PDA

View Full Version : Yuvan Shankar Raja's New Albums : 2007-08 : 2

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

MrJudge
12-07-2007, 11:46 AM
Yuvan's thread was lost a few months back and found on May 5th by RR. Here is the link for old posts, thanks RR.

http://www.mayyam.com/hub/archives/Current_Topics/t10617_Yuvan_new_albums_2007-08_I.html

selvakumar
12-07-2007, 12:06 PM
Pictures from the new venkat prabu movie Saroja
http://pstlpost.blogspot.com/2007/12/blog-post_06.html
Cast includes JeyaRam and PrakashRaj too
Music by Yuvan

nanchil_guy
12-07-2007, 04:25 PM
naattaamai unga threadkkey vaettu vachuthangaley!! engalakku oru kuraina nanga naattaamai kitta muraiedalaam anaa antha naattaamaikke ippadi oru nilaya!!

just kidding!! i see how desparate you are to be in touch with yuvan's community.

Sanjeevi
12-07-2007, 05:23 PM
Enna Kodu Sir Idhu

MrJudge
12-08-2007, 03:15 AM
naattaamai unga threadkkey vaettu vachuthangaley!! engalakku oru kuraina nanga naattaamai kitta muraiedalaam anaa antha naattaamaikke ippadi oru nilaya!!

:lol:

MrJudge
12-08-2007, 05:37 AM
Yuvan Shankar turns producer?
IndiaGlitz [Saturday, December 08, 2007]

The latest buzz in Kollywood is that the young musician Yuvan Shankar Raja is planning to become a producer soon. It is also said that he will have Shanthanu, son of K. Bhagyaraj, as the hero of his maiden project.

The film, the sources say, will be a double hero subject. Shanthanu will have a company of a newcomer as second hero. The cast selection for other roles, including heroine, are yet be done.

Sanjeevi
12-09-2007, 01:40 PM
The rhtym sounds like "Vazha Vaikkum Kathalukku Jai" song sound comes at song Naan Meetum rocks.

sgmsin
12-10-2007, 05:25 AM
'Billa's music has done very well'

Shobha Warrier | December 07, 2007 16:15 IST

It was one of the huge challenges for Yuvan Shankar Raja, youngest son of music maestro Ilayaraja to step legendary music director M S Viswanathan's shoes for the remake of Billa.

Yuvan is a childhood friend of the new Billa's director Vishnu Vardhan and he has been a part of all of Vishnu's earlier films.

In one of his rare interviews, Yuvan, a man of few words speaks about composing for Billa

Don't Miss: Taking on Big B and Rajni

Was Billa one of your toughest albums because you were expected to recreate the old Billa magic?

I wouldn't say it was the toughest. It was an album that was very exciting for me. Yes, the old Billa was very successful and was a turning point in Rajni Sir's (Rajnikanth [Images]) career. MSV Sir's songs were huge hits.

Was it a huge responsibility for you?

Responsibility, yes. Expectations were very high. As much as Sivaji I would say. New Billa has become the most expected movie after Sivaji. I could see that from the day the film was announced. When Vishnu (Vishnu Vardhan, the director) came and told me that he was directing Billa, and that Ajith would be Billa, I could sense something very big was coming. But I didn't expect this film turning out to be this big.

Were you nervous?

No. I was thrilled and excited about the whole film. I was working for an Ajith film after Dheena, which was a career break for me. I felt the audience would expect something great because I was joining hands with Ajith after Dheena.

With Vishnu also, we had good albums. I had fun actually.

What was in your mind when you sat down preparing yourself for the music?

I wanted the music to be very modern, very metallica. I preferred a very plastic sound. I didn't want any 'live' sound in it. When I saw the photos taken at the photo session with Ajith, I could feel the tone of the movie, and it was very modern and very funky. So, I made up my mind that I would use a lot of funky sounds that would suit the look of the film. With those things in mind, I started composing the music.

For me, composing means enjoyment. I should enjoy while working on a track and I should feel like listening to it again. This is what I kept in my mind.

Did you add anything in particular to the songs because the locale of the film is Malayasia?

Yes, I kept the locales in mind while composing. I am of the opinion that every composer should know the tone of the movie so that he can compose accordingly. The music should match the movie.

My name is Billa was the most popular from the old Billa. You have remixed it�.

I find it quite difficult whenever I have to do a remix. I am very particular that I shouldn't spoil the magic of the original. You hear so many comments about remixing. I would say I somehow managed to compose My name is Billa! Because the new Billa is more modern, I made it more trendy and plastic.

Which is your favourite song from the album?

My favourites are Sei ethavathu and Naan Meendum. I have given a very Arabic style of music to Sei Ethavathu and it is mixed very well with the Indian style.

How did you choose the singers? Did you have the actors in mind?

No. Vishnu and I retained the same singers used earlier. Neha Bhasin has sung the song Sei ethavathu with Preethi Bhalla. We also have Shankar Mahadevan [Images], Vijay Yesudas. I have introduced a new singer, Deepika.

Seval Kodi by Vijay Yesudas is very popular...

Yes, it has become very popular. I was expecting that because I listen to my albums while driving. I listen as if it were not my music, just to find out how listeners will take it. Without knowing it, I kept repeating the song several times. Then, I felt that would be the catchy song of the album.

Do you consider Billa as one of your best albums in recent times?

The one closest to my heart is Thamizh MA. I don't know why but I got carried away by that movie.

That is not to say that I didn't get carried away by Billa. It was a very exciting album to work on and I had great fun!

It is a very big project and commercially, Billa's music has done very well. And, I am very happy about it.

itsmuls
12-10-2007, 06:15 AM
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news/dec-07-02/10-12-07-billa.html

Billa Bookings - Status
By Behindwoods News Bureau.
December 10, 2007
Reservations for the much-awaited Ajith-starrer Billa, remake of superstar Rajinikanth's yesteryear smash hit, started this Sunday, without any prior announcement, when the clock struck 12 a.m. Ajith's fans, curious to know the date of commencement of booking, had been in touch with the theaters where it is scheduled to be screened.

Sathyam Cinemas, Chennai's premium multiplex, which has online booking as well as phone booking, had informed the fans on Sunday evening that it would start at 12 midnight.

Some of the fans, who normally crash early, had their alarms set to wake them up at 12 a.m. so as to be the first to book tickets for the first show. The booking opened a few minutes before midnight and Sathyam Cinemas' call center was flooded with calls, which almost jammed the several lines they had engaged for this purpose. Those who woke up an hour late were surprised to find that the tickets for the first three days were booked within just one hour. Sathyam, the biggest screen in the multiplex, with more than a thousand seats, is screening four shows which makes it 11,000 seats approximately for the first three days. Amazingly, all this was booked in just an hour. This usually happens only for Rajinikanth movies. The scene wasn't any different in the other theaters as serpentine queues were seen outside INOX, another multiplex, scheduled to open its counters at 9 a.m. this morning witnessed huge crowds gathering outside the mall where it is housed but they however had to return disappointed as they later announced that it will be issued only tomorrow, December 11th. Mammoth crowds waiting to book their tickets has jammed the roads leading to Kasi Theatre, which also screens Billa. According to our sources, the police are having a tough time controlling the traffic as well as the crowd. With the booking for the first day closed within an hour, fans are also demanding a special show a day before the release of the movie.

The last time theaters witnessed such huge crowds was for this year's biggest hit Sivaji. Guess all the publicity and hype has paid off well.

MrJudge
12-10-2007, 08:24 AM
sgmsin;

Thanks for posting the interview and glad to know that his and our favorites are always same (Naan meedum and Sei from Billa) and everyone will agree that KT album is the best from him this year.

And on 14th, he will rock for sure!

sgmsin
12-10-2007, 09:11 AM
Yes I agree Judge, KT is one of the best yuvan composition's for this year.
But I personaly feel that yuvan did decent job in kanna moochi yennada. I am still thinking why people does not like that album.

karthik_sa2
12-10-2007, 11:12 AM
Yes I agree Judge, KT is one of the best yuvan composition's for this year.
But I personaly feel that yuvan did decent job in kanna moochi yennada. I am still thinking why people does not like that album.

yes very true kannamoochi aenada was good too..esp megam megam and sanjaram...when i saw the movie i started liking kannamochi aatam" song also.. sometimes yuvan is extremely unlucky..he gives in his best tunes yet if the film fails the songs r only talked for a short period of time then its almost forgotten . i don think so even tamil ma is such a big hit..though there were lot of good reviews..i don see any channel airing tamil ma now. OTH vel songs have become extremely popular..these days a song gets popular only if the film does well and unfortunately most of the films composed by yuvan fails in the BO. i jus couldn believe or digest tamil ma songs didn get the popularity it deserved.on the first listen i thought tamil ma songs r going to be a huge hit...

thankls sgmsin for the interview :)

ezy0265
12-10-2007, 11:12 AM
sgmsin,

Its not true people do not like the album generally. Some postings here, u know by who, may have created the impression. Radio and TV channels have given good airtime for most of the songs from KE.
Just listen to Megam Megam and Sanjaaram.....wow what songs!
In Sanjaaram he has used a fantastic but yet a simple variation to the part where the male comes with "Oh Oh Oh" while the same portion is filled by the female "Mmm Mmm Mmm" which I found to be so amazingly intoxicating and lifting the song to another dimension. YSR was superb in showing his talents as usual....

I think if Billa succeeds at the box office, YSR will be reaching a different platform in turn of getting opportunities further....lets hope the movie does well..

sgmsin
12-10-2007, 11:13 AM
Thanks karthik. Thats true.

karthik_sa2
12-10-2007, 11:14 AM
btw where is yuvan's prev thread??? oru thread'ae va dissappear aagum :shock:

karthik_sa2
12-10-2007, 11:37 AM
gone r the days when people used to like the music and buy the album..they rather opt for piracy mp3 stuff. these days an albums hit depends on the fans of big clebrities like rajini,ajith,kamal or vijay getting the cds on the first few days ..or success of the movie..this applies to any md now arr or yuvan or vs.. md's have to be selective in doing films..this is becoming very alarming for yuvan esp..

selvakumar
12-10-2007, 11:47 AM
yaaraavathu maranthu delete panni irupaangannu nenaikiraen :?

MrJudge
12-10-2007, 12:16 PM
yaaraavathu maranthu delete panni irupaangannu nenaikiraen :?

