PDA

View Full Version : YSR News, Stories, Tit-Bits and Anecdotes

rajasaranam
02-01-2008, 12:11 PM
There has to be thread for this :)

here is the first post.
Yuvan attended the Audio Release function of soon to be released movie "Kangalum kavi Paduthey" composed by IR. Here are the snapshots
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/kangalum_aula310108/310374.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/kangalum_aula310108/310375.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/kangalum_aula310108/310377.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/kangalum_aula310108/310378.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/kangalum_aula310108/310379.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/kangalum_aula310108/310380.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/kangalum_aula310108/310383.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/kangalum_aula310108/310385.html
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/kangalum_aula310108/310387.html

Please leave the album section to discuss only on albums.

selvakumar
02-01-2008, 12:20 PM
Let me post in this before it gets locked :P

selvakumar
02-01-2008, 12:21 PM
RS,
You inspire a lot of *YSR fans* to join the league of "IR family fans or atleast IR + YSR fans*. Unga kitta konjam jaakkirathayaa irukkanum pola :P :wink:

rajasaranam
02-01-2008, 01:05 PM
RS,
You inspire a lot of *YSR fans* to join the league of "IR family fans or atleast IR + YSR fans*. Unga kitta konjam jaakkirathayaa irukkanum pola :P :wink:

I dont become of fan of someone very easily! I have my own reservations about YSR and his music but Still i believe he will be the one to take TF Background score to the next level after IR, that is why Iam partial towards him :) and moreover from IR family he is the only one left to hope, after the disastrous projects that is happening to KR. The other one i expect to shine in TF movies from IR family is 'Venkat Prabhu' :)
There is famous dialogue of Sathyaraj from 'Naan Sigappu manithan' - 'Namellam orey kudumbamnnu aayitta apraam ithellam paakalaama' :lol:

selvakumar
02-04-2008, 02:11 AM
I dont become of fan of someone very easily! I have my own reservations about YSR and his music but Still i believe he will be the one to take TF Background score to the next level after IR, that is why Iam partial towards him :) and moreover from IR family he is the only one left to hope, after the disastrous projects that is happening to KR. The other one i expect to shine in TF movies from IR family is 'Venkat Prabhu' :)

Your posts reflect that a lot. But I don't know why you rate KR ahead of YSR. :roll: Yes. Venkat Prabu is a good hope.

There is famous dialogue of Sathyaraj from 'Naan Sigappu manithan' - 'Namellam orey kudumbamnnu aayitta apraam ithellam paakalaama' :lol:
:lol:

MADDY
02-04-2008, 06:09 AM
y shuld U1 attend IR's album's music launch function :roll: .....hey this is like me attending my dad's annual board meeting :banghead: ........come on, this is not at all professional to send ur son for ur movie's music launch.........it tends to make people believe U1 has a part in the album composition.......

hang on, is it only me who feels this way aka EO Maddy :oops: or does anyone else sees this as a amateur handling of profession??

rajasaranam
02-04-2008, 11:15 AM
y shuld U1 attend IR's album's music launch function :roll: .....hey this is like me attending my dad's annual board meeting :banghead: ........come on, this is not at all professional to send ur son for ur movie's music launch.........it tends to make people believe U1 has a part in the album composition.......

hang on, is it only me who feels this way aka EO Maddy :oops: or does anyone else sees this as a amateur handling of profession??

Raaja very rarely attends these kind of functions. even the awards are received by his sons/daughter. many people tend to believe its his Ego but i feel he is not a media savvy person. What is professional what not is one's individual perception :)

MADDY
02-04-2008, 12:33 PM
Raaja very rarely attends these kind of functions. even the awards are received by his sons/daughter. many people tend to believe its his Ego but i feel he is not a media savvy person. )

awards are ok, ppl. can take it on someone's behalf, but music launch eppadi?? wat if journalists ask some question on it?? wat can U1 say abt IRs work??

What is professional what not is one's individual perception :)

Fair enuf :D

MrJudge
02-04-2008, 01:06 PM

You are confused, comparing board meeting and audio release function? Even if we consider your thinking, why was annachi present during kalloori audio release? What was he doing JS's board meeting? I know you won't have answers for my Qs. hehehe........

MADDY
02-04-2008, 01:57 PM

You are confused, comparing board meeting and audio release function? Even if we consider your thinking, why was annachi present during kalloori audio release? What was he doing JS's board meeting? I know you won't have answers for my Qs. hehehe........

judge, i warn u not to call ARR with names....period......time and again, he has thrown egg on ur face with his success - SHUT UP

in kallori music launch, he was a guest invited by shankar :banghead:

MrJudge
02-04-2008, 03:27 PM
in kallori music launch, he was a guest invited by shankar

You mean the same way Yuvan was invited as guest for IR's KKP? :lol:

MADDY
02-04-2008, 06:21 PM

quite possible.......

vigneshram
02-04-2008, 08:59 PM

I admire you, Mr.Judge

MrJudge
02-05-2008, 04:11 AM

quite possible.......

Then what is your problem? When you accept your annachi's attendance to others board meetings, why can't you accept when comes to Yuvan? Can you stop being a hypocrite please, I know you can't, but atleast give it a try, will you?

Sanjeevi
02-05-2008, 05:01 AM

quite possible.......

Then what is your problem? When you accept your annachi's attendance to others board meetings, why can't you accept when comes to Yuvan? Can you stop being a hypocrite please, I know you can't, but atleast give it a try, will you?

gud qostin :lol:

MADDY
02-05-2008, 05:39 AM

quite possible.......

y dont u stop ur hypocrisy please?? here u have one great musician and u call him with names - y shuld i be any kind to a kid like U1??

moreover, ur equation of YSR in IR function when IR himself is not present with ARR's in JS's function is pretty interesting but a very funny one.......i dont want to talk more abt it.....let ppl. decide on someone who wants to run TFM as their family business.........

me - did u ever read my appreciation of U1 on chennai-28, Paruthiveeran, kannamoochi yenada, arabu nade song in ur threads last year??? :huh: ..........do u have one such example of returning the favor?? i dont expect u to - but unna madhiri aal ellam enna hypocritennu solluradhu dhaan sirippa irukku.......

