Ha ha ha... Ur comment just makes me laugh... 10 years in music, not even recognized nationally and he will win more fame than any other MD... ha ha ha ... first he hav to try n win over HJ i guess...

Everyone know how n why Nusrath Fateh ALi Khan was included in Vande Mataram as it was a dream to work with his guru / inspiration.. I din know Justin was Yuvan's inspiration :lol: ... ha ha, how he got chances for Bombay Dreams / Slumdog Millionire n da rest... u can check enough n more interview of these directors in youtube n educate urself...

MADDY
11-05-2008, 05:47 AM

Bharat Bala and ARR are long time associates hence vande mataram :huh:

Shekhar Kapur introduced ARR to ALW hence Bombay dreams :huh:

ARR respects MSV also to the hilt and considers him music GOD, is it bcos of MSV's international popularity?? EKJI, ARR respects Nursat Fateh ali khan......and he died much before the idea of bombay dreams album came about......nursat was never considered/considerable :( for BD

MrJudge
11-05-2008, 03:16 PM
MADDY,

That was a typo, not for BD but for VM.

My point is nothing came to him, either he/his friends went out/bagged opportunities for his initial projects. sibicalls solRa mAthiri chennai-kku ellAm athuvA vaRla, I just wanted to point out the fact, that's all.

I didn't question about guru/inspiration.

baba88
11-05-2008, 05:25 PM
fingers crossed!!

Just remember my words ! I am pretty sure that YSR is gonna feature none else than M.I.A. with whom ARR has already worked. No other international stars.

thamizhvaanan
11-06-2008, 01:52 AM
MADDY,

That was a typo, not for BD but for VM.

My point is nothing came to him, either he/his friends went out/bagged opportunities for his initial projects. sibicalls solRa mAthiri chennai-kku ellAm athuvA vaRla, I just wanted to point out the fact, that's all.

I didn't question about guru/inspiration.

WOHE :huh:

LOTR :huh:

slumdog millionaire :huh:

viraajan
11-06-2008, 10:11 AM
Sarvam nearing completion :cool:

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/42806.html

viraajan
11-07-2008, 03:21 AM
Selvah's next venture starts rolling today it seems...

"Idhu Maalai Nerathu Mayakkam" starring dhanush...

Music by GVP.

Reunion isn't possible it seems.... :(

MrJudge
11-07-2008, 04:13 AM

Music by GVP.

home production-A? I think both are going in different directions.... only future will tell us if reunion is possible.

viraajan
11-07-2008, 05:24 AM

Music by GVP.

home production-A? I think both are going in different directions.... only future will tell us if reunion is possible.

Yes. R.K Productions....

I think reunion is not possible... going by yuvan's words in recent interview, i assume that he is interested in reunion... but its selvah who is stubborn... anyways... lets wait...

viraajan
11-08-2008, 08:14 AM
Yuvan in an interviewm about his private album.

A bilingual (Hindi and Tamil), my album is aimed at youngsters. It will have songs in different styles. In fact, I plan to compose a song like the one my father did for Mumbai Express. It will have no background music. My album will have a story interspersed with songs.

Source: Hindu.

MrJudge
11-12-2008, 06:37 AM
Yuvan in an interviewm about his private album.

A bilingual (Hindi and Tamil), my album is aimed at youngsters. It will have songs in different styles. In fact, I plan to compose a song like the one my father did for Mumbai Express. It will have no background music. My album will have a story interspersed with songs.

Source: Hindu.

innum composing mudiyalayA?? It is under production for more than a year now.

Tamilan
11-12-2008, 06:52 AM
Yuvan is fading.....?

U1 is slowly loosig his place indeed. His Aegan songs are *@#&(@) and Silambattam songs are "Orey kuttaiyula urina mattai"type. There is no even a haunting melody this year.

His recent songs are not good if not bad. On the other hand his opponent HJ is fastly moving up with the help of very good melodies and scintilatting packaging and presentation.

Will yuvan back to form?

The answer will be yes if he concentrate on end product of a song whatever input he get for that particular song.

MumbaiRamki
11-12-2008, 07:34 AM
Except for vaarnam Aayiram , i don't think Hj has ben any good. Satyam was very average ( but not bad) .