I even PMed one of the MODs and he said he was looking for it. If I am not wrong, they should have a backup atleast to restore it. Anyway we have this thread now, we don't have to worry about it.

karthik_sa2
12-10-2007, 02:01 PM
yaaraavathu maranthu delete panni irupaangannu nenaikiraen

appadi panna mudiyuma!!??i thought only mods can do that... :o

I even PMed one of the MODs and he said he was looking for it. If I am not wrong, they should have a backup atleast to restore it. Anyway we have this thread now, we don't have to worry about it

looking for it??? :lol: what do they mean?? nuyways we will continue here...

appa eppo dhaan dec 14th varoon'nu irrku???somehow one of my friend will get the ticket on the first day... :D

Sanjeevi
12-11-2007, 11:41 AM
remix of Vethalaya Pottendi remix :)

http://www.dinamani.com/Vplayer.asp?ID=DN420071209013740&Title=Videos&lTitle=%AE%A5%FAV%F4&Topic=0

selvakumar
12-11-2007, 12:49 PM
dont miss the special preview of billa in madhan thiraipaarvai in vijaytv this thursday at 9.30pm :)

karthik_sa2
12-11-2007, 01:10 PM
selva
did u get tickets???

pratap
12-12-2007, 02:44 AM
HAi Guys ! I had a chance to see the "Saroja" inaguration function in vijay TV. Vishal especially talked about Yuvan music ! He may approach YSR for his next film!

selvakumar
12-12-2007, 06:18 AM
selva
did u get tickets???
For opening show, yes I have got it :P watching it here in Bangalore :)

karthik_sa2
12-12-2007, 11:42 AM
hey guys i got the ticket for billa saturtday evening show in woodlands. :bluejump:

selva opening show'va kalakuringa ponga

selvakumar
12-12-2007, 12:58 PM
hey guys i got the ticket for billa saturtday evening show in woodlands. :bluejump:

selva opening show'va kalakuringa ponga
eppayum vidurathu illa :)
and Enjoy @ Woodlands. :thumbsup:

MrJudge
12-12-2007, 05:52 PM
Aingaran International has planned to produce five films in 2008. The first one will be Ajith starer film, directed by Raju Sundaram. Vishnuvardhan will direct a film featuring Arjun and Arya in the lead roles.

Aingaran produces Sarvam not Yuvan?

Sanjeevi
12-13-2007, 04:13 AM
Aingaran International has planned to produce five films in 2008. The first one will be Ajith starer film, directed by Raju Sundaram. Vishnuvardhan will direct a film featuring Arjun and Arya in the lead roles.

may be joint venture like PR's Duet movies and Moserbear

selvakumar
12-13-2007, 07:49 AM
gone r the days when people used to like the music and buy the album..they rather opt for piracy mp3 stuff. these days an albums hit depends on the fans of big clebrities like rajini,ajith,kamal or vijay getting the cds on the first few days ..or success of the movie..this applies to any md now arr or yuvan or vs.. md's have to be selective in doing films..this is becoming very alarming for yuvan esp..
Agree with you completely. Sometimes, I feel why he composes for a movie like Vel while rejecting movies like kireedom. I donno on what basis he selects his projects.
But differ on one point. He should choose movies that provide him more scope and at the same time that has a good team which can translate them into big success :) (e.g., Not all big actors films are worth composing. And not all newbie directors films are worth composing. )

viraajan
12-13-2007, 01:02 PM

may be joint venture like PR's Duet movies and Moserbear

i think u1 is the producer! this one cant be a joint venture IMO!

kham
12-14-2007, 01:47 AM
Guys watched Billa yesterday night...

kham
12-14-2007, 01:50 AM
Guys watched Billa last night....

Film is oki with story, same & similar as the old Billa... No changes like Don...

Very stylish, specially with Ajith & his cars he uses... Locations hav been most da same as Don...

One minus is no joke in da movie... NAYANTARA IS A BOMB GUYS.... Specially when she comes near da swimming pool with Billa tatoo on her hip...

Music, Yuvan has done a decent job... Specially the bg score for the scene whr org billa n prabu travels in da car...

Movie is oki, can watch for the sylish appeal of the movie...

mahen01
12-14-2007, 02:37 AM
So its not good as Don remake I guess.

kham
12-14-2007, 03:49 AM
not good as don remake.... But Ajiths style n da cars, suit, rayban glasses he use is ones dream lol...

Feel they should hav done some changes more in da story...

Movies is good to watch...

kham
12-14-2007, 03:59 AM
Nd guys also dont miss the billa theme bgm @ da end of the movies when the creditionals go...
Yuvan has done some slight changes in the equipments and sounds really chassy thrilling...

itsmuls
12-14-2007, 08:20 AM
[tscii:a5759c3bc3]http://sify.com/movies/tamil/review.php?id=14575572&ctid=5&cid=2429

To remake a 27-year old Rajinikanth film with another actor at a time when he is still the superstar, is a major challenge for any director. But Vishnu Vardhan is a daring young man who took up the challenge along with Ajit and they have come out with a fresh new Billa, an escapist comic book like fantasy film, which has been faithful to the original in spirit and soul. Spiffily shot and stylishly packaged, the remake is slick and will certainly appeal to today’s youth audiences.
Yuvan’s title track and theme music is one of the highlights of the film, though the songs fall flat! The re-mix title song My name is Billa… is no patch on the original and lacks its fervor, while the other re-mix number Vethalaiya Pottendi… has a good beat that makes you dance and is well shot The only mass number is Seval Kodi.., with Vijay Yesudas’s striking voice and colourful picturisation .
Billa delivers the goods with its great star cast, a designer look, technical glitz, perfect chemistry making it an entertainment extravaganza. Fasten your seat belts and enjoy the ride. Don’t miss it.

Verdict- Racy & Rocking [/tscii:a5759c3bc3]

MrJudge
12-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Watched Billa and OK movie...

Songs are not choreographed well by Kalyan :banghead:

Yuvan has done what the movie is required.

Mahen
12-15-2007, 12:34 AM
Yuvan has used Kedi's bgm in Billa..Exact copy..The piece of music used for tamanna has been used again for ajith..Running out of ideas yuvan??

MrJudge
12-15-2007, 05:33 AM
Selva on Aayirathil Oruvan
By Moviebuzz
Saturday, 15 December , 2007, 11:04

Selvaraghavan, the path breaking director who created a new trend in Tamil cinema is now doing Aayirathil Oruvan with Karthi, Parthipan, Reema Sen and Andrea. He completed nearly 35 days shoot in the forests of Chakudy in Kerala for the film.

Now he is back in Chennai preparing for the second schedule of the film in the deserts of Jaisalmer in Rajasthan. Meanwhile the producer of the film had a difference of opinion with Selva over the budget of the film. What is happening is that the cost of the film has overshot the budget, making the producer jittery.

Selva has come under criticism for making it overshoot the budget. When contacted Selvaraghavan said: “Yes I agree it has overshot the budget, for no fault of mine. During the Kerala schedule it rained continuously for 15 days and we could not shoot, and the cost spiraled as we had a 500 member unit and the junior artists waiting for the skies to clear. What can I do about it?"

Selva is one director who is not only passionate about his work but is also a perfectionist. There are no short cuts in his film making method, as each shot is taken with care. He takes time and pain over his films and at it shows on the big screen. Says Selva: " Aayirathil Oruvan is an adventure film with about 80 percent graphics, and it not only takes time but also becomes expensive. It is a big challenge to make a film of this dimension and magnitude."

In Aayirathil Oruvan there are six songs, including a song from the MGR film by the same name. Says Selva: “I have taken the title song from MGR's Aayirathil Oruvan and used it for a similar situation song in my Aayirathil Oruvan, without any re-mix. I have got permission from the original right holders and HMV. I will be having five more songs in the film composed by Yuvan."

Selva one of the most innovative directors in the country is sure to make his Aayirathil Oruvan a super hit, because he understands the mind of today's audiences. 40 percent of the film is over, and another 20 percent will be completed in Jaisalmer, with the remaining 40 percent to be shot on sets in Ramiji Rao Studios in Hyderabad. The shoot of the film will be complete by February end and post production work may take two months, and it can release by mid- May as summer release.

karthik_sa2
12-16-2007, 05:56 AM
watched the movie last night .. very stylish and entertaing remake package...nnan ponna theatre'la audio wasnt good...howver the bgm were so stylish and lifetd the movie so much... songs as judge said not choreographed well....wasted naan meendum also...

viraajan
12-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Watched Billa and OK movie...

Songs are not choreographed well by Kalyan :banghead:

Yuvan has done what the movie is required.

judge,

how was the nan meendum song picturised?

coz am eagerly waiting for this song's picturization.

is is up to the mark of u1's stylish composition?

vasanth2006
12-16-2007, 02:10 PM
Yuvan has used Kedi's bgm in Billa..Exact copy..The piece of music used for tamanna has been used again for ajith..Running out of ideas yuvan??

I welcome this....because i really think that lot of yuvan's master pieces went unnoticed in the flop movies( How many of them known the bit song of kedi???...simply masterpiece....)....so yuvan should reuse those BGM and songs.....And he should reuse tamil BGM/songs in other laguage films....that is my desire..... :)

And i have to see billa....guys, what is the BO fate of billa???

buddysathi
12-16-2007, 06:08 PM
The BGM for the part when prabhu trains Velu for transformation to Billa is mind blowing.

It starts off with some steady beats and the moment when Ajith gets fully trained and comes with the billa get up, the beats change kinda hard rock/metal build-up effect! Really good!

MrJudge
12-17-2007, 04:24 AM

It is for Namitha and not up to the mark. I was expecting something mysterious thing happening in the background.

Sanjeevi
12-17-2007, 06:23 AM
Namitha :banghead:

previously Nee marlin manroe song now this song

MrJudge
12-17-2007, 08:18 AM
Namitha

previously Nee marlin manroe song now this song

She was ok in the movie, but she doesn't deserve this song. Kuthu Ramya-va intha characterkku pottrukkalam.

ezy0265
12-17-2007, 10:56 AM
Guys,

Don't get distracted by, you know which people, and make impressions about the movie and YSR's work.

The movie is outstanding for tamil film standards...so far. A new milestone in every aspect!!! Did not expect Ajit to make it with so much style! and the best part no chance given for comparison with Rajini....cos the film is technically on another dimension as compared to the original film, even though the same story was handled. Lookout for our very own Angelina Jolie, Nayan!!! she looked stunning...in those outfits.

YSR's music is simply world class.....truly lifted the movie to the level it was intended to by Vishnu. Never had any movie filmed abroard looked so good, leave alone filmed in Malaysia....

All the songs and BGM are superB!!!!!!!! no one else, i say again, no one else!!! would have done this much justice to the movie, which demanded absolute style and class from YSR, and he has delivered big time!!!

Even the remixed 'My Name is Billa' which i hated on first listening was so apt for the scene and now I understand why he made it sound so plastic throughout..... and the way he has presented Vetthalaiya!!! my my the theatre was going crazy!!!! i watched it in Yishun Singapore on 1st day.

Not to be missed!!! on big screen. I could not believe the extra applause and wistle that came when YSR name appeared in the titles!!! Every bit Deserving.

YSR!!!!! You are an amazing talent!!!! A true successor to the one and only IR....indeed.

MrJudge
12-17-2007, 11:01 AM
[tscii:3d49ff1d2c]Karthi as MGR fan
IndiaGlitz [Monday, December 17, 2007]

Everybody knows that the title of next 'Paruthi Veeran' Karthi’s next film is MGR’s ever green hit movie 'Aayirathil Oruvan'. What is new about the movie is that Karthi is acting as an MGR fan in the film. He appears with MGR’s figure etched on his shoulder through out the film.

