PDA

View Full Version : TFM News, Stories, Tit-Bits and Anecdotes

Oldposts
11-11-2004, 12:14 AM
For TFM News items, Stories, or Tit-Bits that do not really deserve a separate thread.

For IR Related news: http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=1030
For ARR Related News: http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=1923

Oldposts
Old responses (http://tfmpage.com/forum/26241.stories.html)

Oldposts
The link:

http://www.kjyesudas.com (http://www.kjyesudas.com
)

Oldposts
Why is the banner of TFM page has IR pic removed?

Oldposts
Friends,

I have the following tidbits ( which I read/heard somewhere in interviews)to share with you:

1.In Bharathiraja's 'Pudhumaippenn', VM wrote a song as:

"Aayiram janmam eduththaalum unnaip pirivathillai!
Unnaip pirivathaanaal, Kanne, ini janmame eduppathillai!" For this, IR had already planned a tune in mind and kept requesting VM to fit the song into the tune. As it was getting very difficult to break the lyrics, VM scrapped these two lines and wrote afresh "Kaadhal mayakkam! Azhagiya kangaL thavikkum! AalinganangaL paravasam ingu anumathi ilavasam .... etc.," and the rest is history!

2. In "Rikshakkaran", Vaali was requested to write a song with MGR holding a child and singing of taking revenge of the villains! Kavignar started with " naan oru kai paarkkiREn! neram varum kEtkiREn ! Poonaiyalla pulithaan endRu pOgap pOgak kaattugiREN!" This was found to be too harsh, especially with a child in hand. Then he wrote the lines, " angE sirippavargaL sirikkattum adhu aaNava sirippu, ingE nee sirikkum punsirippO aanandha sirippu!"

This was kept as the first stanza and the " naan oru kai paarkkiREn" portion was taken to the end as the finale! Now, we can appreciate the whole thing better, can't we?

Oldposts
hi......pls i need tamil mp3 ilayaraja songs from film like ninaivellam nithiya,vahyewy mayam,japanil kalyanaraman,sadhanai,manithanin marupakakam,,ram laksman,alaigal oivathilai,karumbu vill,ananda ragam,naan mahan alle,selvi,and nanum ore thozilali.if any of u got this mp3 ...i will buy from u ...pls mail me,,,

Oldposts
yeenu143@hotmail.com....pls mail me if u got

Oldposts
I was reading an old article of Ilaiyaraja. See the question below. Do any one of you know which song he is referring to. The movie is most certianly Grahan.

Q: neengaL virumbi tharpOthu muNumuNukkum cinema
paadal?

IR: Karthik oru Hindi paadal pOttirukkiRaan.
Adhai marakkavE mudiyavillai. AdEyappaa

Oldposts
one more spontaneous act by vaali in Sri raghavendra..

the Situation Goes like this

Ambika(dancer) asks Rajini(raghavendra) to sing using words which cant be depicted by her Action (dance)
and vaali uses name of raaga"surangalil pudhu sugangalai tharum chaarukesiyo"

wow !@

Oldposts
any sites dat have alot of mp3s to download ?

Oldposts
Hi ! folks I have few titbits, this is just one.
I was a great friend of late MD V.Kumar.
He used to tell me many incidence happened in his life. One such is he was composing songs for the film "Ethir Neechal" a balachandar film and the song was vetri venduma. They planned that for TMS to sing and nagesh to dance as nagesh was a great dancer.
When TMS came for recording he listned to the tune and said what nonsense is this I will not sing this stupid tune and left the place. So they called Seerkazhi to sing. After recording at the time of shooting Nagesh heard the song and said he can't dance for that but KB never got depressed he put that song as the title song . It became a mega hit when the film was released and Seerkazhi got great name from that song.

Oldposts
Thinking of the great song writer Vaali these lines are great.
Jayalalitha was acting with MGR and her first film with Sivaji was "Galata Kalyanam". The first duet in that film is written by Vaali. Guess what -
" Nalla idam nee vantha idam, varavendum kathal Maharani"

Oldposts
True...Vaali used perfectly that Entry of JJ in shivaji's films..

Oldposts
http://www.cinesouth.com/specials/interviews/crazymohan.shtml (http://www.cinesouth.com/specials/interviews/crazymohan.shtml
)

one of the best interviews/insights about Tamil films

Oldposts
GV posted the following text many months ago.

"Artists of yester years, who have financial and other difficulties must be helped in whichever way possible! Would all of us be spending (wasting?:) these countless hours day after day on PP and other TFM Page threads if it weren't for the selfless contributions from these great souls? The pleasure and satisfaction we derive when listening to A.M. Raja, Jicki, P.B.S. and the other artists cannot be measured in dollars and cents. They are worth their weight in gold. I think we all owe it to them!"

Can anyone tell if there is a Fund that exists for honoring all these great singers? Thanks

Oldposts
JOIN AND DISCUSS THE LATEST NEWS ABOUT KAMAL AND HIS MOVIES!!!!!!!

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/kamalhassanfanclub

PLEASE SUPPORT !!!!

Oldposts
Hi,
Just saw that the songs of Nala Damayanthi, Kamalhassan's production, with music by Ramesh Vinayagam have been released. Check out this link:
http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/l/WW000D36 (http://www.musicindiaonline.com/music/l/WW000D36
)

Might be of some interest to some TFM fans here!

Oldposts
Harris jayaraj Arasaktchi released...here is the track listing :

1.Arakkonathil Aarambam-Sunitha Sarathy
2.Mugalay Mugalay-Harish Ragavendra/Harini
3.Chant of Arasaktchi-Karthik/Chandram/Naveen/Dr.Narayanan
4.Eppadiye Vittu Vidu-Shankar Mahadevan/Swarnalatha/Sunitha Sarathy
5.Erupathu Vayathu-Harini/Febimani
6.Saiyo Saiyo-Sreeram/Sreelekha Parthasarathy

The music was super.Another good from Harris Jayaraj.

Oldposts
Chart out the Ten best tamil songs of 2003 here

Oldposts
Virumandi relesed

Oldposts
what is vj

Oldposts
HJ Kovil released ...... news from cinesouth.com
Track listing plzz ....

Oldposts
I was told by my friends that Dr. KJ.Yesudas was not allowed inside Sabharimala temple. Is it true?

Oldposts
I was told that Dr KJ.Yesudas was not allowed inside the Sabharimala temple IS IT TRUE?

Oldposts
"I was told that Dr KJ.Yesudas was not allowed inside the Sabharimala temple IS IT TRUE?"

Funny..
Everyday the first song played in Sabarimala temple is Harivarasanam by KJY. Sabarimala is not constrained for Hindus. Any one can enter.
( Ofcource not in Garba Gruha)

By the way, He is not allowed to enter Guruvavur Temple.
Once a program was organized for Chemmbai. KJY's guru. They did not want KJY to accompany Chembai inside the Temple. So the Dias was set outside the temple.

Oldposts
this site is indeed very good and kindles the memory of veterans like kannadasan and vaali. I profusely thank the contributors of interesting tidbits and look forward to more such information.
I am an ardent fan of Kannadasan, of course. I could not control my tears while reading tidbits about this great poet, the greatest of all times.

thanks a lot

Oldposts
For what it is worth, based on the article on Semmangudi Srinivasa Iyer (the 'pithAmaha' of Carnatic Music) in 'Kumudam Junction' 01-01-2004 (available online), it is mentioned that, SSI had IR's photo in his bedroom facing his bed - so he always wakes at IR's face.

Oldposts
[tscii:21f6e75516]

(eng) ALERT: We need 320 character slots for thamizh (tamil) language which is alloted only 128 character slots. Current allocation is not enough to hold all the alphabets and the encoding scheme is not simple to follow. This is an very urgent need. Otherwise the future thamizh (tamil) computer users will severely suffer. Please dont have a different openion on this. Thamizh is our language and we are having the rights and responsibility to have a well defined character set along with the other languages of this world, where most of the languages are having more than enough character slots for them.