U stop calling ARR annachhi - bloody hell - fight like a man Judge, ur fight is with me.......

MADDY
02-05-2008, 05:42 AM

quite possible.......

gud qostin :lol:

answered :lol2:

en family/ARR family-a thittina Hub-IR fans-aye naa samalichhaen - idhu enna periya kashtam :lol2: .....

rajasaranam
02-05-2008, 06:19 AM
this thread has come to 2nd page :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: Thanks to MADDY :boo:

k_vanan
02-05-2008, 06:48 AM
Mr. Judge appadi yenna verupu ungulaku ARR mela! nanum regulara yellam thread visit adippen ana nee maddum intha YSR music mattumthan comments kodukure aathu tappu illa yena nee YSR fan, ana matta music dir. (kuripa ARR music) music nalla irukuthunu sonnatha yenaku nyabagum illa. nanum YSR & ARR fans-than .

Please yentha paadalgal nalla irukutho antha padalgalai nalla vimarsanam koduthingina innum nalla irukum. Please nan ungulai advice pannuren endru ninaikathaigal, yena nengal unmailey oru nalla paadal vimasagar endru enaku theruyum, aanal nan appadi illai yetho orualavukuthan theriyum.

MADDY
02-05-2008, 07:03 AM
this thread has come to 2nd page :redjump: :bluejump: :redjump: Thanks to MADDY :boo:

:rotfl:

kham
02-05-2008, 08:02 AM
hey is thabela petti's son winning hub best backround score for his great work in billa????

MrJudge
02-05-2008, 11:41 AM
y dont u stop ur hypocrisy please??

Please shout at me when I am being a hypocrite, not now. You are the one right now, so I am shouting at you, fair enough?

moreover, ur equation of YSR in IR function when IR himself is not present with ARR's in JS's function is pretty interesting but a very funny one.......

So now you research who else attends/not attends the board meetings, well good luck with your thesis. What difference will it make? I don't understand.

let ppl. decide on someone who wants to run TFM as their family business.........

As I told many times before, maththa family ellam soththa family, we can't do anything about it, can we? :lol2:

me - did u ever read my appreciation of U1 on chennai-28, Paruthiveeran, kannamoochi yenada, arabu nade song in ur threads last year??? .do u have one such example of returning the favor?? i dont expect u to -

Thank god, you don't expect me to. Because I can't comment on something I don't listen to :)

MrJudge
02-05-2008, 11:49 AM
Mr. Judge appadi yenna verupu ungulaku ARR mela! nanum regulara yellam thread visit adippen ana nee maddum intha YSR music mattumthan comments kodukure aathu tappu illa yena nee YSR fan, ana matta music dir. (kuripa ARR music) music nalla irukuthunu sonnatha yenaku nyabagum illa. nanum YSR & ARR fans-than .

Please yentha paadalgal nalla irukutho antha padalgalai nalla vimarsanam koduthingina innum nalla irukum. Please nan ungulai advice pannuren endru ninaikathaigal, yena nengal unmailey oru nalla paadal vimasagar endru enaku theruyum, aanal nan appadi illai yetho orualavukuthan theriyum.

:)

I am not a good critic and I am just like you k_vanan.

Munsamy
02-06-2008, 09:56 AM
me - did u ever read my appreciation of U1 on chennai-28, Paruthiveeran, kannamoochi yenada, arabu nade song in ur threads last year??? .do u have one such example of returning the favor?? i dont expect u to -

Thank god, you don't expect me to. Because I can't comment on something I don't listen to :)

Judge,

If u dont listen to good music u would always end up lauding craps as u r doing now.

rajaalltheway
02-07-2008, 02:29 PM
FOR UR INFORMATION AYYA NEVER ATTENDS ANY CASSETTE RELEASE FUNCTION..KAMALJI TRIED ALL HIS TRICKS BUT AYYA DECLINED TO BUDGE DURING HEY RAAM,VIRUMAANDI AND MUMBAI EXPRESS MUSIC RELEASES.YUVAN WAS PRESENT BECAUSE OF DIRECTOR CHANDERNATH WHO HAD WORKED IN 'ULLAM' AS AN ASSISTANT OR ASSOCIATE.HE IS CRAZY ABOUT YSRS MUSIC AND MADE MUKESH MEHTA TO ADD YSRS NAME IN ONE OF THE SONGS.I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE I CAN BUY CDS OF THIS MOVIE AND HEAR IT(yuvans name)

MrJudge
02-11-2008, 05:48 AM
'Paruthiveeran' goes to Berlin

:2thumbsup: Paruthiveeran is definitely worthy of any accolades it gets from the festivals. If only Studio Green and Ameer are in good relationship, it would have been exposed more to international level. Well, goodluck to Ameer and Yuvan.

vasanth2006
02-11-2008, 08:42 AM
'Paruthiveeran' goes to Berlin

:2thumbsup: Paruthiveeran is definitely worthy of any accolades it gets from the festivals. If only Studio Green and Ameer are in good relationship, it would have been exposed more to international level. Well, goodluck to Ameer and Yuvan.

<dig>

pazhakka thosathula, I have posted it in YSR's New albums.... :)

</dig>

Sanjeevi
02-12-2008, 05:09 AM
divorce by court

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2008/02/08-yuvan-granted-divorce.html

MrJudge
02-14-2008, 02:10 AM
------------------------------------------------

Karthi goes to Berlin!
By Moviebuzz
Wednesday, 13 February , 2008, 16:57
Last Updated: Wednesday, 13 February , 2008, 17:21

Tonight (Feb 13), the fastest rising Kollywood star Karthi is leaving for Berlin, where his pathbreaking debut film Paruthiveeran directed by Ameer is being screened at the prestigious Berlin International Film Festival popularly known as Berlinale.