The first schedule of 'Aayirathil Oruvan', directed by Selvaraghavan is completed and the second schedule is planned to commence soon in the deserts of Rajastan. The movie might be ready by Tamil New Year’s day.[/tscii:3d49ff1d2c]

itsmuls
12-17-2007, 11:01 AM
[tscii:d051b3929c]http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/35337.html

Billa: 25 crores in 5 days

Ajith’s much awaited film 'Billa' has collected a record amount of Rs. 25 crores in just 5 days. The film directed by Vishnuvardhan, was released last Friday (Dec 14) in 272 theatres. The bookings were started by 11th of December. The collection for the first five days are said to have touched 25 crores, which is higher than the blockbuster Sivaji.

Ajith has once again proved that he has a very big opening despite lots of failures in the recent years. The actor has also been receiving complements from many quarters for his performance in the film.

If the current trend in the box office continues for some more weeks, 'Billa' will create history of sorts in terms of collection.

[/tscii:d051b3929c]

sgmsin
12-17-2007, 11:13 AM
Friends,

I watched Billa with my family members. Everybody liked the movie and I feel Music, camera, costume and direction lifted the movie so well. As 'ezy0265' said its nice movie to watch. People please dont compare the new one with old one and Please look into the positive side alone. Finally yuvan and ajith satisfied their fan's. Billa simply rocking.

sgmsin
12-17-2007, 11:14 AM
While watching billa I felt as if i am watching some holywood movie. Great work done by Billa technical team

selvakumar
12-17-2007, 11:53 AM
While watching billa I felt as if i am watching some holywood movie. Great work done by Billa technical team
Yuvan's Re-Recording is a GREAT PLUS FOR THE FILM.
It is he who actually gives the stylish feel along with nirav shah. His BGM for many sequences are too good. While watching Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu, I was thinking whether YUVAN has done any film along those lines. (A hollywood type of film). Billa is a perfect movie in that angle.
I loved his BGM for the DON character and the billa theme :clap: :notworthy:

baba88
12-17-2007, 01:36 PM
[tscii:3a6367ee68]http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/35337.html

Billa: 25 crores in 5 days

Ajith’s much awaited film 'Billa' has collected a record amount of Rs. 25 crores in just 5 days. The film directed by Vishnuvardhan, was released last Friday (Dec 14) in 272 theatres. The bookings were started by 11th of December. The collection for the first five days are said to have touched 25 crores, which is higher than the blockbuster Sivaji.

Ajith has once again proved that he has a very big opening despite lots of failures in the recent years. The actor has also been receiving complements from many quarters for his performance in the film.

If the current trend in the box office continues for some more weeks, 'Billa' will create history of sorts in terms of collection.

[/tscii:3a6367ee68]

Hahahah, that's tooo much ! They could tell that it had a good opening and that it's a hit but to tell it's bigger than Sivaji... hmmm... I don't know if this possible. :roll:

MrJudge
12-18-2007, 04:16 AM
I watched the Saroja inauguration function on some sat tv and Venkat prabhu said that there will be audio release function for the movie. Also the heroine is shown with guitar in one of the photos. So songs will be there? :roll:

Sanjeevi
12-18-2007, 05:35 AM
I watched the Saroja inauguration function on some sat tv and Venkat prabhu said that there will be audio release function for the movie. Also the heroine is shown with guitar in one of the photos. So songs will be there? :roll:

I think so :)

viraajan
12-18-2007, 02:32 PM

It is for Namitha and not up to the mark. I was expecting something mysterious thing happening in the background.

saw the movie in mayajal.

totally disappointed with nan meendum song. picturiszation and the grapchics technique used in that song was too good. but the interlude was totally missing. they just cut it off.

dono why directors are like this. the same happened with pesugiren song. dono how many of u noticed it. the interlude (saxophone, followed by guitar) was totally removed.

am very much disappointed!!!!

viraajan
12-18-2007, 02:36 PM
Yuvan's Re-Recording is a GREAT PLUS FOR THE FILM.
It is he who actually gives the stylish feel along with nirav shah. His BGM for many sequences are too good. While watching Vettaiyaadu Vilayaadu, I was thinking whether YUVAN has done any film along those lines. (A hollywood type of film). Billa is a perfect movie in that angle.
I loved his BGM for the DON character and the billa theme :clap: :notworthy:

BGM was awesome and mindblowing. No flute, tabla, veena. Drums and symphony!!! Hard m\etallic music!!!

IMO, no one except u1 in current MDs woud hav given this kinda quality for this kinda movie. hats off to him!!!

viraajan
12-19-2007, 02:24 AM
Earlier in this thread, i had posted that interlude in Nan meendum song and billa theme strongly remind me of an old song. Sanjeevi/Vasanth replied me that its like james bond music.

Certainly not,

The same music comes in the song "Vasamilla malar idhu, vasandhathai theduthu". song from Oru Thalai Ragam music by T.Rajendiran.

Yuvan could have been more careful while composing this tune. This can be an accidental one. but doesnt look like. coz sounds very very similar!!!

MrJudge
12-19-2007, 04:43 AM
totally disappointed with nan meendum song. picturiszation and the grapchics technique used in that song was too good. but the interlude was totally missing. they just cut it off.

A few scenes in Nan meendum song were cut off by the censor board, seems like Namitha was in full form :lol:

rooky
12-20-2007, 12:07 PM
Have heard the audio and feedbacks from the friends.
Yuvan.He has done a good job for BILLA. ('ll catch it in Theatre soon).

I think, yuvan will be the MD for Ajiths next also.
cos, when Rajusundaram was to debut as director (for ParattaiEngira Azhagu sundaram), Yuvan was the chosen MD.There were Ads with their names in media.

Once Raju opted out (!), yuvan also had dis-associated with that project.So, this time, if my guess is right, it would be Yuvan again.

viraajan
12-21-2007, 04:50 AM
Have heard the audio and feedbacks from the friends.
Yuvan.He has done a good job for BILLA. ('ll catch it in Theatre soon).

I think, yuvan will be the MD for Ajiths next also.
cos, when Rajusundaram was to debut as director (for ParattaiEngira Azhagu sundaram), Yuvan was the chosen MD.There were Ads with their names in media.

Once Raju opted out (!), yuvan also had dis-associated with that project.So, this time, if my guess is right, it would be Yuvan again.

i predicted this long back and posted it in this thread.

yes. u1 shd be the md for his next movie.

MrJudge
12-21-2007, 05:44 AM
i predicted this long back and posted it in this thread.

yes. u1 shd be the md for his next movie.

May be but this will be RS's first film and I don't have high hopes for him/his first film including the music.

selvakumar
12-21-2007, 08:30 AM
May be but this will be RS's first film and I don't have high hopes for him/his first film including the music.
I agree that a new director is a risk. Plus, there is going to be Prabu Deva who can still make yuvan compose in Telugu style with ear breaking kuthus and all :shaking:

But No one would have expected that venkat prabu will give us chennai 28. Let us HOPE since HOPE is the only thing remaining now :)

karthik_sa2
12-21-2007, 08:58 AM
raju sundaram is a choreographer..usually chorepgraphers have been very good directors..we have seen that in prabhu deva and lawrence...though we may not expect a movie something with great substance but can certainly expect a comercial,different and enjoyable one...

karthik_sa2
12-21-2007, 09:03 AM
happened to see billa again...second time paakum podhu innum pidichirundhadhu...i somehow felt the songs were choreographed well this time but certainly not upto the expectation... the sound and bgm that comes when ajith burns the car was scintillating .... truly hollywood standards

MrJudge
12-21-2007, 09:08 AM
I agree that a new director is a risk.

Yeah, ofcourse.

Plus, there is going to be Prabu Deva who can still make yuvan compose in Telugu style with ear breaking kuthus and all

If PD does any film, he will stick with Manisharma, his favorite MD.

But No one would have expected that venkat prabu will give us chennai 28. Let us HOPE since HOPE is the only thing remaining now

Yes, hope is there but not very much for me. But Yuvan has worked well with freshers, there is a possibility for some good numbers if he involves.

selvakumar
12-21-2007, 10:28 AM
happened to see billa again...second time paakum podhu innum pidichirundhadhu...i somehow felt the songs were choreographed well this time but certainly not upto the expectation... the sound and bgm that comes when ajith burns the car was scintillating .... truly hollywood standards
Not just that. Everyone's favorite si the BGM that comes when VELU becomes BILLA ! Absolutely stunning ! :thumbsup:

Muscat sunder
12-21-2007, 04:24 PM
Billa is getting crowd mostly Male audiences towatch Nayantara in minimum or no dress.....Movie is tedious and unnececessarily stylish.....

selvakumar
12-22-2007, 08:33 AM
Billa is getting crowd mostly Male audiences towatch Nayantara in minimum or no dress.....Movie is tedious and unnececessarily stylish.....
is it.. :D glad to know how you watched the movie :D

viraajan
12-22-2007, 02:23 PM

thats gr8.

but my fav bgm piece is, when ajith comes to rescue nayan and the kid. extraordinary bgm.
and also, music that comes when prabhu was shot dead and wen police catch ajith!!! amazing... listen to the piece i have told if u watch it again!

anyways i have planned to watch it again in Sathyam. coz i could nt enjoy the sound in mayajal!

karthik_sa2
12-23-2007, 04:43 AM
also during the end when the cops points their bullets to ajith and then changes it to raguman the bgm during this scene was awsome....
virarajan \
next time u watch watch it in albert , sound is good

sureshmehcnit
12-23-2007, 12:29 PM
Guess the movie of this BGM.

http://backgroundscore.blogspot.com/2007/12/background-score-12.html

rooky
12-23-2007, 05:05 PM
Watched the Movie.The technical crew esp.. Music,camera,Editing and Direction are wondeful!

Yuvan's music is really wonderful and amazing.
mindblowing BGM score throughout the movie.

Notable scenes:
Car chase,Prabhu trains Velu into Billa, Velu shooting at prabhu in a preplanned drama, the climax..

The very noticeable things in the movie are the MUSIC and the CAMERAwork.Anyone who watches the movie would definitely feel the IMPACT.

Good work Yuvan.

muzammil_fr
12-23-2007, 10:51 PM
I Give Big Clap For YSR BGM, Really Mind Blowing :)
Superb movie, Ajith Acting was amozing, and Nayan rocked first time, never a actress in tamil cinema acting like her, I wish YSR keep his good work :)

Sanjeevi
12-24-2007, 06:58 AM
Saw movie

Move is just Good not extra-ordinary

Ajith, Nirav Shah, Yuvan, some action sequences are worth mentions

I felt too much usuage of theme music in the form of BGM in the movie. Anyhow yuvan has done good to very good job . Songs worked atleast for me though I was disappointed with picturisation.

Vaz
12-24-2007, 10:46 AM
Guess the movie of this BGM.

http://backgroundscore.blogspot.com/2007/12/background-score-12.html

It is from Poovellam Kettupaar...