(tscii) Ȣ쨸: ɢ째 320 . 128 ġ ɾ ġ ƢӨ Ǣ ý. 򧾨. ȧŢ ȡ, Ȣ . Ƣ¡. Ƣ. 측 ɢ째  측 . ɢ째 Ȣ 츢 Ƣ ġ 측 .

R.Padmakumar
á.

[/tscii:21f6e75516]

Oldposts
'Thiruvasakam in Symphony' thread in the forum celebrates its first birthday today!

Oldposts
I am looking for a song that was put out in either 1959 or 1960, it contains the names of all 50 states. I don't remember the name of it, but one of the lines is What did Delaware? She wore a New Jersey. I was wondering if you could help me.

Oldposts
Best MD is Definately Dhina with Thiruda Thirudi This is definately the best songs i have ever heard especially Manmethea Rasa with the start Dhanush and Caya Sing. and all others who have worked so hard they deserve a huge applause
clap.........clap..........clap....clap......etc.. ..... I give this song 1000 out of 100. it is simply perfect.

Oldposts
K.J. Yesudas has won the Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award. For details, please click below:

http://movies.indiatimes.com/articleshow/719104.cms

http://autofeed.msn.co.in/pandoraV2/output/0DAC69B8-CF39-42EC-BEC8-0246A53B1045.asp

Oldposts
Hariharan recipient of `Padmashree' award:
http://autofeed.msn.co.in/pandoraV2/output/49DDDD6F-4E5F-4EBD-BFC9-B1E69C25AF60.asp (http://autofeed.msn.co.in/pandoraV2/output/49DDDD6F-4E5F-4EBD-BFC9-B1E69C25AF60.asp
)

Oldposts
LATHUMA KALYANAM padathil oru pattu, RAMAN ETHANAI RAMANADI enru
udane
RAMAN ETHANAI RAMANADI enra padam vanthathu
thodarnthu..just follw the same syllubus..

raman ethanai ramanadi - ammadi PONNUKU THANGA MANASU
ponnuku thanga manasu-then sinthuthey vanam
then sinthuthey vanam- unnidam mayangugiren
how is it?

Oldposts
Hi folks,
Some interesting news from BBC Tamilosai for TFM lovers. They are starting a new series on the history of TFM. There is a nice trail of the series in their website. Have a look.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/tamil/highlights/story/2004/08/040805_filmsongs.shtml

Oldposts
One day when Kannadasan came to the studio MSV wasn't there. He came to know that MSV was at his home sleeping...and wrote the song "avanukenna thoongivittan agappattavan naanallava"

How great! Isn't it?

Oldposts
t

Oldposts
Friends, we all know how steeped into spirituality , our Illayaraja is. Here is an anecdote told by maestro himself.Few years ago ,Raja was invited as a guest to the JK Foundation centre at Varanasi.When Raja was there at Varanasi, he used to take a long stroll during evenings along the garden lined with various trees adjacent to the flowing Ganges, outside the guesthouse, where he was put up. On one such an evening stroll, Raja was accompanied by the JK Foundation Chairman Shri Krishnaji . After walking for about 45 minutes, they sat on a stone slab which was in the middle of a mango grove. Raja felt a strange peace engulfing him and he went into a deep trance, oblivious of the world. After about half an hour, Raja came back to his senses and asked Krishnaji the reason for his mystic experience. Krishnaji replied with a smile that the mango grove, where they were sitting, once was barren without fruits and flowers. The people around decided to chop off the barren trees as they fely they were not of any use. JK, the spiritual Guru came to know of the cruelty to be meted out to the barren trees. It seems, he went up to them, lovingly stoked them and told them "hereafter you will bloom and bear fruits". Lo!!! From the next day onwards, the barren mango trees started flowering and in few months, they became proud bearers of luscious mangoes.Krishnaji told Raja that the sacred place was filled with JK's love and the mango grove was a testimony to his limitless love. Raja's experience was due to that divine love which engulfed the whole place.

tfmlover
05-28-2005, 04:05 AM
[quote="Oldposts"]

I am looking for a song that was put out in either 1959 or 1960, it contains the names of all 50 states. I don't remember the name of it, but one of the lines is What did Delaware? She wore a New

Oh, what did Delaware, boys? Oh, what did Delaware?
I ask you now as a personal friend, what did Delaware?

She wore her New Jersey, boys. She wore her New Jersey.
I tell you now as a personal friend, she wore her New Jersey.

Other verse pairs include:

Oh, what does Iowa? She weighs a Washington.
Oh, what does Idaho? She hoes her Maryland.
Oh, what does Tennessee? She sees what Arkansas.
Oh, where has Oregon? She's gone to Oklahoma.
Oh, what did Massa-chew? She chewed her Connecti-cud.
Oh, how did Flori-die? She died in Missouri.

Here's a second version of the song, which appears to go to a
different tune than the song above.

What did Delaware, boys?
What did Delaware?
What did Delaware, boys?
What did Delaware?
She wore a brand New Jersey,
That's what she did wear.

Why did Cali-phone ya,
Why did Cali-phone?
Why did Cali-phone ya,
Was she all alone?
She phoned to say "Hawaii"
She phoned to say ("How-ah-yee")
She phoned to say "Hawaii"
That's why she did phone.

Where has Oregon, boys,
Where has Oregon?
If you want Alaska,
(I'll-ask-a) where she's gone.
She went to pay her Texas
She went to pay her Texas
She went to pay her Texas,
That's where she has gone.

What did Mississip, boys,
What did Mississip?
What did Mississip, boys,
Through her pretty lips?
She sipped a Minna-soda,
She sipped a Minna-soda,
She sipped a Minna-soda,
That's what she did sip.

How did Wiscon-sin, boys?
She stole a New-brass-key,
Too bad that Arkan-saw, boys,
And so did Tenna-see.
It made poor Flori-die, boys,
It made poor Flori-die, you see,
She died in Missouri, boys,
She died in Missouri!

RR
04-06-2006, 08:21 AM
MD's going for their own recording theatres

Sirpi, Bharathwaj explain the trend:
http://www.dinakaran.com/epaper/2006/Apr/06/13_1.jpg

aruvi
04-06-2006, 09:19 PM
RR,

Both say that working without time constraints allow better quality. If only what they say in theory were true in practice:-)

RR
04-07-2006, 04:59 AM
aruvi,

0.0000011 > 0.000001 :lol:

RR
04-07-2006, 05:48 AM
Yet another Dhina album released..

Nee Venunda Chellam (2006) -

Actors : Gajala, Namitha, Ramesh, Vivek
Director : Venkatesan L
Music Director : Dhina M
Producer : Anandan A C, Pazhanivel V
Year : 2006

Ennada Athisaiyam Singer : Jassie Gift, Malathi
Eppadiyum Singer : Malathi, Simbhu
Ethanai Jenmam Singer : Harish Raghavendra, Sadhana Sargam
Kalla Thoni Singer : Karthik, Suchitra
Kannanai Ninaikamal Singer : Chinmayi
Kanni Ponnu Singer : Chorus, Tippu

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.8376/

NOV, 'Kannanai ninaikkaamal' might interest you.. :)

aruvi
04-22-2006, 03:56 AM
Here's the story of how Singer Sujatha came to know ARR:

Both met through a mutual friend named Ravi. The latter wanted Sujatha to sing for a jingle. Sujatha says that one night, around 12am or 1am, ARR(Dileep at that time) called and asked her if she can sing. Sujatha says that initially, she was hesitant to sing for a jingle since it seems little below standard at that time(she was restarting her career in Malayalam industry right then) and refused. But Rahman requested she come and try. So she went and sang. It was for some paste ad. She enjoyed doing that 30 sec ad very much. And later on, when Rahman was offered Roja, he had her do the hummings for Kaadal Rojaave. Then, that was okayed. Right the next day, she got the chance to sing Puthu Vellai Malai.