The Berlinale is truly a mega event. At the same time, it is a festival of encounters and discussions. With more than 200,000 tickets sold, the Berlinale is not only a film industry meeting it also enjoys by far the largest audience of any film festival in the world. For two weeks, art, glamour, parties and business meet at the Berlinale. Up to 400 films are shown every year as part of the Berlinale's public programme, the vast majority of which are world or European premieres. Films of every genre, length and format can be submitted at the festival.

The 58th Berlin International Film Festival has started on Feb 7 and will go up to Feb 17. Already director Ameer is at the festival and Karthi would be joining him, as there will be five screenings of Paruthiveeran which will be having its European premiere at the festival. All five shows of the film has been sold out in advance, one of the highlights was Paruthiveeran was not a last minute entry; it was confirmed as early as September last year for the festival.

Ameer has trimmed Paruthiveeran by 20 minutes and deleted certain songs, comedy scenes and a fight to make it suitable for an International audiences. Now the directors cut of Paruthiveeran is only 139 minutes, and those who saw it at Berlinale are raving about it. For the first time a Indian film other than a Bollywood or Adoor Gopalakrishnan film is being talked about at the festival.

Speaking exclusively to sify.com Karthi said: " I'm very happy that Paruthiveeran is being screened at the Berlin International Film Festival. I think it is a great honour to represent Tamil cinema at Berlinale and that too in my debut film as an actor. At Berlin I would be meeting a lot of International, directors, producers, distributors, journalist and talking to them about cinema. It is the best recognition I have got in my life."

------------------------------------------------

It is a great news, go Ameer!

MrJudge
02-14-2008, 02:14 AM
[tscii:98406f8e50]Ameer's next sans Yuvan Shankar Raja
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
February 13, 2008

Rumors are rife about Ameer’s next project Kannabiran and they even suggest that Ameer will play the lead for the movie. If you might remember, Ameer is donning the greasepaint for Yogi which is due for release anytime now. Ameer pronouncing Kannabiran a ‘powerful story than even Paruthiveeran’ has also created quite a stir created quite a stir among the industry circles raising the bar. However, Ameer denied rumors about playing the lead role for Kannabiran.

Interestingly, in Kannabiran, Ameer’s lucky mascot Yuvan Shankar Raja has given way to his father Maestro Ilayaraja for the music score. Sources close to the director maintain that he wanted Ilayaraja to score for the movie and sought the Maestro’s consent for the same. Last heard, much to the director’s delight, Ilayaraja has nodded assent for the project.

Ameer has flown to Berlin since Paruthiveeran is being screened at the film festival. Yogi that focuses on the life of slum dwellers of Chennai is expected to be wrapped in a single schedule when the director is back.

:roll:[/tscii:98406f8e50]

MrJudge
02-14-2008, 02:17 AM
[tscii:3926462c28]---------------------------------------------------

Yaaradi Nee Mohini to be delayed?
February 13, 2008

Yaaradi Nee Mohini, the Tamil remake of Aadavari Maatalaku Ardhale Verule with Dhanush and Nayanthara is complete and was set to release this week. However it may be delayed due to the introduction of a new song which is the remix of yester year hit ‘Paalakkadu Pakkathile’ in Vietnam Veedu Sundaram. Though the song is ready, the crew is waiting for the nod from Selvaraghavan who is the writer/director of the original Telugu version.

Director of YNM, Jawahar is an old student of Selva who feels that the film can be released only after his guru gives the green signal as he does not want any deviation from the original version. But Selva is in Rajasthan shooting for Aayirathil Oruvan and should be back in town after a while. Hence Jawahar has plans to wait till Selva sees and stamps his approval before it hits the theatres.

---------------------------------------------------

the movie may not be released on Feb 22nd? :roll:[/tscii:3926462c28]

MrJudge
02-14-2008, 09:11 AM
[tscii:eee42a18a2]‘Paruthi Veeran’ 375 not out!
IndiaGlitz [Thursday, February 14, 2008]

‘Paruthi Veeran’, the most acclaimed movie in the recent times, has been running successfully for more than a year. The movie has touched the mark of 375 days today.

The movie that introduced Karthi in the lead role has been praised for various aspects like direction, screenplay, performances by Karthi and Priyamani, and music by Yuvan Shankar Raja. The realistic portrayal of rural life and the characterization of the protagonist were particularly hailed by the critics.

‘Paruthi Veeran’ has won many prestigious awards under various categories. It was judged the best film from Osian's Cinefan Festival of Asian and Arab Cinema for “its strong narrative that allows reality to be played out cinematically, rendered with visual energy to connect with a wider audience”.

Priyamani received an award for best actress in Osian film festival. Priyamani also won Tamil Nadu government award for Best actress.

The film was selected to be screened in Cannes Film Festival in 2007. Now it has been selected to be screened in German Film Festival, which is held from February 11 - 15.

Ameer’s ‘Paruthi Veeran’ has undoubtedly made Kollywood proud.

Athu....[/tscii:eee42a18a2]

vasanth2006
02-14-2008, 02:10 PM
Ameer’s ‘Paruthi Veeran’ has undoubtedly made Kollywood proud.

Athu....[/tscii:5d63b2a8fd]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

MrJudge
02-16-2008, 10:38 AM
[tscii:cb4f5dfe63]PARUTHIVEERAN

In a rural area in southern India, young Muthazhagu is determined to marry her cousin, who had once saved her life when she was a child. But Paruthiveeran enjoys the company of prostitutes, likes getting in trouble with the law, and snubs her. When the ne’er-do-well finally acknowledges Muthazhagu and asks for her hand, the families of the two provoke a tragic conflict because of the caste system that both sides are caught up in, and that is the basis for their mutual disdain. The unconditionality of this young woman’s love meets the powerful underdog charm of Paruthiveeran in high drama. Also the villagers are swept into the archaic family feud, just as they are by their wild, loud religious festivals. The characters’ strengths and weaknesses give the story an intense palpable authenticity. With exploding colors and fast music, that are here more experimental than one is used to from Bollywood films, Paruthiveeran at the same time conveys realistic insights into the rough rural life in Tamil Nadu, formerly Madras. In India the film is a huge success. Its main actors are the young stars of the Tamil cinema called “Kollywood,” after its place of origin, Kodambakkam.