Sanjeevi
12-24-2007, 11:38 AM
Vazhthukkal is the next album of Yuvan and it will be released at end of this year (Source : Kungumam, Seeman's interview) and movie will be released in Pongal day (Source : Kumudam, an article about movie)

Sanjeevi
12-24-2007, 11:45 AM
Ajit- Red Hot!
By Moviebuzz
Monday, 24 December , 2007, 17:54

Ajit has rose up the list to be Kollywoods hottest hero after the stupendous opening of his style flick Billa. He is reported to have signed a new film for Sivaji Productions for a whopping Rs 6 crore!
Ajit will start work on his untitled new film sometime in January with choreographer turned director Raju Sundaram for Ayngaran International. It is said to be an action adventure film where he will play an investigative cop, and is likely to be shot in Ooty. A Mumbai based model is likely to be the heroine, with peppy numbers by Yuvan Shankar Raja (he has promised not to do any re-mixes!).

The Ayngaran film is likely to release for August 15, 2008 though no fixed release date has been set. After Ajit finishes this film he will start work on Sivaji Productions new film with either a new director or the old faithful K.S Ravi Kumar.

http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14580197

sloshed
12-24-2007, 02:55 PM
There is a certain period of time in everyone's life.. that we need to care for others.. let our lives be useful to other beings who for no special reason of their own occupy this planet at the same time you do .....

Being fans of an MD... it is but natural that we eulogize the songs..to the extent nobody in this world would have imagined .... Thats your right ...well under the TFM consititutional rights...which will be further established early next year when TFM goes to vote...

But eulogize and not warning your fellow human beings about his movie... is the one I was talking in the first paragraph...Imagine this for a movie..:There is not a single scene which has diaglogues more than a couple of pages and a play in scene.. all scenes start with a fashion show and end with a fashion show....

A movie which has taken for an hour and made to run for two hours with the effect of "Hollywoddarisation!!" --aka slow motion.. if there is a worse movie in tamil cinema where the party is accused of spending crores of ruppeess on a non existent scrrenplay.. on a hero who couldnt emote.. nor dance... or a director who's only accomplishment is to hire a walking instructor for the movie.. believe me... all they did in the movie was walk .. walk in style... walk in slow motion... ah ..I forgot,,,before they shoot somebody ... hands in the pocket...pose... smile... and hey go walking again......

As a responsible person ...who values the sensibilities of other human beings I hence warn you ..just stay away from even the posters... dont get your brain kocked out when watching... but aspiring filmmakers...you should go and watch ..- A terrific lesson on filmmaking....Imagine this again -- Prisoners taken to central prison are allowed their share of fashion... to flaunt their channerl and police collers when they come out of prison...A mere mockery of cinema ...

Ajith and Vishuvardhan.. should collectuvely take the blame and hang their heads in shame forever....Ajith probably didnt understand ..what post-processing of a film is...!!! And Fans...SOS..you owe this to your countrymen!!!

Moives this year --- Vel --Shit
ATM --- Shittier ..
Billa -- Holy Shit...
Tamil Cinema is in dire straights!!!!

Music4Ever
12-24-2007, 03:27 PM
Nothing personal, Sloshed. Can you write your points without the dots peppering your sentences? I think the readers who want to take your posts seriously may demand this much minimum courtesy at least :) You will have a better chance of being heard, IMO.

viraajan
12-25-2007, 03:59 AM
Vazhthukkal is the next album of Yuvan and it will be released at end of this year (Source : Kungumam, Seeman's interview) and movie will be released in Pongal day (Source : Kumudam, an article about movie)

also, in vikatan, seeman's interview.

he has told that "u1 has never done a movie with all the songs expressing the love. but in vazhthukkal he has done such a job.".
i guess, the film will forgo kuthu, beat songs.

if so i will be happy!!!

MrJudge
12-26-2007, 04:54 AM

he has told that "u1 has never done a movie with all the songs expressing the love. but in vazhthukkal he has done such a job.".

if so i will be happy!!!

Also all songs of Vaazhththukkal are written first and then composed by Yuvan. The songs will be coming out probably on the first week of Jan?

According to silly sify, in 2007's top 10 BO hits, 4 movies are done by Yuvan :clap:

vasanth2006
12-26-2007, 05:09 AM

if so i will be happy!!!

Also all songs of Vaazhththukkal are written first and then composed by Yuvan. The songs will be coming out probably on the first week of Jan?

I am also very happy.....And Seeman has requested yuvan that the voice should dominate the orchastration which is missed in billa, machakkaran (slightly orchastration dominated the voice in these albums)....

Let us hope for another deepavali.... :)

vasanth2006
12-26-2007, 05:58 AM
According to silly sify, in 2007's top 10 BO hits, 4 movies are done by Yuvan :clap:

We can proudly say, 2007 is yuvan's year....

But i think in 2008 yuvan will face tough competition from HJ....
Because HJ has some big movies like bheema, Varanam ayiram, Dham Dhoom, Sathyam and a movie with AVM banner (murugadoss director? and big star cast).....lets see....

Sanjeevi
12-26-2007, 06:08 AM
No Yuvan, its Harris

அஜீத்தின் இந்தப் புதிய படத்துக்கு இசையமைப்பாளராக ஹாரிஸ் ஜெயராஜ் முதல் முறையாக ஒப்பந்தப் செய்யப்பட்டுள்ளார் என்பது ராஜூ சொன்ன கூடுதல் தகவல்

http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2007/12/i-am-only-directing-ajith-raju-sundaram-251207.html

viraajan
12-26-2007, 01:52 PM

if so i will be happy!!!

I am also very happy.....And Seeman has requested yuvan that the voice should dominate the orchastration which is missed in billa, machakkaran (slightly orchastration dominated the voice in these albums)....

Let us hope for another deepavali.... :)

i need something better than deepavali. :)

viraajan
12-26-2007, 01:55 PM

We can proudly say, 2007 is yuvan's year....

But i think in 2008 yuvan will face tough competition from HJ....
Because HJ has some big movies like bheema, Varanam ayiram, Dham Dhoom, Sathyam and a movie with AVM banner (murugadoss director? and big star cast).....lets see....

not to worry. u1 has vazhthukkal, 1000il oruvan, saddam hussain which woudl bring the best of him.
u1 would rule 2008!!!

rooky
12-27-2007, 02:50 AM
Selva's Ayirathil oruvan (karthi),
Yaaradi Nee Mohini (Dhanush,Nayan),
Vazhthukkal(Madhavan),
Venkat's Saroja,
Simbhu's kettavan (would make it in 2008 :))
SaddamHussain (Dhanush),
Vishnuvarthan's Sarvam (Arjun,Arya)

are few of Yuvan's lineup for 2008.Yuvan sure to rock.

Apart from this, His private album for SONY might well release in 2008 and Yuvan most probably would make a grand Bollywood entry late this year or in early 2009.

viraajan
12-27-2007, 05:06 AM
Selva's Ayirathil oruvan (karthi),
Yaaradi Nee Mohini (Dhanush,Nayan),
Vazhthukkal(Madhavan),
Venkat's Saroja,
Simbhu's kettavan (would make it in 2008 :))
SaddamHussain (Dhanush),
Vishnuvarthan's Sarvam (Arjun,Arya)

are few of Yuvan's lineup for 2008.Yuvan sure to rock.

Apart from this, His private album for SONY might well release in 2008 and Yuvan most probably would make a grand Bollywood entry late this year or in early 2009.

hey... missed out YOGI with ameer (even tho hez not the dir, we would get a diff u1 in this)
also new dir's sivavin manadhil sandhya. (no much expectations, but stil)

vigneshram
12-27-2007, 05:54 AM
hi friends,

Hooooray!!!!
We have got more reasons to celebrate 2008!!!!!!!

I got a confirmed(yet not revealed) news from an insider of his studio,
One thing's for sure... more exciting projects in the pipeline.
Sorry but,I am not supposed to reveal those....

Once the news is out, I want to see the faces of you-know- who guys who do not recognise his talents and underestimate him

MrJudge
12-27-2007, 06:20 AM

Ippadi seiyalamaa? Ithukku sollaamale irunthirukkalam :(

Anyway looking forward to the day they will be announced officially.

Sanjeevi
12-27-2007, 06:25 AM

Ippadi seiyalamaa? Ithukku sollaamale irunthirukkalam :(

Anyway looking forward to the day they will be announced officially.

Athanae mudincha PM-la sollunga :)

Sanjeevi
12-27-2007, 06:28 AM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14581079

Still we/sify are misunderstanding Vel's songs they were rocked B & C center just because the tunes are close to soil.

MrJudge
12-27-2007, 07:00 AM

Naanum PM-la ketkalaamnu nenaichen, aanaa sollvaaraannu theriyala.

viraajan
12-27-2007, 08:00 AM
hi friends,

Hooooray!!!!
We have got more reasons to celebrate 2008!!!!!!!

Once the news is out, I want to see the faces of you-know- who guys who do not recognise his talents and underestimate him

aaha....

over suspensea irukke!!! pls reveal this!!!

viraajan
12-27-2007, 08:01 AM

PM na enna????

Cinefan
12-27-2007, 11:00 AM

PM na enna????

Private Message:Every registered hubber can send a message to any other registered hubber.It's personal&cannot be viewed publicly.

sunthar_p
12-28-2007, 04:24 AM
1 kettavan full song

http://www.ziddu.com/download.php?uid=ca%2Bcmpqtb6%2BimZTza6qZm5Gma6ebm Zo%3D9

link from http://www.tubetamil.com/view_video.php?viewkey=ee0822adcbfc50bf1ded

this is superb song...listen it guys

MrJudge
12-28-2007, 05:53 AM
Ananta Vikatan has chosen Yuvan for best music director 2007 for his PV and KT albums :victory:

viraajan
12-28-2007, 10:54 AM
Ananta Vikatan has chosen Yuvan for best music director 2007 for his PV and KT albums :victory:

read it first this mornign!!!! hooray!!!!!!!!

karthik_sa2
12-28-2007, 12:34 PM
Ananta Vikatan has chosen Yuvan for best music director 2007 for his PV and KT albums Victory

8-) 8-) :thumbsup:

karthik_sa2
12-28-2007, 12:36 PM
vignesh
over suspense vaikadhinga!!!apporam mokai aagida podhu...

vigneshram
12-28-2007, 01:00 PM
vignesh

Trust me guys...
We r in for a great treat

viraajan
12-28-2007, 01:57 PM
1 kettavan full song

amazing orchestration!!!! jus wow!!!!

who has sung this song? any idea. pathetic nasal voice!!!

in track info, it shows that artist is Ton Cousin!!!! why yaar! lifted one a?

but music is too good!!!

viraajan
12-28-2007, 02:00 PM
1 kettavan full song

audio hasnt come out yet.

u1 should still change the singer IMO. else a beautiful song, spoilt by the singer!!!

MrJudge
12-29-2007, 03:31 AM
[tscii:5ba2679a06]Vaazhthugal: No villain
IndiaGlitz [Friday, December 28, 2007]

Director Seeman’s forthcoming movie 'Vaazhthugal', Madhavan and Bhavana starrer, is a unique film in many counts. The movie has no villain. The incidents and the turning points are the villains. The movie looks into the problems faced by a joint family, disturbed by love.

Seeman is known for his passion towards Tamil. Unlike many, who don’t bring in their principles in their works, fearing the risk of being dumped by the audience, Seeman seems to be implementing his ideas. He has ensured that the whole film talks in Tamil. Only a couple of English words are used in the film. The fondness towards Tamil is reflected in the sets where everyone talks in Tamil.