RR
04-22-2006, 05:46 AM
Pachchak Kuthira (2006) -

Actors : Namitha, Parthiban
Director : Parthiban
Music Director : Sabesh-Murali
Year : 2006

Adadadi Singer : Mahadhi, Sriram M J
Dei Dei Singer : Karthik, Mathangi
I.. Me.. Myself (Theme) Singer : Instrumental
Jolluva Singer : Karthik
Pachca Pachayaa Singer : Mahadhi, Sriram M J
Pottu Vachuu Singer : Anuradha Sriram
Sangu Thaarai Singer : Parthipan
Sarasa Logha Singer : Chinmayi, Karthik, Suchitra P O P Shalini, Vindhya
Thala Mela Singer : Arvind, Chorus
The Horse Power (Theme) Singer : Instrumental

http://www.musicindiaonline.com/l/26/s/movie_name.8392/
Parthiban's 'sangu' seems ready to take over from 'vaaLai meen'.. Oh God!

RR
04-24-2006, 04:47 AM
இருவர்' இசை!

வருகிற 28-ந் தேதி வெள்ளி மாலை 6.30 மணிக்கு விஜய் டி.வி.யின் சார்பில் `இருவர்' என்ற இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடைபெறுகிறது. இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி ராயப்பேட்டையில் உள்ள ஒய்.எம்.சி.ஏ. வளாகத்தில் நடைபெறுகிறது. எஸ்.பி. பாலசுப்பிரமணியம், `மலேசியா' வாசுதேவன் ஆகியோர் கலந்து கொள்கிறார்கள்.

இவர்களுடன் சித்ரா, சைந்தவி, மது பாலகிருஷ்ணன் பங்கேற்கின்றார்கள் ஜான் பிரிட்டோ குழுவினர் நடனம் அமைக்கின்றனர்.

இந்த நிகழ்ச்சி மே மாதத்தில் விஜய் டி.வி.யில் ஒளிபரப்பு செய்யப்படும்.

aruvi
04-25-2006, 02:54 AM
Madhu B. in place of KJY?:-)

Should be fun.

aruvi
04-30-2006, 05:50 AM
Would be great if anyone can put the shows videos up, as was done for IR's. Newstodays report on the show makes it look good. In any event, it should be a treat to see both singers belt out 'ennamma Kannu sowkiyama':-)

RR
04-30-2006, 09:46 AM
aruvi,

Some pics: http://www.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?p=526768#526768

aruvi
04-30-2006, 02:02 PM
RR,
Thx:-)

aruvi
05-04-2006, 02:04 AM
[tscii:860f8dbe83]Vijay TVs Iruvar rocks Chennai
Saturday April 29 2006 11:52 IST
It is still sultry at 7.30 p.m. when S P Balasubramaniam (SPB) and Malaysia Vasudevan amble across to the mikes. The huge YMCA Grounds at Royapettah is already reverberating with the noise of thunderous applause. And the guys are yet to sing!

Cant blame the crowd, since this is the first time ever the two shadow voices of Kamal and Rajini are performing together, live in the city!

Of course Madhu Balakrishnan tries his best to set the tone for the evening with Idhu Oru Pon Malai Pozhuthi from the film Nizhalgal. But no, the crowd wants something more than spring song?

Chitra tries to open the door gently for an evening of melody with Kuzhallodhum Kannan from Mella Thirandadu Kadavu. It is melodious but the audience looks like a kid in front of a cotton candy shop and only when the red-kurta-clad Vasu and dark shirted S P B take the stage that whistles pepper the air.

The two have been close pals for forty years, and will continue to remain so, says SPB before the two launch into Ennamma Kannu Soukiyama and it as if the audience is drenched in a downpour of delight.

Chitra has remained the same for 25-odd years, says SPB. When they launch into Andhi Mazhai Pozhigiradhu from the Kamal-Madhavi starrer Raja Parvai follows next.

The scent of jasmine fills the air and yes, it is Manvasanai time. Potti Vacha Malligai Mottu is sung with joyous abandon and it is celebration time.

Kaadhal Vaibhogame by Vasu and Saindhavi leaves everyone in celebration mode.

Listening to Inda Minminikku Kannil Oru Minnal Vandanu and a bank officer sitting behind murmurs, Ah why did Kamal and Rajni age?

It is down memory lane alright with En Kanmani en Kaadhali from Chittu Kuruvi, the Sivakumar song picturised in a bus. The sky lights up as it were when Vasu follows up with Agaya Gangai originally rendered by him in Arukinrundu Arubathu Varai.

The duet with Saindhavi is followed by Podhuvaga en Manasu Thangam and was there a row, which did not erupt into a dance for the Murattu Kalai number?

Madhu Balakrishnan serenades the wind with Kodai Kala Katre. When SPB and Chitra croon Ore Naal Unai Naan from Ilamai Oonjaladuthu the crowd is lost and mesmerized by the melody.

Planned specially for the Vijay TV show is the medley from 14 songs, sung by all the singers, and a collective sigh of anticipation goes up.

Lines from Paattu Paada Vaa, Roja Malare Rajakumari, Partha Gnabagam Illaiyo, Yaar Andha Nilavu, Senthura Poove, Poove Idaya Poove, Kaadhal Oviyam, Ilaya Nila, en Iniya Pon Nilave, Poongatru Thirumbuma, Kannan Vandhu Paadugiran, Nee Partha Parvai and Vellai Pookal are strung together, and the applause rivals any 1000 wallah.

When curtains came down with Ninaithale Inikkum it was just desserts. You can relish the evening all over again. Vijay TV will telecast the Iruvar concert on its channel in May.

Miss it at your own peril.
[/tscii:860f8dbe83]

aruvi
05-04-2006, 02:12 AM
[tscii:ba04589758]Somes tidbits from SPB:

** Until five years ago, I used to record five songs a day, on all days except second Sundays. I am still recording two songs a day.

** I feel I could have done better. At times, I think there is something missing. Sheer quantity does not mean you have stopped making mistakes. We all do. May be I am more conscious since I am trained in classical music.

** Many times I have felt Oh yes. This song is going to be a hit, but it has turned out to be a damp squib. Ordinary songs have gone on to become huge hits. A gaana song becomes a huge hit but when listened to in isolation it is just another song. That is when you realise that no one knows what will click with the public.

** I feel sorry for on Wednesdays playback singers. Barring a few, many have come and gone without a trace. Often the entire team is young and there is no one to play mentor. M S Viswanathan still points out where you are going wrong, where you could improve. Most of the music directors then were like that. I guess I was lucky.

** I sometimes turn down songs, which are not me. After Sankarabharanam a number of similar songs came my way. But if I feel I am not touching all corners of a raga I cannot sing.

** Everyone knows I give more than my 100 percent but if I some Johnny-come-lately tries to impress his studio audience by riding rough shod over me, merely to satisfy his ego I can be quite cutting.

** On Wednesdays music directors do not strain themselves, and artistes too some sing half a track and move away. There is no timbre, no fragrance as such, which gives identity to a singer. Sad.

** I like Konja Neram (Chandramukhi), Ninaithu Ninaithu Parthu (7G Rainbow Colony), and Vaseegara a lot.

** I have lost maybe half a note in my top note due to my age. But I am still good. I will stop when I know I am only 80 percent fit.

** I have been hosting music talent hunt shows on E TV for 10 years now. I am happy I am able to give back something to this field, which has given me so much. It gives me solace.
[/tscii:ba04589758]

rajdes
05-04-2006, 05:57 AM
[tscii:9d10272e25]"On Wednesdays music directors do not strain themselves"
Why? Are wednesdays inauspicious or something? ;-)

Someone has Search-replaced "today" by "on Wednesday" globally in the document. LOL! The follies of technology!
[/tscii:9d10272e25]

aruvi
05-04-2006, 06:14 AM
:-)

Didn't make the corrections myself wondering if anyone would read it. But yes, "today" is the word.

RR
05-04-2006, 02:25 PM
Na.muthukumar marriage plans:

http://epaper.tamilmurasu.in/2006/may/04/12_3.jpg

vijayr
05-04-2006, 02:59 PM
"We all do. May be I am more conscious since I am trained in classical music. "

when did he train in classical music?

vijayr
05-04-2006, 03:08 PM
"I feel sorry for today's playback singers. Barring a few, many have come and gone without a trace. Often the entire team is young and there is no one to play mentor. M S Viswanathan still points out where you are going wrong, where you could improve. Most of the music directors then were like that."