But yes , yuvan is not in great form - but the movies demanded such music !

lets wait for sarvam , then !

viraajan
11-12-2008, 07:46 AM
HJ is not in great form. His DD and Sathyam were average, the latter below average except for one number. DD had good songs but now unique number.
Only exception is VA where HJ is on the roll. A typical HJ album.
For yuvan, yes i agree that this year is not a great year for two reasons.
1. He reduced the no of movies which put we, yuvan fans in yearning for his albums.
2. The type of movies he accepted this year.
Vazhthugal - no comment.
YNM - Nothing new as it was a remake. But a good album for me.
Saroja - youthful story. thriller. No love song/duets. So no chance of composing a haunting number for this movie.
Aegan/Silambattam - Masala movies. So haunting numbers-ku chancey illa..

This year he has not done any offbeat movies or love stories (like KT, Deepawali) which is the main reason, IMO.

Looking forward to Yogi, SMS, KPKP and Sarvam :D

k_vanan
11-12-2008, 07:59 AM
HJ is not in great form. His DD and Sathyam were average, the latter below average except for one number. DD had good songs but now unique number.
1. He reduced the no of movies which put we, yuvan fans in yearning for his albums.
Vazhthugal - no comment.
Saroja - youthful story. thriller. No love song/duets. So no chance of composing a haunting number for this movie.

This year he has not done any offbeat movies or love stories (like KT, Deepawali) which is the main reason, IMO.

Silambattam IMO is best for todays youth for enjoying. foot tapping songs for malasa movie.

SMS & KPKP sure have melodies :thumbsup:

viraajan
11-12-2008, 08:12 AM
Vazhthugal - no comment.

Silambattam IMO is best for todays youth for enjoying. foot tapping songs for malasa movie.

SMS & KPKP sure have melodies :thumbsup:

Am not an avid fan of masala songs. Hence that was just my personal opinion. :D

Betw, Where is the party is the most played song in my brother's mob. Sure shot winner as karthik said. I'm not listening :lol:

vasanth2006
11-12-2008, 01:09 PM
There is no even a haunting melody this year.

I think you haven't heared Vazhthukkal and YNM songs....Vazhthukkal is another deepavali for me.....Two lovely albums....

But yes , yuvan is not in great form - but the movies demanded such music !

This is what the real scenario is.....(Raju Sundaram dance numbersum simbhu pure commercial songs ketkumpothu haunting melodya poda mudiyum).....

But however Aegan has "ohh baby" and silambattam has "machan machan".....

HJ is not in great form.

I disagree....HJ has produced some haunting melodies this year.....But at the same time Yuvan keeps the pace with variety....

I am looking forward to the bolded..... :)

MrJudge
11-12-2008, 03:31 PM
I haven't listened to VA yet. But from the promos, same songs from HJ, no variety. Anyway I don't mind HJ doing good. Yuvan needs someone like Selva urgently to get the best from him.

I don't think Yuvan is fading, I like silambAttam songs, they are good for a masala movie. I have big hopes for sarvam and yOgi.

viraajan
11-12-2008, 04:14 PM
//dig

Haven't listened to VA??? :shock:

Judge, VA has good variety. Melody, dance number and one ghana like song... IMHO, this is the best album of this year :) This one sure is a complete album. No second thought. Do listen to it :)

//

The reason why i feel yuvna's graph is lying low is his last three releases were not great movies to get the best out of yuvan. Out of three releases, two were masala movies. what else can we expect. So its high time that he delivers good songs in Yogi (an offbeat movie)... and peppy songs in Sarvam which would surely make us happy :)

MrJudge
11-13-2008, 05:47 AM
viraajan,

Yes, haven't listened to it yet. But I don't find them extra ordinary from the promos, all of his songs this year sound same to me, so don't have very much enthu to listen to them. May be after watching the movie, I will give them a try.

viraajan
11-13-2008, 06:23 AM
I disagree....HJ has produced some haunting melodies this year.....But at the same time Yuvan keeps the pace with variety....