The film has also introduced many veterans from various fields. Theatre person Na. Muthusamy of Koothu-P-Pattarai and eminent artist Marudu are making their debuts in the film.

Yuvan Shankar Raja has scored the music for the film while Na. Muthukimar has penned lyrics for all the songs.

The audio is expected to be released soon while the movie will be released on Pongal.

So, the film will be the 'Pongal Vaazhthugal' by Seeman

-------

So the audio will be released anytime now? :bluejump: [/tscii:5ba2679a06]

vigneshram
12-29-2007, 04:38 AM
Mr.Judge pls check ur PM

viraajan
12-29-2007, 12:01 PM
Judge,

What is your call on Kettavan song? Have been looking for ur comments.

dint like the track a?

vasanth2006
12-30-2007, 05:08 AM
vignesh

Trust me guys...
We r in for a great treat

Vignesh, send me PM or scrap me in orkut..... :wink:

cyouinme
12-30-2007, 05:11 AM
One more U1 fan here :wave:

ThalaNass
12-30-2007, 05:14 AM
Yuvan confirmed for thala's next project!

" The super success of the film Billa has elevated the star image of Actor Ajith Kumar, and now this star will be doing his next film with Ayngaran International, this film will also mark the directorial debut of Choreographer Raju Sundaram; the music for this film will be scored by Yuvan Shankar Raja. The shooting for this film will mostly commence in January 2008, the other cast and crew for the film is not yet confirmed."

http://www.ayngaran.com/Ayngaran/Ayngaran_Home.html?id=news&name=AjithAyngaran

:thumbsup:

vasanth2006
12-30-2007, 05:34 AM

Welcome to yuvan's gang..... :D

vasanth2006
12-30-2007, 05:36 AM
Yuvan confirmed for thala's next project!

" The super success of the film Billa has elevated the star image of Actor Ajith Kumar, and now this star will be doing his next film with Ayngaran International, this film will also mark the directorial debut of Choreographer Raju Sundaram; the music for this film will be scored by Yuvan Shankar Raja. The shooting for this film will mostly commence in January 2008, the other cast and crew for the film is not yet confirmed."

http://www.ayngaran.com/Ayngaran/Ayngaran_Home.html?id=news&name=AjithAyngaran

8-)

viraajan
12-30-2007, 06:33 AM

Warm Welcome!!!!!!!!!!! :)

vasanth2006
12-30-2007, 12:47 PM

Congrats yuvan..... 8-)

cyouinme
12-30-2007, 07:14 PM
MrJudge wrote:
Ananta Vikatan has chosen Yuvan for best music director 2007 for his PV and KT albums
:cool2:

MrJudge
12-31-2007, 03:50 AM
Judge,

What is your call on Kettavan song? Have been looking for ur comments.

dint like the track a?

Actually I posted my opinion in another thread. To me it doesn't sound like Yuvan's track.

karthik_sa2
12-31-2007, 05:04 AM
vignesh
pm me also .... nammakullaye inga partiallity kaamika aarambichitingala!!! :lol:

vigneshram
12-31-2007, 05:27 AM
vignesh
pm me also .... nammakullaye inga partiallity kaamika aarambichitingala!!! :lol:
:o

karthik_sa2
12-31-2007, 05:57 AM
wishing judge,vasanth,vignesh,virarajan,rajasaranam,selva, sanjeevi and all the hubbers here a very happy ,prosperous and musical new year 2008.. :D

MrJudge
12-31-2007, 06:23 AM
vignesh
pm me also .... nammakullaye inga partiallity kaamika aarambichitingala!!!

He didn't reveal me anything, so please don't mistaken him.

MrJudge
12-31-2007, 06:26 AM
To

Vasanth
Karthik
Vignesh
Virarajan
Selvakumar
Popeye
Sanjeevi

& all Yuvan fans and hubbers

"Wish you a very happy New Year"

MrJudge
12-31-2007, 06:26 AM
To

Vasanth
Karthik
Vignesh
Virarajan
Selvakumar
Popeye
Sanjeevi

& all Yuvan fans and hubbers

"Wish you a very happy New Year"

karthik_sa2
12-31-2007, 06:35 AM

i was just kidding :)

MrJudge
12-31-2007, 06:45 AM

i was just kidding :)

OK. I just don't want to know now, If I knew, I would tell atleast 15-20 people, my friends and other Yuvan fans including you. It will become a open secret, so it is better not to get the info from him now :)

MrJudge
12-31-2007, 06:49 AM
My guess is Yuvan may do some overseas projects / collaborating with other overseas artistes in 2008. Lets wait for the official announcement.

We all know that he is working for SONY, that album will be coming in 2008 with other rocking tamil albums.

karthik_sa2
12-31-2007, 07:05 AM
OK. I just don't want to know now, If I knew, I would tell atleast 15-20 people, my friends and other Yuvan fans including you. It will become a open secret, so it is better not to get the info from him now

okie :) lets keep the fingers crossed and wait

Sanjeevi
12-31-2007, 08:08 AM
Very Happy New Year to all Yuvan fans :)

nanchil_guy
12-31-2007, 09:49 AM
http://thatstamil.oneindia.in/movies/specials/2007/12/top-10-films-of-2007-311207.html

4 out 10 top grossed movies in 2007 have yuvans music, lets hope much better show in the new year 2008.

we can include musical hits like deepavali, katradhu tamil to the fans list of top 2007 though.

prosperous and happ new year!![/code]

nanchil_guy
12-31-2007, 10:05 AM
i just come across this intw by yuvan at rediff
http://www.rediff.com/movies/2007/dec/07yuvan.htm.

here yuvan says his recent best is tamil ma, his favourite in billa is sei and finally he reveals that he is wary of doing remixes.

not so surprise thing for me is , that his opinions are very much similar to his fans.coz i know from the begining he has been trying to give what his fans want.

didnt we yuvans fans celebrate tamil ma as his recent best, or sei as the best song from billa?

eventhough most of his fans here are against remixes, i am ok with that, coz thats what market wants and also become hits, and without hits no one can surrvive in tamil cine industry.

sorry if this intw has been discussed already here.

pratap
12-31-2007, 10:39 AM
Happy New year to all Yuvan Fans.( And also happy near for all ARR fans who are visiting here!)

AV also given best play back singer award to IR for the songs Paraveyae engu irukkirai and Ariyatha Vayasu. Both songs were composed by yuvan. :clap:

We are expecting more master pieces from yuvan on 2008.

vasanth2006
12-31-2007, 12:08 PM
Wish you all very prosperous musical New Year...... :)

viraajan
12-31-2007, 01:30 PM
wishing judge,vasanth,vignesh,virarajan,rajasaranam,selva, sanjeevi and all the hubbers here a very happy ,prosperous and musical new year 2008.. :D

Thanks a ton Karthick. Wish you and every hubber a very happy and prosperous New Year 2008!!!

Wish yuvan all the best for his future ventures :)

viraajan
12-31-2007, 01:41 PM
Hearty New Year Wishes to Judge, Vasanth, Karthick, Sanjeevi, Vignesh and all the hubbers of this thread a very happy and wonderful New Year 2008!!!

Lets join hands together and give Yuvan a big applause for the fantastic job he has done in this year! Lets wish him all the very best for his future albums!!!

vigneshram
12-31-2007, 02:41 PM
Hearty New Year Wishes to Judge, Vasanth, Karthick, Sanjeevi, Vignesh and all the hubbers of this thread a very happy and wonderful New Year 2008!!!

Lets join hands together and give Yuvan a big applause for the fantastic job he has done in this year! Lets wish him all the very best for his future albums!!!

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: - Applauses to Yuvan

Thanks and wish all fellow Yuvan fans a wonderful year ahead...

vasanth2006
01-01-2008, 04:28 AM
Vazhthukkal and Yaradi Nee Mogini albums are going to out soon.....

vigneshram
01-01-2008, 05:57 AM
Vazhthukkal and Yaradi Nee Mogini albums are going to out soon.....

Wow, we can expect superb melodies from Vazhthukkal and YNM album is gonna rock for sure. I am addicted to its telugu version AMAV songs.

MrJudge
01-01-2008, 07:04 AM
Vazhththukkal - This morning on Kalaignar TV, they showed a few secs of couple of melodies from it. Seeman told that Yuvan has composed all songs after lyrics were written and only for the Bharathidasan song he took three days to complete. :cool:

MrJudge
01-01-2008, 07:10 AM
Wow, we can expect superb melodies from Vazhthukkal and YNM album is gonna rock for sure. I am addicted to its telugu version AMAV songs.

Yes, AMAV songs were really good. I hope it rocks in Tamil version too. Vazhththukal should be released this week.

YNM is for Jan 26th/Feb release?

viraajan
01-01-2008, 10:56 AM

Yes, AMAV songs were really good. I hope it rocks in Tamil version too. Vazhththukal should be released this week.

YNM is for Jan 26th/Feb release?

Saw ad in today's hindu metro plus. I guess the audio releases today. they havent specified any date!

Betw, Whats ur opinion on Kettavan Song? Did u listen to it?

I have been waiting for opinion of Vasaanth, Sanjeevi also!!!!

Why no one has commented on it :(

viraajan
01-01-2008, 10:59 AM
Vazhththukkal - This morning on Kalaignar TV, they showed a few secs of couple of melodies from it. Seeman told that Yuvan has composed all songs after lyrics were written and only for the Bharathidasan song he took three days to complete. :cool:

yeah. i listened to those songs. "kadhal thanthum nee than" song is another "Pogathe" for 2008.!!! Songs were good and would surely rock!!!

vasanth2006
01-01-2008, 11:36 AM

Rajan, There is another thread for kettavan song....we commented abt that song there.....

go to this URL http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=10867

:)

vigneshram
01-02-2008, 03:29 AM
Vaazhthukkal audio releasing tomorrow (03Jan08)

hariprasadb23
01-02-2008, 06:57 AM
saw some clips of vaazthugal.two songs were shown .i think it will be a musical treat with good lyrics.

kadhal kodathathum nee tan - pogathe of 2008 .i am not saying it is a copy but same type of feeling.

audio releasing tomorrow.

yaaradi nee mohini to be released soon.

what i felt was vaalthugal album or any other yuvan album sould be released atleast one month before film release bcos it has to be put in radio fm to become an hit

hariprasadb23
01-02-2008, 07:09 AM
happy new year to all yuvan fans.

i am happy that vigneshram has got a good news for us.

i think let it be a secret.bcos previously i was excited in many times when i heard surya working with vishnuvardhan,selva raghavan but that never happened and i was disappointed.

but please tell us what makes that projects intersting other than yuvan.
actor or director.pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Sanjeevi
01-02-2008, 07:13 AM

Rajan, There is another thread for kettavan song....we commented abt that song there.....

go to this URL http://tfmpage.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=10867

:)

ditto

vigneshram
01-02-2008, 08:54 AM

i think let it be a secret.bcos previously i was excited in many times when i heard surya working with vishnuvardhan,selva raghavan but that never happened and i was disappointed.