SPB must have heard YSR's singing :-)These days the MD's themselves need a mentor, leave alone them mentoring playback singers. He is bang on about the fate of today's playback singers - none of them are being groomed or given further opportunities with the trend being introducing 2 new singers every new album. Sad.

rajdes
05-05-2006, 05:49 AM
"Everyone knows I give more than my 100 percent but if I some Johnny-come-lately tries to impress his studio audience by riding rough shod over me, merely to satisfy his ego I can be quite cutting.
"
Who is this johnny-come-lately? YSR?

app_engine
05-05-2006, 06:33 PM
http://in.rediff.com/movies/2006/may/05naushad.htm

Naushad passed away...

RR
06-15-2006, 04:52 PM
[html:a3350294f8]http://epaper.tamilmurasu.in/2006/Jun/15/11_5.jpg[/html:a3350294f8]

RR
06-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Singer saindhavi - Bio, Likes, dislikes, etc

http://epaper.tamilmurasu.in/2006/Jun/18/images/14_03.jpg

RR
06-25-2006, 06:35 AM
Deva's innovation !!

[html:13fa807351]http://www.dinakaran.com/epaper/2006/jun/18/13_1.jpg[/html:13fa807351]

prabhudas
06-25-2006, 11:09 AM
The Talk show " coffe with Suchi" program in Vijay TV by Mirchi FM Suchi, is really geting better and better , 2 weeks ago, she had Crazy Mohan with Urvashi on the program, Crazy mentioned a small little bit of info on " MMKR" 's famous "sundari neeyum" song , the song was originally planned on the type of "Paala kaattu Pakkathule" song, but after IR was narrated about the " kamrajaN" and "Thiruppu"s characterisation ( with perhaps the longest single shot sequence between those 2 characters in the maadi veedu), IR felt the love between those characters were more natural and devinely and came out with this different tune " Sundari neeyum"
Prabhudas

kb
07-17-2006, 05:57 PM
the king of La La melodies is back with thodamaley..

two songs have SA rajkumar brand in the bgm..
one song is gud.. vennilave by haricharan..
its gud or bad..sure to rock all the village townbuses and tea shops :D

aruvi
07-19-2006, 07:18 AM
Singer Chithra has touched 25 years in film music this year.

There was a small article in Dicinema. She mentions that she recorded her first song for the AIR Thiruv. at the age of 5 for a festival. Her dad frequently did programs for the AIR Thiruv. She recorded her first film song in 1979. The song Chinnakuyil Paadum Paattu was her first big hit in TN. Hence, the nickname 'Chinnakuyil'.

s ramaswamy
09-30-2006, 05:42 AM
Hi,

I have logged on to the site but am amazed to find not a scrap of info abt the death of yesteryear screen star and a true tfilm screen legend padmini's death. Why has not been any posting on this and no discussion abt one of the outstanding artistes of tamil films? The current actresses can't hold a candle to the likes of padmini and savitri and her screen combination with Sivaji Ganesan (and off screen too as per her own admission) was legendary. And most importantly she and other yesteryear artistes like Savitri did not use any dubbing artistes and what chaste Tamil she spoke even in interviews despite being a Malayali. And what a beauty she was! Let's salute her memory.

rajraj
09-30-2006, 06:45 AM
Why has not been any posting on this and no discussion abt one of the outstanding artistes of tamil films? Let's salute her memory.

ramaswamy: Please visit this thread.

http://forumhub.mayyam.com/hub/viewtopic.php?t=8038

itsmuls
09-30-2006, 08:15 AM
Any news about ILAKKANAM movie. The music is by Pavatharini, heard song clippings from Putham Puthusu (Sun TV). One of the song that is played often is class....But no idea about the song review...any idea?

rajsundar
10-13-2006, 07:32 PM
I got hold of the cassette from music world. Side A is impressive. The one that you hear in the trailer is a bharathiyar song

"http://www.pondy.com/bharathiar/2-16thirukadhal.htm". The opening stanzas look similar to hamsanadham. There is also a beautiful number in sudhakaveri (Manamagale from Devar magan).

Raj

krish244
10-19-2006, 07:27 AM
Some rumour on who is the actual composer (Anu Malik or G.V.Prakash) of Jaaneman.

http://www.indiaglitz.com/channels/hindi/article/26209.html

thanks,

Krishnan

karthik_sa2
01-04-2007, 09:48 AM
can anybody tell me the results of 2006 music section awards poll?? be honest pls.. :)

vigneshram
04-17-2007, 03:44 PM
I've posted a photo in my blog. Identify the little boy and post comments...

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/04/guess-who.html

or www.vigneshram.com

vigneshram
04-19-2007, 07:14 AM
Check out
http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/04/guessed-right.html

for the answer and a scan of an olden day interview of Maestro in Dailythanthi

raagadevan
04-29-2007, 12:37 PM
Audience determines today's music, says K S Chitra

Chennai, April. 26 (PTI): She had never thought that she would become a playback singer but destiny had other plans. Twenty-five years after her song was first featured in a film, Padmashri awardee K S Chitra believes music and lyrics have changed over the years to accommodate changing tastes.

Chitra, whose first recorded song was featured in "Njaan Ekakanu" (I Am Alone), a Malayalam film in 1982, was responding to a question on some songs in Malayalam and other languages featuring a smattering of English words.

"Nothing is static. Look, there has been a change over 25 years. There is a change in our food habits, the way we dress. It is the same in all fields. The audience too has changed, hasn't it ? The present audience wants these kind of songs," she told PTI.

"If there is no audience, then it will fade out. The audience is the determining factor."

Chitra first sang for the Malayalam film "Attahasam" in 1979. But that film got delayed and was released only in 1983. Her first recorded song was a duet with legend Yesudas in "Njaan Ekakanu". "Pranayavastham" turned out to be a hit and there was no looking back for the affable nightingale.

Radhakrishnan Master (Malayalam music director M G Radhakrishnan) introduced her to films. He was the music director for "Njaan Ekakanu".

"How time flies. There were no celebrations. In fact, it was my friends and the media which drew my attention to the fact that I had completed 25 years in music," said Chitra.

Asked to compare between music then and now, she said: "Technology has advanced so much. Earlier, we practised and practised and went in for a rehearsal before going in for the take. Now look at the equipment we have. It is so sophisticated. Now we hardly get to see who is singing with us. Most of the time, it is only at stage shows that we get to see the musicians. Times have changed."

Chitra's reign truly began after her melodious numbers in the Malayalam films "Ente Mmatekutteammakku", "Nookathudoorathu Kannenattu" and "Naksthangal" in the early 1980s became big hits. She had taken over the baton from music veterans like P Sushila and S Janaki, who dominated south Indian music for over two decades.

A clutch of awards followed. She received her first national award for best female playback singer in 1986 for the Tamil film "Sindhu Bhairavi". She won the next year's award too for the Malayalam film "Nakhaksthangal". She garnered more awards for "Vaisali" (1989, Malayalam), "Minsara Kanavu" (1996, Tamil), "Virasaat" (1997, Hindi) and "Autograph" (2004, Tamil).

Chitra has also received the Kerala Government award for best female playback singer 15 times. She holds the rare honour of being the first person to be recognised by all four state governments in south India as best playback singer. In 2004, she won the award for the best female singer from the Tamil Nadu, Karnataka and Andhra Pradesh Governments.

The Hindu - April 29, 2007

app_engine
05-04-2007, 06:48 PM
http://www.kumudam.com/magazine/Kumudam/2007-05-09/pg24.php

Another one on KSC (Usha Uthup is there as well)...

aruvi
05-08-2007, 11:45 PM
"I have sung around 15,000 songs, most in Telugu," said Chitra who can speak and read Tamil, Telugu and Kannada. She has also sung in Hindi, Oriya and Bengali.