-Ingrid Arnold

http://www.berlinale.de/en/programm/berlinale_programm/datenblatt.php?film_id=20080076[/tscii:cb4f5dfe63]

thumburu
02-17-2008, 10:20 AM
Under foreign news section , today's Times Of India carries a news item about the rave reviews and acclammation "Paruthi Veeran" is getting in the Berlin film festival. Good for Amir SUltan and Yuvan

NOV
02-20-2008, 11:24 PM
Malaysian hubbers can call and speak directly to Yuvan via THR.fm at 4pm today. :D

vasanth2006
03-11-2008, 11:58 PM
[tscii:eceb982134]Yuvan Shankar Raja aspires to become a hero?

March 11, 2008

Visitor Medical Insurance

Chennai 28 proved to be an unprecedented hit and this naturally took all those associated with the film to stardom. The already well-established music director Yuvan Shankar Raja’s music went on to become a chartbuster. Provoked by the Chennai 28’s success, director Venkat Prabhu, started off a new project, Saroja, comprising most of

the members associated with his previous film. Sadly, this project is now facing small financial crunches but still managing to cruise along (though on rough seas).

In spite of all the adversities that face Saroja, it does seem like Venkat is adamant on bringing Yuvan Shankar Raja before the camera. He has also conveyed this to Yuvan and he is said to have given his stamp of approval. Is this is an indication that this music director could be aspiring to become a lead actor?

[/tscii:eceb982134]

MrJudge
03-12-2008, 05:09 AM
[tscii:7d30fdad56]Yuvan Shankar Raja aspires to become a hero?
[/tscii:7d30fdad56]

Yes, he is doing a guest role in Saroja after Venkat Prabhu's insistence. Guest role is ok, but a hero? How will he find time to act in a movie and score music for lot of movies at the same time? :roll:

vasanth2006
03-12-2008, 11:00 PM
[tscii:eb4f13aaac]Yuvan Shankar Raja aspires to become a hero?
[/tscii:eb4f13aaac]

Yes, he is doing a guest role in Saroja after Venkat Prabhu's insistence. Guest role is ok, but a hero? How will he find time to act in a movie and score music for lot of movies at the same time? :roll:

Yuvan compose music when he is in MSN(chatting) :lol: .....Lot of people(Ameer, vishal) said this in "coffee with anu"....So i think he will manage....Guest role is ok...But definitely he is not suitable for Hero.....

app_engine
03-28-2008, 02:19 PM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/bharathi_dafn270308/333688.html

BR's daughter's engagement pic where Raja's vArisukaL are together...

vigneshram
04-09-2008, 03:47 AM
Yaaradi Nee Mohini -

Entertaining , not an extraordinary flick in league of Selvaragavan's previous scripts. Check out my review here

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2008/04/blog-post.html

MrJudge
04-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Heard that in this week's kumudam, Selva has talked about the split. "Yuvan is doing 7 films now and he doesn't have time to sit with me and do my film. OTOH, GVP has time to sit with me and works with involvement"

:banghead:

k_vanan
04-18-2008, 10:45 AM
Heard that in this week's kumudam, Selva has talked about the split. "Yuvan is doing 7 films now and he doesn't have time to sit with me and do my film. OTOH, GVP has time to sit with me and works with involvement"

:banghead:

this is too much for Selva, he want YSR fully committed for his project :evil:

app_engine
04-18-2008, 05:14 PM
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2008-04-23/pg4.php

One interesting comment - 'Hollywood periya rAngE kedaiyadhunga':-)

littlemaster1982
04-18-2008, 07:59 PM
[tscii:a79a14f071]

சரி... யுவனுடன் என்ன பிரச்னை? ஏன் அவருடன் படத்தைத் தொடங்கிட்டு பாதியில் பிரிஞ்சு ஜீ.வி.பிரகாஷ§டன் வர்க் பண்றீங்க?

‘‘யுவனுடன் எந்த பிரச்னையும் இல்லை. இந்தப் படத்துக்கு எந்நேரமும் என்னுடனே உட்கார்ந்து அதிகநேரம் செலவழிக்குற இசையமைப்பாளர் எனக்குத் தேவை. ஆனால் யுவனால இப்போ இவ்வளவு நேரம் எனக்காக செலவு பண்ண முடியாது. அவர் ரொம்ப பிஸி. ஏழு படங்களுக்கு இசையமைத்துக் கொடுத்தாகணும். எனக்கு டைம் இல்லை, படத்தை முடிக்கணும். இதை அவர்கிட்ட சொன்னேன். புரிஞ்சுகிட்டாரு. இப்போ ஜீவியுடன் வேலை பார்க்கறேன். பிரமாதமா மியூசிக் பண்றாரு. இந்த படம் ஹிட்டாச்சுன்னா இதுவும் சூப்பர் காம்பினேஷன் ஆகிடும்.’’ [/tscii:a79a14f071]

MrJudge
04-19-2008, 05:27 AM
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2008-04-23/pg4.php

One interesting comment - 'Hollywood periya rAngE kedaiyadhunga':-)

I agree with him, seriously. Lot of junks are coming out from hollywood, only a handful of meaningful movies coming out each year from there, most of those action films are :banghead:

karthik_sa2
04-19-2008, 07:37 AM
I agree with him, seriously. Lot of junks are coming out from hollywood, only a handful of meaningful movies coming out each year from there, most of those action films are

adhulayum most'ah poochi vechu padam edukaradhu illayna aruvirupa visithra praanigal vechu padam edukaradhu...idhu dhaan hollywood ...enna konjam brhamandama edupanga...

MrJudge
04-25-2008, 11:40 AM
[tscii:564577d398]‘Billa’ for Cannes
IndiaGlitz [Friday, April 25, 2008]

Ajith starrer ‘Billa’, directed by Vishnuvardhan will be screened at the prestigious Cannes Film Festival this May.