Sorry for kindling everyone's curiosity. Actually I could not refrain from letting out the news. But its better that we should all keep our fingers crossed until the official announcement. so that we don't get disappointed.

To tell in a nutshell, our chinna 'Raja' is going places.
He will be collaborating with an American Pop singer of international fame (Yaar enbadu suspense :D ), for an album, soon after his own SONY album. This one is also produced by SONY music and once this clicks through, Yuvan will get all the recognition and accolades he deserves, which were not endowed on him all these days.

vasanth2006
01-02-2008, 09:59 AM

Sorry for kindling everyone's curiosity. Actually I could not refrain from letting out the news. But its better that we should all keep our fingers crossed until the official announcement. so that we don't get disappointed.

To tell in a nutshell, our chinna 'Raja' is going places.
He will be collaborating with an American Pop singer of international fame (Yaar enbadu suspense :D ), for an album, soon after his own SONY album. This one is also produced by SONY music and once this clicks through, Yuvan will get all the recognition and accolades he deserves, which were not endowed on him all these days.

Neenga intha newsa sonnathala, antha bad newsa na solren....

yuvan is gonna act in one movie...definitely he will lose his concentration on music ....this is bad move IMO...

MrJudge
01-02-2008, 12:58 PM
He will be collaborating with an American Pop singer of international fame (Yaar enbadu suspense :D ), for an album, soon after his own SONY album. This one is also produced by SONY music

My guess is right. :bluejump: I just pray that he doesn't go to Bollywood at all, instead he should do more international projects and show that he is bigger than other post-90 MDs from India.

MrJudge
01-02-2008, 01:00 PM
yuvan is gonna act in one movie...definitely he will lose his concentration on music ....this is bad move IMO...

Is this a confirmed news?

selvakumar
01-02-2008, 01:19 PM
My guess is right. :bluejump: I just pray that he doesn't go to Bollywood at all, instead he should do more international projects and show that he is bigger than other post-90 MDs from India.
:roll: :roll:

muzammil_fr
01-02-2008, 01:58 PM
He will be collaborating with an American Pop singer of international fame (Yaar enbadu suspense :D ), for an album, soon after his own SONY album. This one is also produced by SONY music

Vaithuaruchal :poke:

vasanth2006
01-02-2008, 02:20 PM

Is this a confirmed news?

Vignesh only told to me.......:)

I think we need to wait for the official announcement for this also.....

vasanth2006
01-02-2008, 02:22 PM

Guys,

Please wait for the official announcement.......we should keep our fingers crossed until official announcement.....

vigneshram
01-02-2008, 02:28 PM

Super aa sonneenga Mr.Judge :thumbsup:
Already silarukku vaitherichal start aayiduchu
Inimel, "Eno" nallaa virpanai aagum :lol:

cyouinme
01-02-2008, 11:36 PM
vigneshram wrote:
He will be collaborating with an American Pop singer of international fame (Yaar enbadu suspense ), for an album, soon after his own SONY album. This one is also produced by SONY music
I can't wait can some one pls PM the name of that INTERNATIONA FAME party

viraajan
01-03-2008, 04:06 AM
Vigneshram.... thanks a ton to you!!!! Thanks a lot da!!!

Was really thrilled when it was under suspense! Am very very happy now!

i am extremely happy that yuvan is gonna join hands with an american singer!!! a very rare but right recognition for Yuvan's talent. Its time for him to venture into Intl albums!!! He is born to win!!!

:notworthy:

viraajan
01-03-2008, 04:07 AM
Vigneshram.... thanks a ton to you!!!! Thanks a lot da!!!

Was really thrilled when it was under suspense! Am very very happy now!

i am extremely happy that yuvan is gonna join hands with an american singer!!! a very rare but right recognition for Yuvan's talent. Its time for him to venture into Intl albums!!! He is born to win!!!
:clap: :cool2:

MrJudge
01-03-2008, 04:07 AM
vigneshram,

IR is the best in Indian cinema industry and I don't think anyone will surpass him in the future. But after post-92, things changed and always a group says that our guy has done projects here and there blah blah and belittle IR. So I want to see someone outdo those guys and prove that doing international projects is not a big deal. If Yuvan does that, ore kallulla rendu manga :)

viraajan
01-03-2008, 04:10 AM
kadhal kodathathum nee tan - pogathe of 2008 .i am not saying it is a copy but same type of feeling.

i told the same few posts back.

starts very slowly like pogathey. hope this would rock!

viraajan
01-03-2008, 04:14 AM
vigneshram,

IR is the best in Indian cinema industry and I don't think anyone will surpass him in the future. But after post-92, things changed and always a group says that our guy has done projects here and there blah blah and belittle IR. So I want to see someone outdo those guys and prove that doing international projects is not a big deal. If Yuvan does that, ore kallulla rendu manga :)

yes judge. IMHO, lets not compare anyone! everyone has their own talents based on which they get recognized. now its yuvan's turn. so lets celebrate this yuvan's success!!! :?

MrJudge
01-03-2008, 04:33 AM
yes judge. IMHO, lets not compare anyone! everyone has their own talents based on which they get recognized. now its yuvan's turn. so lets celebrate this yuvan's success!!! :?

Yeah, Yuvan has got the right talent and he will prove.

MrJudge
01-03-2008, 04:34 AM
Vazhthugal is the new name for Vazhththukkal.

Is the audio available? Anyone got it?

Sanjeevi
01-03-2008, 04:50 AM
vigneshram wrote:
He will be collaborating with an American Pop singer of international fame (Yaar enbadu suspense ), for an album, soon after his own SONY album. This one is also produced by SONY music
I can't wait can some one pls PM the name of that INTERNATIONA FAME party

<dig>
hi use the "quote" button above the post and don't copy and paste
</dig>

nanchil_guy
01-03-2008, 06:17 AM
MrJudge you are right on money!! i have the same opinion on people/media claiming/hyping that some indian composars doing hollywood/international projects now and then.i never come accros any decent project of international fame by any indian 'movie' composers. its just like media hyping that rai is in hollywood movies, eventually either its a small part or a movie by NRI people.

another thing is if you are happy with the tamil songs composed by your fav musician and if you respect/acknowledge his talent then we dont need anyone else opinion on that composer.

kham
01-03-2008, 07:01 AM
ha ha ha... This is not new for TFM as thr hav been bigger break of international fame by post 90 MD's....

MrJudge
01-03-2008, 08:37 AM
ha ha ha... This is not new for TFM as thr hav been bigger break of international fame by post 90 MD's....

No one claimed here it is new. But this is going to be really great, only 28 years old and he is doing it. Isn't that special??

MrJudge
01-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Guys,

I am listening to the Vazhthugal songs, they are available at raaga:

http://www.raaga.com/channels/Tamil/movie/T0001254.html

vasanth2006
01-03-2008, 10:05 AM
Guys,

Please vote uniformly in the polls....

Best album ---- Katrathu Tamizh

Best Song ---- paravaiye engu irukirai

best background score --- billa

So that we can compete better....

sgmsin
01-03-2008, 10:32 AM
I already voted for the same. Thanks for publishing.

vigneshram
01-03-2008, 10:36 AM
Guys,

Mr.Judge
How are the songs ?

MrJudge
01-03-2008, 11:23 AM
Mr.Judge
How are the songs ?

I listened to them only once, my initial reaction is this album is another Deepavali. I liked the Pookkal rasithathu instantly, this is my pick now. I will get the CD tonight and I need to listen them again.

MrJudge
01-03-2008, 11:31 AM
Guys,

I don't vote for any polls I mean these best ratings (but for the real MLA/MP elections I never miss to vote) :) To me these are all big jokes, lets agree to disagree on this matter.

Sanjeevi
01-03-2008, 11:36 AM
Guys,

yeah we are losing beast album, best md but has the chance to win best song and best background score.

Hi, vote for best song of 2007 - Paravaiyae engu irukkirai

Sanjeevi
01-03-2008, 11:37 AM
Guys,

I don't vote for any polls I mean these best ratings (but for the real MLA/MP elections I never miss to vote) :) To me these are all big jokes, lets agree to disagree on this matter.

:lol: quite true

MrJudge
01-03-2008, 11:40 AM
Sanjeevi,

new songs ketteengala illaiya?

MrJudge
01-03-2008, 11:42 AM

Just wait for the official announcement after the polls were over, it will be like Tamilnadu government's awards. Merit will hold no values here.

viraajan
01-03-2008, 12:20 PM
Guys,

i have voted already for the same!

rajasaranam
01-03-2008, 12:25 PM
Guys,

Good to note that Yuvan is evolving and becoming more meaningful composer in understanding cinema as a medium of its own and songs are here to support the narrative only, Not to be standalones :)

MrJudge
01-03-2008, 12:50 PM
The CDs are not available yet. Looks like this is Pyramid Saimira Audio release.

Here is the function details:
http://pstlpost.blogspot.com/2008/01/blog-post_03.html

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/35661.html

rooky
01-03-2008, 01:20 PM
Listened to the songs in Raaga.

Just one listening and the sweet melodies instantly moves you.

Interesting melodious IRish interludes(i always look for this in all Yuvan albums).

Good beginning to year 2008

inetk
01-03-2008, 02:59 PM
[tscii:884a1848fb]Vaazhthukkal’s music pales in front of other Yuvan soundtracks in 2007 and Seeman’s earlier film with Vidyasagar’s music (Thambi).

Here's 100.
http://itwofs.com/milliblog/2008/01/03/vaazhthukkal-tamil-yuvan-shankar-raja/[/tscii:884a1848fb]

vasanth2006
01-03-2008, 07:10 PM
I revisited Katrathu tamizh songs.....

it is best of 2007....best of Na.muthukumar.....It is best of yuvan....

En kannula thanniya kottudhu....No words to describe....divine.....extreme divine...heaven...No one can compose this album(even ennudaiya uyirukku uyirana IR)....If you feel i am going overboard, then please here this album one time with peaceful mind(alone).....

If yuvan gives 5 albums like KT, then Yuvan can quit from music...
yuvan is god's gift to us....thats all....

Yuvan, I am waiting for another KT.....

kham
01-04-2008, 02:46 AM

Just wait for the official announcement after the polls were over, it will be like Tamilnadu government's awards. Merit will hold no values here.

Hmmm intha mathiri award than Yuvanukku edukka mudiyuma????

MrJudge
01-04-2008, 02:50 AM

Let me correct it.

"Just wait for the official announcement after the polls were over, it will be like our government's (TN/Indian)awards. Merit will hold no values here."

kham
01-04-2008, 02:52 AM

No one claimed here it is new. But this is going to be really great, only 28 years old and he is doing it. Isn't that special??

Anna innum oru national award or oru national movie seiyavaille... Ithula ivaru India manatha kapatha poraru...

Orutharukku elunthu nikkave mudiyalayam, Ithula aayiram etho theva pola...

Really great i doubt it.... Well lookin @ national level Yuvan has done nothin great... N with his methods im sure he cannot even reache indian boundaries...

He dont hav da variety to cater to punjabi, bengali to be success nationally n internationally...

Appa aha oho innu thiruvasagam senjaru... Ippa avaru vasame kanom... Ivaru ippa kelambittara....