Chitra did not start out thinking that she was going to be a singer. "I belong to a musical family. My father used to sing. So I was interested in music."

After securing the third position in BA music in the Kerala University examinations, she could not complete her MA as she was frequent travelling to Chennai (then Madras) for singing assignments that "took a toll" on her time.

So Chitra had to decide on choosing a career in singing or continuing to study. She choose the former.

Asked if she felt nervous singing with Yesudas, she said: "Of course, I was tense when I sang with Das-ettan for a duet. I was to do the humming. But tension got the better of me and I botched up thrice.

"Das-ettan never lost his cool and kept encouraging me. I will never forget it."

Even veterans like P Sushila and S Janaki encouraged her when she entered the music industry.

Chitra has also sung Hindi songs but she doesn't seem happy about the experience, with, at times, the albums not mentioning her name in the credits. But she said: "I have no complaints."

She does not become depressed if a song does not do well. "In fact, I listen to all my songs and then I feel I could have done a particular note better."

Whenever she was down in the dumps, she always turned to her parents for support. "Now they are no more. But my husband, daughter and only sister are a source of strength to me."

Her sister sang for five Malayalam films but was "too scared" to take music up as a career. "She lives near my residence. So if there is a problem, she will come running," she said with a smila.

Chitra holds music director M G Radhakrishan in great reverence. Her music 'guru' was Professfor Omanakutty. Radhakrishnan was her brother. "He once took me to the AIR station to sing a devotional note in praise of Lord Krishna. I was only five years old and he carried me to the station," she said.

She believes she has sung more hits "for Ravindran master and Johnson master" in Malayalam.

Referring to the new crop of singers, she said all of them are talented. "They need good songs to prove their mettle," she said.

On the music shows on TV channels to unearth talent, she said: "It is good. Youngsters will have an opportunity to showcase their talent. But my only concern is that they may not be mature enough to handle the pressures of sudden fame and money. Parents should ensure that they are level-headed and have their feet firmly on the ground."

Chitra recently completed an album in Hindi titled "Tribute to Lata Mangeskhar" and is now working on a Hindi ghazal album.

Despite her busy schedule, she always finds time to do something for charity, including a trip to Australia for doing a programme to raise funds for a charitable organisation.

aruvi
05-08-2007, 11:46 PM
The rest of the hindu article from above.

raagadevan
05-19-2007, 05:31 PM
Music director L. Vaidhiyanathan passes away

Chennai, May 19 (PTI): L Vaidhiyanathan, renowned music director of yesteryears, passed away after a prolonged illness at his residence at suburban Porur this morning, family sources said.

He was 65 and is survived by his wife and two sons.

Vaidhiyanathan had composed music for over 170 films in Tamil, Kannada, Telugu and Malayalam.

He was honoured by the Tamil Nadu government with the 'Kalaimamani' award. He was also a member of the national committee to select the best feature films.

Prior to his death, he was busy composing music for the Hindi animation movie "Lava Kusa'.

His body was cremated in the evening, the sources added.

vigneshram
05-20-2007, 03:16 PM
Who's the best? Raja or Rahman?
http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/05/whos-best-raja-or-rahman.html

vigneshram
05-29-2007, 02:22 AM
My post on Premgi Amaran, the new star on the horizon

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/05/premgi-talent-personified.html

vigneshram
06-07-2007, 07:34 AM
Why don't we get decent private music albums in tamil as in Bollywood?

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/06/i-n-shankars-boyz-theres-dialogue-by.html

ajaybaskar
06-07-2007, 07:41 AM

http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2007/06/i-n-shankars-boyz-theres-dialogue-by.html

There were some like How to name it,Minnal and andhi maalai.

vigneshram
06-07-2007, 08:54 AM

There were some like How to name it,Minnal and andhi maalai.

Let's keep aside Ilaiyaraja's Devotional albums and instrumentals.

Other albums in tamil have only a few or no songs picturised, with the same old theme of love and its pain. Why don't our people come out of it?

Take "Shakalakka baby" of Mudhalvan for example. It's been picturised as 'shooting a song of album'. The concept of girls going behind boys and boys not being interested in girls is new and Shankar had picturised it in his grand style.

Picturisation makes the difference. Looking at the private albums made in bollywood and their technical quality, a question arises in everyone's mind as, why can't we produce much better ones with all the talented technicians we have?

ajaybaskar
06-07-2007, 09:10 AM
PPl here in TN dont like albums first of all. They want to relate everything with movies.. Thats y serials with movie stars in lead have become a rage.

app_engine
07-03-2007, 04:24 AM
http://dailythanthi.com/article.asp?NewsID=346513&disdate=7/3/2007

pAttikaLukkuppathinARu vayasAm:-)

raagadevan
07-14-2007, 09:38 PM
[tscii:178c78023e]

It happened one day...

Minmini had it made for her, an enchanting voice and a musical career to match. She tells K. Pradeep what it was like at the top and shares the trauma of suddenly losing her voice.

It happened almost 16 years ago, but every time Minimini does a rewind of that day it gives her the gooseflesh. The young singer had just met and sung before Ilayaraja. Gangai Amaran, P. Jayachandran and poet Vaali were among the audience. A recordin g was on in one of the studio floors. Stepping in she was stunned by the huge orchestra hundred violins et al. Turning around she was in for a bigger surprise. Inside the cubicle nearby stood Asha Bhonsle; in flesh and blood, singing one of Ilayarajas compositions. I dont really know what happened to me then. I began crying. Here was a legend that I had heard so much about from my mother. Here she was singing in that lovely voice. And what was I, a rookie singer from a nondescript village in Kerala, doing there? Ilayaraja Sir, sensing my feelings perhaps, introduced me to Ashaji, who blessed me. That same evening I recorded my first Tamil song for Ilayaraja Sir, recounts Minmini of a day which launched her musical career.

Leap to fame

A lot more happened that day. Illayaraja christened her Minmini, as he felt her name Mini somehow did not have a Tamil ring, and asked her to stay back in Chennai. For the next five days Minmini recorded for the maestro. Songs for other music directors followed and then came A. R. Rahmans Chinna china asai (Roja). Minmini was virtually catapulted to national fame. Frankly, I was simply being led ahead. I knew nothing at all. I had no formal training in music. Though I got admission to the RLV Music Academy in Tripunithura, I could not join. By then I was busy as a permanent recording artist in Cochin Arts and Communication, Kochi, and singing in ganamelas. Right from my childhood I simply loved music. I used to adore anyone who could sing. My training was from the different music directors for whom I sang during those early days. Even today I dont think I can identify all the ragas, nor do I search for the beauty of the words in a song. I try to sing as close to what the music directors teach me. Getting into films was something I had not bargained for.

Probably it was her ability to reproduce every note, cadence, exactly blotting paper-like, that impressed Ilayaraja and the others. Maybe this was one reason. It cannot be anything else for when I was asked to sing a kirtan I told him I did not know one. Even now I dont know all that. I have often heard Ilyaraja Sir say that he liked my voice.

It is this innocence and rustic simplicity that comes out in Minminis singing. Her voice brought out her heart, her moral convictions, singing with her life.

Even before this Tamil experience, Minmini had made her debut as playback singer in the Malayalam film Swagatham. In Chennai, Minmini stayed with Jerry Amaldev for the first few days before moving in to the late C. O. Antos house as a paying guest.

For two years Minmini dominated the scene. She sang in seven languages and around 2,000 songs. She won the Tamil Nadu State award for best female singer for her brilliant Roja solo. In Malayalam she was the favourite of music directors like Johnson, Raveendran, S. P. Venkatesh, Bombay Ravi and Mohan Sithara. Some of her songs like Souparnikamritha. (Kizhakkunaram Pakshi), Oonjal Urangi, Neelaraavil (Kudumbasametham), Kakka poocha (Pappayude Swantham Apoos), Paathiraavayi (Vietnam Colony), Swayam varamai (Paithrukam), Vellithinkal (Meleparambil Aanveedu), Aarunee vinmakale perucholamo (Ghazal) and many others turned super hits.