Yeah Vasanth. I knew some of you may not agree with this point. :D

But what i feel Only anbe en anbe was a haunting number. rest of DD album were his regular, monotonous works :huh: But in VA, he is in full form :D

//end :D

vasanth2006
11-13-2008, 01:15 PM
all of his songs this year sound same to me,

This is the point....Exactly i felt the same.....When i heared the PKMC songs, i got confused with UU songs.... Now recently when i heared the melodies of sathyam, i got confused with DD's melodies....Neverthless his melodies are mind blowing.....VA is HJ's best.....

rajaalltheway
11-13-2008, 03:47 PM
VA is typical HJ album,songs sounding very similiar,may linger in mind for a weeks then vanish.One song is very close to George Micheals FAITH,especially the guitar bits.AEGAN snd Silambattam got what they deserved musically..when something as good as PARUTHIVEERAN comes up u can expect equally good music too..simple

rajaalltheway
11-13-2008, 03:52 PM
Yuvan is fading.....?

U1 is slowly loosig his place indeed. His Aegan songs are *@#&(@) and Silambattam songs are "Orey kuttaiyula urina mattai"type. There is no even a haunting melody this year.

His recent songs are not good if not bad. On the other hand his opponent HJ is fastly moving up with the help of very good melodies and scintilatting packaging and presentation.

Will yuvan back to form?

The answer will be yes if he concentrate on end product of a song whatever input he get for that particular song.
How many hits are mandatory inorder to be considered 'in form'.Saroja this year i believe was pretty big,give Yuvan a break guys.

MrJudge
11-14-2008, 06:25 AM
Venkat Prabhu tries to sign a top hero
November 13, 2008

The Ocher Films and Warner Bros will produce their first ever Tamil film together, titled Goa. The movie will be directed by the latest golden boy of Kollywood, Venkat Prabhu. Speaking to the media about the film, Venkat said that the three actors signed up for Goa are: Jai, Vaibhav and Premji. He added that talks are on with a top actor but refused to disclose more details. Venkat is also set on roping in two well established heroines for Goa. Other than this, the director plans to go on a trip to Hollywood to sign up some actors. These actors will be trained to suit the needs of Tamil cinema, he said.

Interestingly, Goa will have a rendition by Ilayaraja and this was confirmed by the director himself. Yuvan Shankar Raja will score the music and Shakthi Saravanan will wield the camera. The director said that it will be a witty flick without any traces of Chennai 28 and Saroja.

viraajan
11-14-2008, 09:38 AM
Interestingly, Goa will have a rendition by Ilayaraja and this was confirmed by the director himself.

:boo: :thumbsup:

MrJudge
11-14-2008, 10:07 AM
Interestingly, Goa will have a rendition by Ilayaraja and this was confirmed by the director himself.

Do you like machchAn song from silambAttam?

viraajan
11-14-2008, 10:09 AM

Do you like machchAn song from silambAttam?

:bow:

Excellent orchestration. IR in fine form in singing... :thumbsup:

MrJudge
11-14-2008, 10:17 AM
:bow:

Excellent orchestration. IR in fine form in singing... :thumbsup:

Yes, Yuvan-IR combo always rocks.

viraajan
11-14-2008, 01:26 PM
http://www.starajith.com/media_display.php?id=880

Vishnu - Harris for Ajith's new movie :huh:

baba88
11-14-2008, 01:46 PM
seems like the young directors are following the trend started by shanker by changing the Music Director.

MrJudge
11-15-2008, 04:15 AM

another divorce-A?? thAnga mudiyala :cry:

kham
11-15-2008, 04:42 AM

I dont tink Vishnu wud agree for dis... Coz Yuvan hav done full justice to Vishu's movies n they share a good work relationship..

Lets wait n c...

viraajan
11-15-2008, 05:08 AM
I do believe in Vishnu. Vishnu would not give Yuvan up that easily. :D

Anyways lets wait for official announcement :D

MrJudge
11-15-2008, 06:25 AM
'Silambattam' to hit screens on December 12
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, November 15, 2008]

Silambarasan's 'Silambattam' will hit the screens this December. The movie is highly anticipated by Simbu's fans and the good news for them is that the film has been completed and ready to hit the screens.

Starring Simbhu, newcomer Sana Khan and Sneha in pivotal roles, the movie is directed by debutant Saravanan and produced by Lakshmi Movie Makers.

Featuring Simbu as a Brahmin priest, who becomes an angry young man due to various incidents the movie has reportedly come good. Expectations are that it would open big.

Songs by Yuvanshankar are topping the charts already. The remix number 'Vachukava' is a craze among youth. Says Simbhu, 'the movie has enough elements to woo the masses. The story has many unexpected twists and is sure to click'.