In foriegn countries they gonna sure ask Yuvan who???

karthik_sa2
01-04-2008, 04:10 AM

THANKS VIGNESH FOR THE INFO!!

that will be really great!!!!

its also true ysr is gonna act in a movie produced by him...but he is not going to be the main lead just a supporting actor for few scenes...

kham
01-04-2008, 04:55 AM

Let me correct it.

"Just wait for the official announcement after the polls were over, it will be like our government's (TN/Indian)awards. Merit will hold no values here."

Oh den u hav a government within India ha.... good good...

well abt ur tag line yuvan generation next i cant stop laughfing.. hes strugglin with guys like harris n vidyasagar n he's generation next... lol

MrJudge
01-04-2008, 05:09 AM
its also true ysr is gonna act in a movie produced by him...but he is not going to be the main lead just a supporting actor for few scenes...

Is that "eerpu"? I remember seeing posters of it having Yuvan alone.

vigneshram
01-04-2008, 08:08 AM

This project is a different one. Actually, he liked the script and agreed to act in lead role. The script is a very different one, not the usual run of the mill. But I sincerely doubt if yuvan will fit in that role.
Lets wait for the official announcement. , He has agreed because he likes the director.My gut feeling is that he will opt out or the project will be dropped.

MrJudge
01-04-2008, 11:04 AM
This project is a different one. Actually, he liked the script and agreed to act in lead role. The script is a very different one, not the usual run of the mill. But I sincerely doubt if yuvan will fit in that role.
Lets wait for the official announcement. , He has agreed because he likes the director.My gut feeling is that he will opt out or the project will be dropped.

Who is the director? Is it Vishnu? Yuvan was planning to do Sarvam with Vishnu under his banner.

rooky
01-04-2008, 01:12 PM
Looking back at 2007,It turned out to be one of the important years for him.He was/is widely termed as the MD with youthful scores.

This year, he has shown to the world that he has lot more to offer.
He proved that he can give a successful folk based album in Paruthiveeran, Melodious album like Katrathu Tamil,Completly plastic BILLA and the youthful Chennai28.

He is one and the only MD in this generation who can give music of any genre.I as a HCIRF, am proud that he is the son of IR.

Future looks bright for Yuvan and is surely maturing as a composer.This way,he is slowly and surely increasing the GAP upwards with the other composers of this generation.

2008 promises to be another interesting year for Yuvan.keep it going..

muzammil_fr
01-04-2008, 10:21 PM
Songs Available Now on http://www.uyirvani.com/forums/Vaazhthugal-Download-Tamil-Song-t19446.html
Enjoy Guys

viraajan
01-05-2008, 03:19 AM
I revisited Katrathu tamizh songs.....

it is best of 2007....best of Na.muthukumar.....It is best of yuvan....

En kannula thanniya kottudhu....No words to describe....divine.....extreme divine...heaven...No one can compose this album(even ennudaiya uyirukku uyirana IR)....If you feel i am going overboard, then please here this album one time with peaceful mind(alone).....

If yuvan gives 5 albums like KT, then Yuvan can quit from music...
yuvan is god's gift to us....thats all....

Yuvan, I am waiting for another KT.....

am listening to all the KT songs atleast 3ce a week, awesome!

nan meendun and sei everyday.

one more thing i wanna share is, pesugiren song! trtuly a master piece. am listenign to this song atleast 1s/2ce a day. cant stop listening to his song! the 2nd interlude (saxofone follwed by guitar) from 2.30 to 3.30 (one of the longest interludes in recent days IMO) is too good. nijamave sema work by u1!!!

viraajan
01-05-2008, 03:28 AM

Anna innum oru national award or oru national movie seiyavaille... Ithula ivaru India manatha kapatha poraru...

Orutharukku elunthu nikkave mudiyalayam, Ithula aayiram etho theva pola...

Really great i doubt it.... Well lookin @ national level Yuvan has done nothin great... N with his methods im sure he cannot even reache indian boundaries...

He dont hav da variety to cater to punjabi, bengali to be success nationally n internationally...

Appa aha oho innu thiruvasagam senjaru... Ippa avaru vasame kanom... Ivaru ippa kelambittara....

In foriegn countries they gonna sure ask Yuvan who???

if u dont like u1, better dont come to this thread.

hubbers,
am sorry if am harsh!! just cant tolerate these f***ing ridiculous statements of this guy!!!

viraajan
01-05-2008, 03:30 AM

yes. i think the same!

i dont want u1 to appear on screen :(

karthik_sa2
01-05-2008, 03:47 AM

judge,
am not sure about that but pretty much sure the movie is gonna be his own production

karthik_sa2
01-05-2008, 03:55 AM
am listening to all the KT songs atleast 3ce a week, awesome!

nan meendun and sei everyday.

one more thing i wanna share is, pesugiren song! trtuly a master piece. am listenign to this song atleast 1s/2ce a day. cant stop listening to his song! the 2nd interlude (saxofone follwed by guitar) from 2.30 to 3.30 (one of the longest interludes in recent days IMO) is too good. nijamave sema work by u1!!!

same with me.. for me katradhu tamil is the best of yuvan 2007...you can probably close ur eyes and meditate hearing those songs...

my next best is pogadhey... yuvan special..again showing his fondeness of piano usage...nobody uses piano these days...

ayyayo is the next best...very apt picturisation...perfectly matching the rhythm

virarajan
as u said paesugiraen 2nd interlude truly IR stuff...

sehnthan
01-05-2008, 04:44 AM
just listened to valtukkal....muzhumai nila is truly amazing stuff..it seems yuvan requested 2 days to compose melody for this bharathithasan song but he only took 15-20 mins to compose other songs in da same movie..hmmmm

MrJudge
01-05-2008, 04:48 AM
Bought the CD yesterday, china china kanavugal was a disappointment. Did anyone listen to Seeman's previous movies songs? How is Vaazhthugal album compared to them? Good/bad?

viraajan
01-05-2008, 06:24 AM
[tscii:e3160b1ec9]Yuvan is going places

Yuvan Shankar Raja, the most happening young musician, would soon hit the headlines with a creation that would propel him to new heights. He is meticulously working on an album. He is now in USA to finish certain works for this album.

Yuvan belongs to the rare group of musicians, who are capable of creating excellent tunes for the lyrics, instead of making the lyricists writing for his tunes. He has composed the tunes after Na. Muthukumar wrote the lyrics for the songs of Seeman’s ‘Vaazhthugal’.

Muthukumar informed in the audio release function that Yuvan had composed the tunes for his songs within a few minutes.

However, the young and gifted musician demanded two days of time to compose a song. The song was penned by the great poet ‘Paventhar’ Bharathidasan. Since Yuvan wanted to make the song of the great poet a special one, he sought two days of time to compose the tune.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/35699.html
----
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I LOVE YOU YUVAN!!!![/tscii:e3160b1ec9]

MrJudge
01-05-2008, 10:38 AM
virarajan, karthik:

Yes, Katrathu Tamil is unique and it sits perfectly along with Puthupettai. Only Yuvan can compose that kind. 2006 - Puthupettai and 2007 - Katrathu Tamilzh, the best albums of tamil from Yuvan.

MrJudge
01-05-2008, 10:39 AM
Yuvan Shankar Raja, the most happening young musician, would soon hit the headlines with a creation that would propel him to new heights. He is meticulously working on an album. He is now in USA to finish certain works for this album.

viraajan
01-06-2008, 07:58 AM
Vazhthugal songs arent too good as expected! :(

muzhumai nila is quite ok. pookkal rasithadhu needs multiple listening. violin in 2nd interlude is too good! :)

havent listened to other songs yet. may like few.

only one or two songs would click IMO!

sad :(

karthik_sa2
01-06-2008, 09:27 AM
hmm...y nobody likes vazthukal just heard three songs and am loving it like anything... :roll:

viraajan
01-06-2008, 11:15 AM
hmm...y nobody likes vazthukal just heard three songs and am loving it like anything... :roll:

have listened to only two songs. will post comments afte i listen to all the songs!!!

viraajan
01-06-2008, 11:17 AM
virarajan, karthik:

Yes, Katrathu Tamil is unique and it sits perfectly along with Puthupettai. Only Yuvan can compose that kind. 2006 - Puthupettai and 2007 - Katrathu Tamilzh, the best albums of tamil from Yuvan.

We have Saddam Hussain/Yogi/ayirathil oruvan) for 2008!!! :) Not to worry!!! We have atleast one album every year from our thala yuvan!!! :)

karthik_sa2
01-06-2008, 01:01 PM
i like all the songs....looks like another deepavali album...infact more versatile.. but i feel Muzhumai Nilla is a bit spoilt by the singer,,, vijay yesudooss could have been a better choice...pookal rasithathu is my best very catchy rhythm

Sanjeevi
01-06-2008, 04:28 PM
Listened all the songs :)

songs are strongly subject oriented and they gave unique feel.

My initial pick is "Unmela Aasaipattu" sounds like IR's 90's style (not 80s :))

ansa400
01-06-2008, 07:03 PM
What movies are Sadam Hussein & yogi guys and whos acting in these films?

kavin
01-06-2008, 11:39 PM
i have been listening continuously to vazhthukal songs in random mode and i like all the songs. its the feel good factor, i guess. it needs no comparison with his other albums or seeman's other MDs. a welcome break, while he dishes out more in 2008. it will hold me while i wait for more. seriously, i don't listen to any other MD, since i know he will give me enough, just as HE did in his peak!

MrJudge
01-07-2008, 03:10 AM
pookkal rasithadhu needs multiple listening. violin in 2nd interlude is too good!

I liked Pookkal rasithathu instantly, yes the second interlude is very good. This song is my pick of the album.

MrJudge
01-07-2008, 03:20 AM
*The song 'kannil vanthathum neethaan' has just string instruments backed with synth bass. No percussion is used, a unique attempt.

*I love the way the first interlude starts in the 'enthan vaanamum neethaan'.

*'chinna chinna kanavugal' is a disappointment.

*lyrics are ok not extra-ordinary, Na.Muthukumar was introduced by Seeman so I was expecting more from him after Katrathu Tamil. But this movie is another love-family subject, so no profound lyrics like KT.

MrJudge
01-07-2008, 03:30 AM
What movies are Sadam Hussein & yogi guys and whos acting in these films?

Sadam Hussein - *ing Dhanush by Katrathu Tamil director Ram
Yogi - *ing (Director) Ameer by Siva

MrJudge
01-07-2008, 03:33 AM
i like all the songs....looks like another deepavali album...infact more versatile.. but i feel Muzhumai Nilla is a bit spoilt by the singer,,, vijay yesudooss could have been a better choice...pookal rasithathu is my best very catchy rhythm

I didn't like Deepvali that much, it was an Ok album to me. Muzhumai nila is a good song, I was disappointed while listening to it on Raaga, but after listening it from the CD, I liked it.

itsmuls
01-07-2008, 03:39 AM
I presume nobody has watched Kalignar TV yesterday morning (sunday) between 8-8.30 am.
There was a programme by Seeman and Madhavan. Two songs of the movie i.e. enthan vaanamum and kannil vanthathum clippings were screened.....
The songs were well choreographed and goes well with the picturisation..... first song was a duet song and second was a song similar to "sollamal thottu...from deena" kind of stuff......
Hope you people would enjoy after the movie releases ofcourse with picturisation...