The blow

Then came that debilitating blow. Minmini lost her voice. She was even unable to speak. Those few years were terrible. In fact, I knew it was coming but never thought it would be so serious. I remember how I gradually began losing confidence, cancelling my schedules fearing loss for those who had arranged everything. It was at this time that Rahman called and said he had a song for me. He tried to reassure me that he was not going to lose anything even if I could not sing for the studio was his. I went and found that singing was a far cry for me. All that I managed was to blurt out the words. Rahman recorded everything and it was his brilliance that made it into a song. That one Pachakkili paadum for the film Karuthamma was the last I recorded. After that it was silence. In that silence Minmini found many things.

Minmini got married almost at this time and now had to shoulder new responsibilities. The cause for loss of voice remains a mystery. I believe that it was the will of God. I was forced out of a dream world and look around. This was the time when I began realising so much about life. It is a miracle that Im able to speak and sing now.

Along with her husband Joy Mathew, a popular keyboard player, they have formed a music troupe Sound of Music for which Minmini sings occasionally. She has sung in a couple of albums but has not received any offers from films of late. Trends have changed. These days a singer needs to market oneself , keep calling many people for chances. I dont think Ill be able to do it. Im happy with what life has given me, a magical career where I rubbed shoulders with some of the legends in music, a loving husband and two lovely children, Minmini rounds off.

-From The Hindu
[/tscii:178c78023e]

aruvi
07-16-2007, 02:58 AM
Yes, definitely this incident is something extraordinary. I have sometimes wondered how the playback singing scene would be had her voice been fine. Back in 92-93, one used to hear Minmini a lot. I hope she gets some nice chances. Of course, playback singing is definitely not what it used to be, but...

raagadevan
07-27-2007, 11:03 PM
[tscii:8e462b3f60]

Vijay Yesudas Sahara in Sivaji is topping the charts

Vijay Yesudas dream to sing for A.R. Rahman finally came true in Sahara. The melodious number in Sivaji has been topping the charts as the Boss continues his reign in cinemas.

A great opportunity for a Rajini fan like me, says Vijay. In fact, I first sang the song in 2005. It was Rajni Sirs birthday and after a voice test, Rahman Sir asked me to sing the whole song. The director Shankar Sir and lyricist Vairamuthu Sir were also there. It was a great experience, recalls Vijay.

After a few weeks he recorded the song under Rahmans baton. Although the song has not found a place in the film, Vijay prefers to look at the brighter side of the picture and says it was the opportunity to sing a Rahman song in a Rajnikant film that has made the experience special for him.

Back in India after a tour of the United States and Canada with Rahmans World Music Tours - Unity of Light and The Third Dimensional Tour, Vijay says touring with the Asian Mozart was a learning experience. But what the ardent Rajni fan wants to share is the thrill of watching Sivajis premier in Dallas. Sayonnara, Naresh Iyer, rapper Blazze, my brother Vishal, my wife, Darshana, and I had to pay $ 20 each to watch the film. Not many Indian stars have that kind of fan-following in the United States.

The last two years have also seen Vijay widen his fan-following in South India. He has notched up a number of hits in Tamil and Telugu and has also started singing in Kannada. His songs in Mozhi, Deepavali and Sandai kozhi have helped him find his own place under the arc lights in tinsel town. In Malayalam also, Vijay has managed to make critics and his fans happy with his songs. His recent song in Sooryan has had VJs reaching for the replay of the song many a time.

It is Ilayaraja Sirs song. So, it will have his signature. Last year, Oru Chirikandaal also did well. That was also by Ilayaraja. He knows who is the right singer for each song, says Vijay.
Comparisons

Does it hurt when Vijays songs are compared with his father, K.J. Yesudas songs?

It used to but now I have learnt to take it in my stride. You have to learn to take the bouquets and the brickbats. But I am happy when people say I sound like my father at times. Although there have been negative remarks about that similarity, I have accepted it.

For instance, in Jamabaavaan, I had to sing a song for Prashanth. The song demanded a mature voice and I noticed that at certain places, I do sound like Appa, admits Vijay.

His song in Sooryan had several music buffs guessing the identity of the singer as it reminded many of Yesudas voice in his heyday.

And what does Yesudas think about his sons songs?

Well Appa is not the effusive kind. He has always been encouraging but he does not go overboard with his praise. I am thankful that he has let me progress at my own pace. I did not taste success overnight. It has been a gradual process and a lot of hard work.

Vijay is all set to release his third album of Ayyappa devotional songs. But he is not complacent.

I plan to improve my skills on the piano as it has become a little rusty after my return to India. Moreover, when I am in Chennai, I make it a point to catch up with my music teacher, Ramamurthy Sir, says the singer. I am looking forward to my songs in Chennai 600028, he adds.

Looks like Vijays career has touched a high following his marriage to Darshana last year.

Yes. I agree, says Vijay. In fact, I also get invited to many premiers now. No one used to invite me when I was a bachelor, laughs Vijay.

SARASWATHY NAGARAJAN

-From The Hindu, July 28, 2007[/tscii:8e462b3f60]

R.Latha
08-06-2007, 08:34 AM
பின்னணிப் பாடகர் ஹரிஹரன், இசையமைப்பாளர் சங்கர்மகாதேவன் இணைந்து நாளை மாலை சென்னை நேரு உள்விளையாட்டு அரங்கில் ஒரு இசை நிகழ்ச்சி நடத்த உள்ளனர். இரு இசை வேந்தர்களும் சேர்ந்து மேடையில் பொதுமக்கள் முன் பாடவிருப்பது இதுவே முதல்முறை. `சாதகப் பறவைகள்' இசைக் குழு இதற்கான இசையை வழங்கவுள்ளது.

தமிழ், இந்தி, தெலுங்குப் படங்களிலிருநது ஏறத்தாழ 30 பாடல்களை சங்கர் மகாதேவனும், ஹரிஹரனும் இணைந்து மேடையில் பாடுகிறார்கள். ஹரிஹரனின் கசல் பாடல்கள், சங்கர் மகாதேவனின் கர்நாடக இசை மற்றும் இருவரும் இணைந்து வழங்கும் பாப் இசையும் இசை நிகழ்ச்சியின் சிறப்பு அம்சங்கள். அதோடு `சிங் வித் கிங்' எனப்படும் பாட்டுப் போட்டியில் பரிசு பெற்றவர்கள் இந்த இசை மன்னர்களோடு சேர்ந்து மேடையில் பாடுவதற்கு வாய்ப்பு பெறுவார்கள்.

சாங்குவின் மீடியா நிறுவனம் விழா ஏற்பாடுகளை செய்துள்ளது.

விரைவில் தனியார் டிவியொன்றில் இந்த இசை நிகழ்ச்சி ஒளிபரப்பாகவிருக்கிறது.

app_engine
08-28-2007, 07:51 PM
http://dinamalar.com/2007aug29/kalki.asp

ARR's janagana and Bharadwaj interview...

R.Latha
09-05-2007, 09:32 AM
பாடலாசிரியர் விவேகா அதிரடி திருமணம்!

"பள்ளிக்கூடம்' படத்தில் "காடு பதுங்குறோமே' என்ற மழலைப் பாடலை எழுதிப் பாராட்டைப் பெற்றவர் விவேகா. மதுரை ஜில்லா மச்சான்தான்டா, கோழி வெடக்கோழி, சக்கப்போடு போட்டாளே, சொல்லத்தான் நினைக்கிறேன், பூங்குயில் பாட்டு பிடிச்சிருக்கா, ஒரே முறை ஒரே முறை தப்பு செய்யலாம்... என நிறையப் பாடல்களை எழுதியவர். அவர் கடந்த ஒருவருடமாக சவீதா ஸ்ரீ என்பவரைக் காதலித்து வந்தார். சவீதா ஸ்ரீ லண்டனில் செட்டிலானவர். அண்ணா நகரில் தங்கியிருக்கிறார்.