Considered one of the coveted film festivals wherein movies from various countries across the globe would be screened, Ajith starrer ‘Billa’ has been selected.

Vishnuvardhan and producer Anandha Suresh would be flying to Cannes to attend the screening of the movie.

The movie, a remake of yesteryear Rajini hit titled the same features Ajith, Nayantara, Prabhu, Rahman among others in the cast.

Nirav Shah has cranked the camera while Yuvanshankar Raja has scored the music

:roll:[/tscii:564577d398]

vasanth2006
05-08-2008, 04:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8JL4nnurVEs&feature=related

Superb.....

MrJudge
07-18-2008, 01:11 PM
Posting in the appropriate thread guys...

MrJudge
07-18-2008, 01:21 PM
One thing is sure : You guys haven't understood what Ameer spoke in that function. He had praised Yuvan and ridiculed ARR. Logically, ARR fans should react like that.

My last line was 'kuzhanthayai killi vittutu thottilayum aatukiraar Ameer'. My line answers your post, Selva. Why he needs to do that?

Directors coming to Yuvan after not able to reach ARR

I don't think Ameer came to Yuvan just because he didn't get somebody's dates. He came to Yuvan because of Bala. He was an assistant of Bala during Nandha days, he knew Yuvan pretty well from then, so he started with him.

Yuvan is their preferred MD in TFM after ARR.

Not true. Yuvan has his own set of directors who will never go to somebody else.

MrJudge
07-18-2008, 01:23 PM
Am perfectly ok with ARR's presence. In fact, Yuvan is privileged to have ARR on his stage... VP's idea is good!!

I thought he would not make it and I didn't like his presence in the Saroja function.

VP :mad:

selvakumar
07-18-2008, 01:42 PM
I thought he would not make it and I didn't like his presence in the Saroja function.

VP :mad:

Well.. Live in your own world. I cannot comment on that. I am perfectly fine with ARR presence just like Yuvan and VP.

MrJudge
07-18-2008, 02:00 PM
Selva,

He is for us like 'Vijay/Bala to you'. We will never accept him :D

selvakumar
07-18-2008, 02:06 PM
Judge,
ARR along the lines of Bala. :lol: Whatever - Let it be. I am happy that YUVAN and VP know what they need to do :D

MrJudge
07-18-2008, 02:10 PM
Judge,
ARR along the lines of Bala. :lol: Whatever - Let it be. I am happy that YUVAN and VP know what they need to do :D

Yeah, just like you live in your own world, let us live in our own world :D I don't think Yuvan would have said anything, I believe it is VP's choice.

selvakumar
07-18-2008, 02:14 PM
Yeah, just like you live in your own world, let us live in our own world :D I don't think Yuvan would have said anything, I believe it is VP's choice.
:D
Without U1 saying anything, do you think VP would have invited ARR for the audio release of a U1 film ? How sure you are :D
If you firmly believe so, again LIVE IN YOUR OWN WORLD :D

MrJudge
07-18-2008, 02:27 PM
ARR along the lines of Bala.

I missed your line here. Yes, please understand in what context I said that.

Without U1 saying anything, do you think VP would have invited ARR for the audio release of a U1 film ?

If Yuvan wants him to release his albums, he would have invited him earlier also. But he never did. I think it is in the hands of director and producer. Yuvan will not object to their plans is my point.

How sure you are

I am damn sure Yuvan would have said 'venkat, whatever you like to do, do it'.

If you firmly believe so, again LIVE IN YOUR OWN WORLD

If you firmly don't believe so, again LIVE IN YOUR OWN WORLD :)

selvakumar
07-18-2008, 02:53 PM
If Yuvan wants him to release his albums, he would have invited him earlier also. But he never did. I think it is in the hands of director and producer. Yuvan will not object to their plans is my point.
There goes my point as well. No one will sought for a person like ARR to release their every single album. Yuvan had already mentioned that he likes ARR :wink: It is not something like Ajith vs Bala thing or IR vs Vairamuthu. If U1 treats ARR as someone like Vairamuthu or others, he would have said
'Hey ! I am not comfortable with this and don't invite him'
He didn't do that and that itself shows that he likes his presence.

Otherwise, the media wouldn't have put a false image that arr is a fan of U1's music :) It is as simple as that. Putting everything on VP's head is :lol:

selvakumar
07-18-2008, 02:56 PM
Am perfectly ok with ARR's presence. In fact, Yuvan is privileged to have ARR on his stage... VP's idea is good!!
Looks like U1 mentioned that he likes ARR in an interview to AV or kumudam. Hence, I think he would have been glad to see ARR releasing his album.

Has he ever released a HJ album ? :?
What did he speak about GVP in kuselan audio release ?
Any idea :)

MrJudge
07-18-2008, 03:18 PM
Selva,

There were five MDs released Yuvan's songs in Saththam Podathey. It was Vasanth's idea and Yuvan would have said 'fine'. I don't think Yuvan will say no to director's ideas and also he will never say 'please ask so and so guy to release my album'.

So I blame only VP :evil:

karthik_sa2
07-18-2008, 10:23 PM
idhukellam kaaranam ameer...evalo pannalum satisfaction illadha oru polamabal case...

MrJudge
07-21-2008, 11:24 AM
oru padam about Eelam tamil people appadingrar, Kannapiran innum irukka illaiyaannu theriyala :roll:

app_engine
07-21-2008, 01:09 PM
Had a chance to view the kumudam.com interview of Ameer (by Gnani), quite interesting. Though there were some appreciative remarks from Gnani on the music of Ameer's films, neither him nor Ameer mentioned the name of MD. (Isn't YSR the MD for all his movies or was there another?) They kept talking like 'isai amaippALar' never mentioning the actual name. Sounded odd. I wonder whether Gnani is known as anti-IR / anti-YSR...

Plum
07-21-2008, 04:16 PM
app, gnani is kind of anti-IR? The reasons for that are not political but sort of socio-political. It is not appropriate to mention it here in the forum. PM me if you are interested in that.