MrJudge
01-07-2008, 03:45 AM
I presume nobody has watched Kalignar TV yesterday morning (sunday) between 8-8.30 am.
There was a programme by Seeman and Madhavan. Two songs of the movie i.e. enthan vaanamum and kannil vanthathum clippings were screened.....
The songs were well choreographed and goes well with the picturisation..... first song was a duet song and second was a song similar to "sollamal thottu...from deena" kind of stuff......
Hope you people would enjoy after the movie releases ofcourse with picturisation...

Didn't watch it but looks like it is a rerun of New year progam.

viraajan
01-07-2008, 04:27 AM

Didn't watch it but looks like it is a rerun of New year progam.

i guess the same! the replay of new yr prog.

judge,

wt is ur overall satisfaction for "vazhthugal" as an album!

viraajan
01-07-2008, 07:40 AM
"A remarkable album that is worth listening to over and over again." :ty:

Rediff rating: 3 1/2 Stars!

:2thumbsup:

http://ia.rediff.com/movies/2008/jan/07ssvaaz.htm

:clap: :thumbsup:

Congrats Yuvan!

listend to nila and pookal songs. Am yet to listen to the remaining tracks!!!

MrJudge
01-07-2008, 08:34 AM
judge,

My initial reaction was 'Oh oh, another Deepavali!' But after listening to the songs on CD, I felt they are better than Deepavali songs. This album will gel with movie's theme (family-oriented subject) and I liked all songs except 'chinna chinna kanavugal'.

MrJudge
01-07-2008, 08:38 AM
When I bought Vel, I listened to it couple of times immediately and didn't like the tracks and put it back in the corner. Yesterday I was listening to the tracks again, ottrai kannaala, kovakkaara kiliye, and aayiram jannal veedu are really good. Hari has done a decent job in ottrai kannaala. Not a very bad album as I thought.

viraajan
01-07-2008, 02:30 PM
When I bought Vel, I listened to it couple of times immediately and didn't like the tracks and put it back in the corner. Yesterday I was listening to the tracks again, ottrai kannaala, kovakkaara kiliye, and aayiram jannal veedu are really good. Hari has done a decent job in ottrai kannaala. Not a very bad album as I thought.

does aayiram jannal song not remind you of "yella yella" of arindhum ariyamalum!

few pieces of this song reminds me of yella yella song! :roll:

viraajan
01-07-2008, 02:34 PM
judge,

My initial reaction was 'Oh oh, another Deepavali!' But after listening to the songs on CD, I felt they are better than Deepavali songs. This album will gel with movie's theme (family-oriented subject) and I liked all songs except 'chinna chinna kanavugal'.

oh!!! Good to hear!!!

Am yet to listen to the remaining songs except pookkal and muzhimai nila!

vigneshram
01-08-2008, 12:57 AM
"Vaazhthugal" songs -Initially I was not impressed much.
After repeated listenings, the songs have grown in me. Yuvan has put some effort to come up with new sounds, yet with his stamp all over. Overall a decent effort from Yuvan and a lot depends on the movie's BO results too.

viraajan
01-08-2008, 04:06 AM
Listened to Endhan vanamum and unmela aasapattu!

Wow!! Good job by Yuvan!

But, Unmela certainly reminds me of "kannan varum velai". No doubt in this!!

Overall, a decent album from Yuvan!!

viraajan
01-08-2008, 04:17 AM
"Unnal indru penn aanadhan artham purindhadhe" - Endhan Vaanamum.

"Naanum or penn ena pirandha palanai indre adaindhen" - Manmadhane nee

"Unnal indru pennaagave nan pirandhadhan arthangal arindhu konden" - Akkam pakkam yaarum

:rotfl:

Na. Muthukumar in Gavanathirku.....

Yethana murai pa idhaye ezhudhuveenga.... pls konjam mathunga!!! romba bore adikkudhu!!! :notthatway:

:hammer:

selvakumar
01-08-2008, 04:56 AM
"Vaazhthugal" songs -Initially I was not impressed much.
After repeated listenings, the songs have grown in me. Yuvan has put some effort to come up with new sounds, yet with his stamp all over. Overall a decent effort from Yuvan and a lot depends on the movie's BO results too.
:exactly: Haven't listened to it that many times. Looks a bit complex. Melodies are good.

Thalafanz
01-08-2008, 04:59 AM

"Unnal indru pennaagave nan pirandhadhan arthangal arindhu konden" - Akkam pakkam yaarum

Yethana murai pa idhaye ezhudhuveenga.... pls konjam mathunga!!! romba bore adikkudhu!!! :notthatway:

Wow... A very good observation... 8-)

selvakumar
01-08-2008, 05:01 AM
Guys,
You can listen to the songs at musicmaaza. I think it is better than raaga

selvakumar
01-08-2008, 05:09 AM
Yes. That was a great observation. Viraajan :thumbsup:

Sanjeevi
01-08-2008, 05:45 AM
My ratings of vazhthugal songs

1) Kannil vanthathum neethan
2) Enthan vaanamum neethan
3) Muzhumai nila
4) Emmela aasaipattu
5) Pookal rasithathu
6) Chinna Chinna

overall decent album :cool:

I think, the album (female album) is just opposite Chennai 28 (male album) :lol:

selvakumar
01-08-2008, 05:50 AM
overall decent album :cool:

I think, the album (female album) is just opposite Chennai 28 (male album) :lol:

:lol: :exactly: More melodies. Picturisation should be good

viraajan
01-08-2008, 06:22 AM

thanks thala!!! :D

karthik_sa2
01-08-2008, 06:24 AM

same here judge... i never liked it when the album or movie released... but now am just loving aayiram jannal , otrai kannalae and indha ooril eppovumae

viraajan
01-08-2008, 06:24 AM
Yes. That was a great observation. Viraajan :thumbsup:

thanks selva!!! :)

karthik_sa2
01-08-2008, 06:41 AM
the second interlude of pookal rasithadhu could have been lil longer...it starts off so well but ends so soon

littlemaster1982
01-08-2008, 08:48 AM

This is from the film Manmadhan right? Not trying to nitpick. This song was written by Snehan.

viraajan
01-08-2008, 10:09 AM

This is from the film Manmadhan right? Not trying to nitpick. This song was written by Snehan.

Thanks for the correction!

(Copying in lyrics too!!! (jus 4 fun)) :lol:

But the latter two were written by Muthu!

Hope he doesnt repeat!

MrJudge
01-08-2008, 10:31 AM
same here judge... i never liked it when the album or movie released... but now am just loving aayiram jannal , otrai kannalae and indha ooril eppovumae

Yes, Karthik. Especially I liked the rhythm pattern in Aayiram Jannal Veedu, he has mixed hip-hop with folk beats so well. I think it is first of a kind for a village song. I like ah ah chorus coming in the beginning and also in the second interlude. Overall decent album, I know for sure that Hari will come back to Yuvan for his next movie.

littlemaster1982
01-08-2008, 10:32 AM

Hope he doesnt repeat!

This is done by all the poets. How about this,

Meyyaaga nee ennai virumbaadha podhum,
poi ondru sol kannE, en jeevan vaazhum - Vaali

Oru poiyaavathu sol kanne,
un kaadhalan naandhan endru,
andha sollil uyir vaazhvEn - Vairamuthu.

<end digr>

viraajan
01-08-2008, 02:34 PM

Hope he doesnt repeat!

<end digr>

yes. u r correct!

the below one is more common and has been in use for many years . almost all the poets have used this.

"naan endral, naan illai. adhu nee than".... :lol:

i have heard this one (and similar to this one in many many songs).

ok. lets stop discussing this in this thread :D

will create a thread for this plagiarism/repetition in lyrics! :D

vasanth2006
01-08-2008, 03:02 PM

No way....yuvan scrapped me in my orkut account abt this movie...he is just MD....not as actor....Whatever vignesh saying is different film....

vasanth2006
01-08-2008, 03:13 PM
[tscii:34885acaf5]Yuvan is going places

Yuvan belongs to the rare group of musicians, who are capable of creating excellent tunes for the lyrics, instead of making the lyricists writing for his tunes. He has composed the tunes after Na. Muthukumar wrote the lyrics for the songs of Seeman’s ‘Vaazhthugal’.

Muthukumar informed in the audio release function that Yuvan had composed the tunes for his songs within a few minutes.

However, the young and gifted musician demanded two days of time to compose a song. The song was penned by the great poet ‘Paventhar’ Bharathidasan. Since Yuvan wanted to make the song of the great poet a special one, he sought two days of time to compose the tune.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/tamil/article/35699.html
----
:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

I LOVE YOU YUVAN!!!![/tscii:34885acaf5]

8-)

thamizhvaanan
01-08-2008, 04:27 PM

Hope he doesnt repeat!

<end digr>

yes. u r correct!

the below one is more common and has been in use for many years . almost all the poets have used this.

"naan endral, naan illai. adhu nee than".... :lol:

i have heard this one (and similar to this one in many many songs).

ok. lets stop discussing this in this thread :D

will create a thread for this plagiarism/repetition in lyrics! :DHow abt this for another example,

"oru kiNNathai yendhugiren
pala eNNathil neendhugiren"
- Kannadasan in Vasantha maaligai

Following this was,

"kiNNathil thEnvadithu
kaigaLil yEndhugirEn
eNNathil bhodhai vara
engengo neendhugirEn"
by vaali in "Ilamai oonjal aadugiradhu"

viraajan
01-09-2008, 03:25 AM

No way....yuvan scrapped me in my orkut account abt this movie...he is just MD....not as actor....Whatever vignesh saying is different film....

i dono why yuvan allows producers to print his still on the posters. the poster had "yuvan shankar rajavin 'EERPU' ". so eventually ppl think that he is the lead!

u1 himself has told in an interview that the producers requested u1 to print his photo.

MrJudge
01-09-2008, 04:08 AM

Yeah, looks like it is another one not eerpu.

MrJudge
01-09-2008, 04:10 AM
i dono why yuvan allows producers to print his still on the posters. the poster had "yuvan shankar rajavin 'EERPU' ". so eventually ppl think that he is the lead!

I think this is because either the director will be a new guy or they don't have a popular star cast, so they print Yuvan's image to get the young crowd to the theaters. Nothing is wrong in it.

vasanth2006
01-09-2008, 05:36 PM
virarajan, karthik:

yes....Puthupettai is orchastrational brilliance ( Lot of experiments)....

KT is simply soul stirring....... I love KT more than PP....

rajasaranam
01-10-2008, 11:26 AM
Judge,

Unga Signature'la Generation next'a GenX'nnu maathunga, athuthaan trendya irukkum :idea:

MrJudge
01-10-2008, 11:56 AM
Judge,

Unga Signature'la Generation next'a GenX'nnu maathunga, athuthaan trendya irukkum :idea:

Yeah, that is true, GenX looks trendy. I wanted to have NXG at first, but didn't want to sound like a bike. Thanks, will change it.