இருவீட்டாரிடமும் எதிர்ப்பு இருக்க, இருவரும் திடீர் திருமணம் செய்து கொண்டுள்ளனர். இரு வீட்டிற்கும் அவர்கள் செல்லாமல் தனிக் குடித்தனம் பிடித்து குடியேறி உள்ளனர். இப்போது பாரதிராஜாவின் "பொம்மலாட்டம்', பரத்தின் "நேபாளி', மற்றும் "தரகு', "நெஞ்சைத் தொடு', "இன்பா' போன்ற படங்களில் எழுதி வருகிறார் விவேகா

R.Latha
09-05-2007, 09:33 AM
நடிகராகிறார் பா.விஜய்!

பாடலாசிரியர் பா. விஜய் ஏராளமான படங்களுக்குப் பாடல் எழுதியுள்ளார். இருபதுக்கும் மேற்பட்ட புத்தகங்களை எழுதியுள்ளார். இதைவிட முக்கியமான செய்தி அவர் நடிகராவதுதான்.

அவரை நடிக்கக் கேட்டு இதுவரை ஆறு, ஏழு நிறுவனங்கள் முயற்சி செய்துள்ளன. பெரும்பாலும் பட்ஜெட் படங்கள், கதையம்சம் உள்ள படங்கள். ஆனால், பெரிய அளவில் அவர்களது முயற்சிகள் அமையாததால் அவர் நடிக்காமல் இருந்து வந்தார்.

சரியான டீம் அமையும் போது நடிக்கலாம் என்று தள்ளிப் போட்டு வந்தவரை கலைஞர் தொலைக்காட்சிக்காக ஒரு பெரிய கதாபாத்திரத்தில் நடிக்க கேட்டுள்ளனர்.

சினிமா பிரவேசத்தை எதிர்ப்பார்த்தவருக்கு, சின்னத்திரை... அதுவும் கலைஞர் தொலைக்காட்சி என்பதால் மறுக்க முடியாமல் இருக்கிறார்.

app_engine
10-16-2007, 03:45 PM
[tscii:469e50359f]SAR writes and sings "thathuvappAdal":-)

http://dailythanthi.com/cn/cn_home.asp?newsres=2&issuedate=10/16/2007&secid=1#ULT֓%20SzR%20U%20J%20Rjh%20TP%2 0R%20`P'%20Bf\
[/tscii:469e50359f]

R.Latha
10-25-2007, 09:57 AM
Pa vijay in THAI KAVIYAM

http://www.dinamani.com/Cinema/Images/Oct07%5C23c3.jpg

vidhya2
12-28-2007, 09:09 AM
Singapore saw a fantastic and glittering evening yesterday, December 23rd, as stars got together on stage to celebrate 75 years of Tamil Cinema.

Watch the Exclusive pictures Of Mega Star Nite here:

http://tamil.galatta.com/entertainment/events/gallery/name/images/id/973/star/mega-star-nite-singapore.html

R.Latha
02-12-2008, 06:01 AM
[tscii:3cb6e47d9c]Music Director Imman Wedding

Wedding Bells for Music Director Imman
Kollywoodtoday [ February 10, 2008 ]
Tamil-> News

Wedding Bells for Music Director Imman

Music director Iman is to marry Monica Richard come April. Monica, a B.E graduate is currently working in a call centre. Their engagement took place on 1 February in Chennai. The wedding is to take place on 24 April in Cathedral Church at Santhome in Chennai. Introduced to Tamil cinema in Tamizhan, Iman is known for his remix songs.

D. Iman has till now scored music for nearly 30 films in Tamil, three in Hindi and one in Malayalam. The engagement was held on February 1. It was an arranged marriage. D. Iman has worked for films acted by various top actors like Arjun (Giri), Vijay (Thamizhan) Dhanush (Thiruvilaiyadal Arambam) and Sundar C. (Thalai Nagaram).

His Hindi films include two acted by Mallika Sherawat (Kis Kis Ki Kismet) and (Khwahish) the latest popular film Garam Masala directed by Priyadharsan.

ேNamitha follows Footstep of Nayanthara

Superstar on Sethu Issue யு
[/tscii:3cb6e47d9c]

app_engine
02-22-2008, 05:16 PM
http://www.hindu.com/fr/2008/02/22/stories/2008022250750100.htm

Raghuvaran plays guitar / piano, writes sheet music and also has 30 compositions:-)

aanaa
02-26-2008, 03:49 PM
1000 படங்களுக்கு மேல் நடன இயக்குநராக பணியாற்றிவர் நடன இயக்குநர் எஸ். ரகுராம்
இவரின் தாத்தா கே. சுப்பிரமணியம் 40க்கும் மேற்பட்ட திரைப்படங்களை தயாரித்து அளித்தவர்.
கே. சுப்பிரமணியம் தியாகராஜ பாகவதர், பி.யு சின்னப்பா என்று அன்றைய சூப்பர் ஸ்டார்களை தமிழ் திரையுலகிற்கு அறிமுகம் செய்த பெருமை பெற்றவர்.
புகழ் பெற்ற பரதக்கலைஞர் பத்மாசுப்பிரமணியம் ரகுராம் தயா஡ரின் சகோதரி.

http://www.aaraamthinai.com/cinema/interviews/2008/02int01.asp

A.ANAND
02-27-2008, 12:55 AM
athenna athiradi thirumanam! :shock: appa divoce-inna athiradi divoce-ah??? :lol: vazhga tamil pulamai! :banghead:

aanaa
03-01-2008, 11:37 PM
Playback Singer and film producer S.P.Balasubramaniam in a scathing attack about the present day music direction in films was nothing but what the duo M.S.Viswanathan and Ramamurthy had done in the past. The present day music directors had picked up...
for more
hxxp://films-channels.blogspot.com/2007_12_01_archive.html

R.Latha
03-19-2008, 06:19 AM
Playback singer Mahadhi to enter wedlock!
Marீட் 15, 2008

Come tomorrow and it will be a very special day for Mahadhi, the playback singer. Yes, the reason is her wedding to Dr. Sree Kumar.

Mahadhi was introduced to the film field by 'Isaignani' Ilayaraja. The first film that she sang was for 'Kadhal Jathi'. Though this film has not yet hit the theatres, Mahadhi made a mark for herself with the other songs that came after 'Kadhal Jathi'. She has crooned hit numbers like 'Aiaiyoo Aiaiyoo pidichiriku..' from the film 'Saamy', 'Innisai..' from the Ajith starrer 'Varalaru' and the latest 'Mudhal Maazhai' song from the film 'Bheemaa' starring Vikram and Trisha.

'Mudhal Maazhai..' has been a super-hit song much ahead of the film being released and has taken Mahadhi's fame up by a few more notches.

The marriage will take place tomorrow, March 16, 2008, Sunday from AVM Rajeshwari Kalyana Mandapam at 6 am in the morning. The couple will have their wedding reception on the same day, and that is to take place around sunset by 6.30 on the same day. Ace singer Balamurali Krishna's orchestra will grace this occasion.

Mahadhi has done her Masters in English Literature and her would be, Sree Kumar, is a Dental Surgeon and facial plastic surgeon by profession. The marriage is an arranged marriage that has been decided by parents of the couple.

sureshmehcnit
03-27-2008, 12:32 PM
BGM Quiz (of different kind)

http://backgroundscore.blogspot.com/2008/03/blog-post.html

vigneshram
05-03-2008, 01:12 AM
Have you noticed Na.Muthukumar re-using his own lines in recent songs?

Check out the audio clips I have uploaded
http://vigneshram.blogspot.com/2008/05/namuthukumars-repeat.html

R.Latha
05-05-2008, 02:54 AM
குசேலன் படத்தில் ரஜினியை� பாராட்டி ஒரு பாட்டு வைத் திருக்கிறார் டைரக்டர் பி.வாசு. இந்த� பாடலை பிரபல பஞ்சா� பாடகர் தலேர் மெகந்தி பாட இருக்கிறார். பாடலுக்காக அவருக்கு பேச�பட்டு இருக்கும் சம்பளம் ரூ.7 லட்சம் என்கிறார்கள்.