MrJudge
08-01-2008, 07:21 AM
In his recent interview, Ameer says that he will not attend any more functions and even if he attends he will not speak.

kham
08-01-2008, 09:01 AM
ARR gonna sing 4 YUVAN!!!!
It was a surprise meet between Rahman & Yuvan during the Audio Launch of "Saroja"..

'Before 20 years, when I was playing keyboard for Illaiyaraaja Sir, I'll hear a voice back saying 'Uncle'.. If I turn back, Yuvan will be standing there.. Very naughty boy.. So, whenever I think of Yuvan I'll start laughing.. Now, Yuvan has grown up as a big music composer.. All the Best to Yuvan, Now & Ever..' Yuvan's face was filled with joy when Rahman wished him..

When asked to Yuvan about Rahman, he said, 'Our meet is a surprise only to you.. Many think we both have ego between us.. But we have only lots of friendship.. Rahman Sir is so cool.. His music, speech, smile, style everything is distinct.. We have a good wavelength always.. I tried to make him sing in Chennai-28 & Saroja.. But as he was in Sony Contract, he was not able to sing.. For sure, in future, he'll sing in my musical..'

When asked to the director Venkat Prabhu, how they roped in busy Rahman for this launch, he said, 'It was a big project for us more than the film.. We chased him many times through landline, cellphone, sms & email.. He got impressed by the details about Yuvan which was put in the Saroja Invitation.. He sent us a msg, "You people are rocking" after hearing Saroja Songs.. We were damn happy.. For these words itself, I gave a treat..' He said this very immense joy..

[Source: Anandha Vikatan Tamil Weekly, dated 30 July 2008, Page 75]

:lol: :mrgreen: :thumbsup: :bluejump: :redjump: :boo: :redjump: :bluejump: :thumbsup: :mrgreen: :lol:

vasanth2006
08-02-2008, 06:32 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/imagegallery/galleryDetail.php?hgallery=14729621

8-)

vasanth2006
08-08-2008, 05:50 PM
[tscii:017d5cd4b4]http://www.hindu.com/cp/2008/08/08/stories/2008080850341600.htm

My first break - Singer Rita

Singer Rita

How it happened

I learnt Carnatic and Hindustani music from a young age. In college I used to participate in various music competitions and win prizes. At a prize distribution ceremony, singer Srinivas appreciated my voice and style of singing. He told me to do a demo cassette and approach music directors. This made me think about playback singing as a career. I made a demo CD and got in touch with leading music directors such as Harris Jayaraj and D. Iman. Harris immediately called me and made me sing in harmony with others for the film Anniyan. Iman made me sing my first solo number ‘Varungala Vittukkarane’ in the film Aanai featuring Arjun.

How it felt

I felt very happy. But the critic in me was not happy at all. Whenever I listened to my own song, I would criticise it. I used to feel I could have done a better job. But my biggest critic is my mother Lalitha. She is a veena player and is good at drawing too. At the most, she will say I’m improving day by day but I’m yet to hear her say she is satisfied.

How life changed

Life has not changed much for me. I’m happy to be in this profession but my passion for singing overrides everything else. I have also appeared in an ad with other singers for Chennai Silks. I have sung nearly 50 songs in the I think Yuvan Shankar Raja is one of the best music directors today. I have sung three songs for him. They are ‘Oru Nalaikul Ethanai Kanavu’ from the film Yaaradi Ne Mohini. The other two films are Parattai Engira Azhagu Sundaram and Azhagai Irukkirai Bayamai Irukkirathu. The best compliment for me is he has recommended my name to his father Ilaiyaraja who has given me a song in Uliyin Osai and a song in the forthcoming Dhanam. I was happy when he gave me the chance to sing for an album on Chief Minister M. Karunanidhi.four South Indian languages — Tamil, Telugu, Malayalam and Kannada.

S. R. ASHOK KUMAR

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

8-)

PEAS??????? :roll: [/tscii:017d5cd4b4]

MrJudge
08-08-2008, 06:21 PM
PEAS???????

Yuvan was doing this project with Raju sundaram and later both of them dropped it. I think Yuvan composed just one song in that movie.

vasanth2006
08-09-2008, 01:14 AM
PEAS???????

Yuvan was doing this project with Raju sundaram and later both of them dropped it. I think Yuvan composed just one song in that movie.

Ya....i know that yuvan was the MD....then replaced by kannada MD.....I am just wondering whether the artile has wrong info or really yuvan composed song for that movie......

rajaalltheway
08-09-2008, 08:55 AM
PEAS???????

Ya....i know that yuvan was the MD....then replaced by kannada MD.....I am just wondering whether the artile has wrong info or really yuvan composed song for that movie......
when PEAS was underway raju sundaram had to back off because of his earlier commitments.Producer Keyaar and his son were in dire straits and seeked superstars help.Suresh Krishna stepped in and reworked on the schedule and production design.Yuvan declined to work with SK.Raju Sundaram and YSR had composed tunes in Thailand and a solo was recoreded at Pinkstone.Yuvan retained the tune .SK wanted Srikant Deva but die hard Raja devotee Keyaar refused.Superstar again intervened and decided to dub Kannada original songs to tamil and give credit to Gurucharan.Without Yuvan on credits HIT music wanted their advance back on the music rights.After negotiations a paltry few lakhs were given and Yuvan generously agreed to let them use his name on the credits without pinpointing any song.dhanush also insisted on having Yuvans name somewhere.The songs got recorded at Prasad in a matter of 4 or 5 days..

vasanth2006
08-09-2008, 01:31 PM
PEAS???????

when PEAS was underway raju sundaram had to back off because of his earlier commitments.Producer Keyaar and his son were in dire straits and seeked superstars help.Suresh Krishna stepped in and reworked on the schedule and production design.Yuvan declined to work with SK.Raju Sundaram and YSR had composed tunes in Thailand and a solo was recoreded at Pinkstone.Yuvan retained the tune .SK wanted Srikant Deva but die hard Raja devotee Keyaar refused.Superstar again intervened and decided to dub Kannada original songs to tamil and give credit to Gurucharan.Without Yuvan on credits HIT music wanted their advance back on the music rights.After negotiations a paltry few lakhs were given and Yuvan generously agreed to let them use his name on the credits without pinpointing any song.dhanush also insisted on having Yuvans name somewhere.The songs got recorded at Prasad in a matter of 4 or 5 days..