SN23
05-05-2008, 06:14 AM
For this punjab singer P.Vasu is ready to pay 7Lakh? Thamizha kadichu kodari thaLLi... haiyo nenaikkavE nadungudhu. But the same Vasu said he rejected Simran from Kuchelan cast, since she demanded some 30Lakhs as her dabbu.. idhu enna saar nyayam :-(

R.Latha
05-06-2008, 07:26 AM
ஒரு படத்தில் இசையமைப்பாளர் ஸ்ரீகாந்த் தேவா ஆடிக்கொண்டே பாடினால் அந்தப் படமும் பாடலும் ஹிட் ஆகும் என்ற கோடம்பாக்க சென்டிமென்ட் காரணமாக... அவர் இசையமைக்கும் படங்களில் ஒரு பாடலுக்காவது ஆடிப்பாட வேண்டும் என படத்தின் இயக்குநர்கள் அன்புக் கட்டளையிட்டு வருகிறார்கள்.

தற்போது ஜீவன் நடிக்கும் "கிருஷ்ணலீலை' படத்துக்காக ஒரு பாடலைப் பாடி ஆடத் தயாராகிக் கொண்டிருக்கிறார்.

--

AYYAYYO!!!!!

R.Latha
05-06-2008, 07:29 AM
For this punjab singer P.Vasu is ready to pay 7Lakh? Thamizha kadichu kodari thaLLi... haiyo nenaikkavE nadungudhu. But the same Vasu said he rejected Simran from Kuchelan cast, since she demanded some 30Lakhs as her dabbu.. idhu enna saar nyayam :-(
ithelam sahajam sir

R.Latha
05-06-2008, 10:03 AM
[tscii:d8970ffb7c]The sunbaked Jawarharlal Nehru stadium was starlit on Saturday night, as the Reliance Mobile Vijay Awards 2007 witnessed many popular faces and technicians of Tamil cinema.

Rajnikanth bagged the favourite hero award for his performance in Sivaji. However, with the actor unable to attend the ceremony, he was presented with the award on the sets of Kuselan in Hyderabad.
The special award entertainer of the year was given to Vijay (Pokkiri and Azagiya Thamizh Magan).The prestigious Chevalier Sivaji Ganesan award for excellence was presented to director Maniratnam for taking Tamil cinema beyond Indian borders.

Sathyaraj won the best actor (male) award for Onbadhu Roobai Nottu. I dedicate this to my director Thankar Bhanchan, he said.

On receiving the best music director award, A R Rahman said, I dedicate this award to God. Her acting score in Billa fetched Nayantara the favorite heroine award.

Paruthiveeran, the rural story with its raw emotions was adjudged the best film and won three more awards in best actor female (Priyamani), best debut performance (Karthee) and best supporting actress (Sujatha) categories
Polladhavan bagged four awards in best director (Vettrimaran), cinematography (Velraj), stunt direction (Rambo Rajkumar) and the best villain (Kishore) categories.

Best play back singer male award was bagged by Krish for the song June Ponal (Unnalae Unnalae) and the best playback singer female award by Neha Bhasin (Song: Pesugiren, Film : Satham Podathey).

The Superstar starrer Sivaji bagged two more awards the best lyricist (Na Muthukumar) and art direction (Thotta Tharani).

Best supporting actor award was given to Prakash Raj (Mozhi) and Viji bagged the best dialogue writer award for the same film.The show was peppered with some sensuous movements by the likes of Ragasiya and Kamna.[/tscii:d8970ffb7c]

krish244
05-13-2008, 03:36 AM
[tscii:27ce5a2094]Awards exclusively for Tamil Film Music:

http://entertainment.oneindia.in/tamil/exclusive/2008/jayam-charitable-music-award-120508.html

First list of awards goes to:

Best Sensational Musicians: AR Rehman (Shivaji), Yuvan Shankar Raja
Appreciation awards : Bharadwaj (Muni), Srikanth Deva (Many Films)
Best Song of the year : Unnale Unnale... (Harris Jayaraj), Pona Varuveero... (Iman)
Best Sensational Song : Uppukallu... (Singers- Dheena, Bombay Jayasree. Film: Karuppasamy Kuthagaithar)
Best young Musician : GV Prakash Kumar (Many Films)
Best background music : Vidyasagar (Periyar)
Lifetime Achievement award: MS Viswanathan
Best lyricist: Vairamuthu (Shivaji)
Best Commercial lyricist: Pa Vijay (Unnale Unnale)
Sensational Award: Na Muthukumar (Many films)
Appreciation award: Yugabharathi (Karuppasamy Kuthagaithar), Kabilan (Pokkiri), Snehan (Paruthi Veeran)
Life Time Achievement Award: Vaali, Gangai Amaran
Best Playback Singer: SP Balasubramaniyam - Chinmayee (Sivaji)
Sensational Singer: Anuradha Sriram (Malai Kottai), Sadhana Sargam (Giridam)
Appreciation Award: Arun, Girish (Unnale Unnale), Ranjith, Tippu, Premji, Haricharan and Karthik (Chennai 28), Synora (Sivaji)
Best Singer of the year Special Award: Jayee (Veerappu), Haricharan, Yuvan (Thottal Poo Malarum)
Best Rap Singer: Yogi B (Polladhavan)
Life time Achievement award: T.M. Soundararajan, P.Susila

thanks,

Krishnan[/tscii:27ce5a2094]

R.Latha
05-22-2008, 09:50 AM
[tscii:ecf2018bc0]

Slowly but steadily S.P.B.Charan, son of the master singer S.P.Balasubramanium is sharpening his skill as a multitasker.

After meeting success in the role of a producer with the super hit movie Chennai600028', Charan is all geared up for this next venture titled 'Kunguma Poovam Konjum Puravum' under the banner of Capital Film Works banner.

A new heroine comes to Kollywood as a second year dental student Tanya tries to do justice to the role of the heroine in this movie.

The shooting of the film will be triggered off on June 9 at Nagercoil

Rajmohan, an assistant to famous directors like Rajakumaran, S.D.Vijay Milton and A.Venkatesh is the director of the new movie which will be made under the cloud of great expectations due to the super hit status of the producer's previous movie.

Charan came to the industry as a play back singer, made an impact and proved himself. Now he is also known as a successful producer and a decent actor.

Charan, you really shows the spirit of the current youth.

[/tscii:ecf2018bc0]

krish244
07-07-2008, 02:16 AM
It seems this company is selling background music from its library! Readymade BGM kaalam :)

http://www.livemint.com/2008/07/07001455/Pick-and-choose-the-background.html

thanks,

Krishnan

app_engine
07-07-2008, 06:04 PM
http://sify.com/movies/tamil/imagegallery/galleryDetail.php?hgallery=14709608

TFM 2008 award (who organizes it BTW?) function pictures...There's one with MSV-TKR in it.

Murali Srinivas
08-21-2008, 05:08 PM
Today's Kumudam dated 27.08.2008 carries a news item about tfm page. It is as follows

தமிழ் சினிமா பாடல்களை விரும்பி கேட்பவர்கள், கண்டிப்பாக ஒரு முறையாவது பார்க்க வேண்டிய இணைய தளம் www.tfmpage.com . இது தமிழ் சினிமாக்களில் இடம் பெறுகிற பாடல்களை அலசி ஆராய்கிற வெப்சைட்.

தகவல்களை வழங்குவதோடு மட்டுமல்லாமல், ரசிகர்கள் தங்கள் கருத்துகளை தயக்கமின்றி பகிர்ந்து கொள்கிற மேடையாகவும் இருக்கிறது.

அன்புடன்

RR
09-01-2008, 03:44 AM
[html:e00d5b4db9]http://mayyam.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=159&g2_serialNumber=2[/html:e00d5b4db9]

raagadevan
09-08-2008, 08:50 PM
Kunnakkudi Vaidyanathan Passes Away:

http://www.hinduonnet.com/thehindu/holnus/000200809090327.htm

raagadevan
09-12-2008, 08:40 PM
Musical Vibes:

http://www.hindu.com/mp/2008/09/13/stories/2008091351600800.htm