:ty:

Yuvan generously agreed to let them use his name on the credits without pinpointing any song.dhanush also insisted on having Yuvans name somewhere.The songs got recorded at Prasad in a matter of 4 or 5 days....

were they used yuvan's name on the credits?? :roll:
And any yuvan's tune in PEAS?....or all the songs are dubbed??.....I am curious...

vasanth2006
08-10-2008, 06:16 PM
[tscii:290f6b40dd]http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/40611.html

Venkat Prabhu – Raring to go
IndiaGlitz [Friday, August 08, 2008]

Venkat Prabhu, who shot to fame as a director with 'Chennai 600028', is now ready for the release of his next film 'Saroja', a bilingual venture that is simultaneously being made in Tamil and Telugu.

The film has been produced by T Siva under the banner of Amma Creations. Says Venkat Prabhu, "Quiet similar to 'Chennai 600028', 'Saroja' too would be a youthful commercial entertainer".

He said, "The script is simple and our methodology of presentation will be stylish. My cousin Yuvanshankar Raja is scoring the music. I am proud to acknowledge the fact that he is my brother as he is scaling great heights in music".

The audio of the Telugu version was released by Rajinikanth recently. The film stars Jayaram, Prakash Raj, S P B Charan, Premji Gangaiamaran among others.

Hope the film does a good show and rain in fortunes for Siva who dons a prominent role in the film.

8-)

[/tscii:290f6b40dd]

MrJudge
08-12-2008, 04:34 AM
were they used yuvan's name on the credits?? :roll:
And any yuvan's tune in PEAS?....or all the songs are dubbed??.....I am curious...

Yes, there was a special-thanks-note to Yuvan in the beginning of the movie, it was broadcasted recently on some channel, horrible movie, couldn't watch it for more than a few mins.

MrJudge
08-12-2008, 04:37 AM
In Saroja audio launch program (on Kalaingar TV last Sunday) VP told that all tunes were composed in two days by Yuvan. :cool2:

MrJudge
08-19-2008, 05:22 AM
On independence day in Jaya TV program, VP said that he has okayed the first tunes Yuvan played for both of his movies, Ch-28 and Saroja. He didn't even ask for small alteration/new tunes, whatever Yuvan composed are accepted.

selvakumar
08-19-2008, 05:27 AM
That's a bad news. He should get what he needs. He should just accept what he gives

MrJudge
08-19-2008, 05:30 AM
That's a bad news. He should get what he needs. He should just accept what he gives

VP liked Yuvan's tunes, that is the reason he didn't ask for anything extra.

sarna_blr
08-19-2008, 05:36 AM
On independence day in Jaya TV program, VP said that he has okayed the first tunes Yuvan played for both of his movies, Ch-28 and Saroja. He didn't even ask for small alteration/new tunes, whatever Yuvan composed are accepted.

Wt abt taamirabarani... vel... edhiri :roll: :oops:

Wt I mean here is whatever Yuvan composed are accepted or whatever Yuvan composed are forced to be accepted

selvakumar
08-19-2008, 05:38 AM
VP liked Yuvan's tunes, that is the reason he didn't ask for anything extra.
oh. Thanks for the clarification. I misunderstood that one

MrJudge
08-19-2008, 06:24 AM
Wt abt taamirabarani... vel... edhiri :roll: :oops:

Wt I mean here is whatever Yuvan composed are accepted or whatever Yuvan composed are forced to be accepted

I don't know, Hari and KSR never mentioned anything.

karthik_sa2
08-21-2008, 09:04 AM
Wt abt taamirabarani... vel... edhiri

Wt I mean here is whatever Yuvan composed are accepted or whatever Yuvan composed are forced to be accepted yuvan is director's md ...i don see him forcing any directors to have his songs..infact i don see any md's doing that or has done that before for that matter...

vasanth2006
08-21-2008, 12:52 PM
"I am yuvan shankar raja's fan......am eagerly waiting to hear the songs....."

Ameer has told the above statement in the saroja's audio launch's backroom interview.....and he wished the saroja team....

8-)

MrJudge
08-21-2008, 01:21 PM

Ameer has told the above statement in the saroja's audio launch's backroom interview.....and he wished the saroja team....

8-)

However he puts it, Ameer :twisted:

vasanth2006
08-24-2008, 05:23 PM
Actor Jeeva Speaks about SMS and Marainthirunthu parkkum marmam enna.....It seems MPME is a stylish movie.... 8-)

http://www.behindwoods.com/features/Interviews/interview-5/actor/jeeva.html

selvakumar
08-25-2008, 08:59 AM

8-)
Ameer :thumbsup:

vasanth2006
08-30-2008, 02:06 PM
It's Yuvan's birthday!
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, August 30, 2008]

Son of legendary music composer Illayaraja, Yuvan Shankar Raja has claimed his own rightful spot in Tamil filmdom with some path breaking compositions. The young man from the first family of Tamil film music celebrates his birthday on the 31st of August.

Introduced through the film 'Thulluvatho Illamai' Yuvan proved to be refreshingly different as he churned out numbers that youngsters of Tamilnadu could relate to and in the process ended up simply adoring it.

Yuvan has come to be in constant demand by many frontline directors and is expected to be in path-breaking form in the coming years.

Yuvan's songs in the film 'Saroja' are making waves right now and the film will be releasing early September.

Indiaglitz wishes Yuvan Shankar Raja a very happy birthday!

ADVANCE HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THIS MUSICAL GENIUS.........

nanchil_guy
08-31-2008, 06:05 AM
Introduced through the film 'Thulluvatho Illamai' !!!!????

viraajan
08-31-2008, 08:28 AM
HAPPY BIRTHDAY YUVAN :)

interz
08-31-2008, 03:08 PM
Happy Birthday Yuvan Shankaraja

Aravindhan was his first movie, RIGHT?

viraajan
08-31-2008, 03:09 PM
Yes Interz. Indiaglitz nonsense continues... :rotfl:

vasanth2006
09-02-2008, 05:30 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/m/Events/ma_moviela010908/392846.html

It seems Yuvan is doing "Maa"......

vasanth2006
09-02-2008, 05:39 AM
[tscii:1abd37ce38]Yuvan celebrates with Saroja team

September 01, 2008

One of Kodambakkam’s leading music directors, Yuvan Shankar Raja, turned 29 yesterday. Although his birthday was largely a family affair, he also attended a cake cutting ceremony hosted by his friends at the sets of Saroja. The entire crew of Saroja including director Venkat Prabhu and producer Amma creations Siva were present at the occasion.

Yuvan’s career is every musician’s envy and the youngster has achieved more than what others did in a less span of time in the industry. Behindwoods wishes Yuvan a very happy birthday and a successful career ahead.

:clap: :clap: [/tscii:1abd37ce38]

vasanth2006
09-02-2008, 05:43 AM
[tscii:c782d04ffb]Happy birthday Yuvan Shankar Raja
September 1st, 2008

Yuvan Shankar Raja the fabulous music composer has celebrated his birthday with a big bash in the premises of Amma Creations. The table was set with a giant yellow and white cake with flowers on either side. A huge hoarding wishing the ‘Raja of Saroja’ makes up the backdrop which looks celebratory with colorful balloons. The media waits, cameras ready to click as Saroja’s producer T. Siva and director Venkat Prabhu give final touches to the scene.

Right at this moment as if in a Kollywood movie, Yuvan steps in to cut the birthday cake with lot of cheers from Premji, Vaibhav, Charan, Vega, Venkat and RJ Siva.This is the first time Yuvan has celebrated his birthday before the media. Venkat Prabhu had arranged a small surprise bash for him at midnight at the Kalasa studio with just all his friends.

http://www.kollywoodtoday.com/news/happy-birthday-yuvan-shankar-raja/[/tscii:c782d04ffb]

vasanth2006
09-02-2008, 05:56 AM
Yuvan's Birthday Celebration with saroja Team,.....

http://kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/events/yuvan_shankar_raja_29th_birthday_celebration_with_ sarojateam/

Aluyara malai pottu amarkkala paduthi iruganga.... :)....

http://kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/events/yuvan_shankar_raja_29th_birthday_celebration_with_ sarojateam/pages/image058.html

http://kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/events/yuvan_shankar_raja_29th_birthday_celebration_with_ sarojateam/pages/image153.html

vasanth2006
09-02-2008, 06:21 AM
'Saroja' Contest Winners Announced!
[Monday, September 01, 2008]
Amma Creations in association with Indiaglitz ran a weeklong contest which was met with tremendous responses. The question, 'Which song does Yuvan feature in the film 'Saroja'? was answered correctly by thousands of patrons. Lots were prepared and picked by Yuvan and the producer of the film T. Siva.

Autographed Saroja Music Album CDs would be dispatched to the winners soon. The winners were announced as part of Yuvan Shankar Raja's surprise birthday celebrations that was hosted by the 'Saroja' team.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/16127.html

It seems Yuvan is the left hander.... :)

MrJudge
09-02-2008, 10:02 AM
Yuvan's Birthday Celebration with saroja Team,.....

http://kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/events/yuvan_shankar_raja_29th_birthday_celebration_with_ sarojateam/

Aluyara malai pottu amarkkala paduthi iruganga.... :)....

http://kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/events/yuvan_shankar_raja_29th_birthday_celebration_with_ sarojateam/pages/image058.html

http://kollywoodtoday.com/gallery/events/yuvan_shankar_raja_29th_birthday_celebration_with_ sarojateam/pages/image153.html

:D Saroja team rocks, Prakash Raj was also there, I guess they had his party and movie premiere together.

vasanth2006
09-03-2008, 04:00 AM
http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/gallery/events/16125.html
'Saroja' Team Celebrates Yuvan's Birthday
[Monday, September 01, 2008]
Music director Yuvan Shankar Raja celebrated his 29th birthday which was actually a surprise party arranged by the cast and crew of the 'Saroja' team. The party was held on the 31st of August as a token of gratitude for the success of the musical score composed by Yuvan for 'Saroja'.

Yuvan has attained a special place in the Tamil film music industry with his captivating music and background scores. He has indeed lived up to his father's name and is a valued asset for Kollywood. He is very keenly sought after by by ace directors of recent times for his brilliant scores.

The occasion was celebrated at the Amma Creations office premises. The celebrities present on the occasion were producer T. Siva, director Venkat Prabhu, Mirchi Siva, Premji, Vaibhav, Prakash Raj, Vega, and cameraman Shakthi Saravanan.

Check the video....Yuvan speaks about saroja.....

rajaalltheway
09-08-2008, 11:26 AM
Yuvan stormed to Kalasa in a brand new white BMW M6 coupe and stunned everyone around.Soon stories started to pop out,some saying it was a birthday gift from his father.The car comes with a whopping 1.2crore price tag and is a direct import from Germany. Whatever...this young man has got amazing sense of aesthetics.

viraajan
09-08-2008, 12:00 PM
Rajaa,

I read somewhere that he himself bought it for birthday. not a gifted one. :roll:

app_engine
09-08-2008, 07:10 PM
Digression
http://www.kbb.com/KBB/NewCars/PricingReport/2008_BMW_M6_224024.aspx#survey

What's the present customs duty for cars in India?
End-digression

MrJudge
09-09-2008, 11:59 AM
Yuvan stormed to Kalasa in a brand new white BMW M6 coupe and stunned everyone around.Soon stories started to pop out,some saying it was a birthday gift from his father.The car comes with a whopping 1.2crore price tag and is a direct import from Germany. Whatever...this young man has got amazing sense of aesthetics.

Do you know anyone working in kalasa? I prefer him building his own studio soon...